Southern vs South Webster

George Jones
Freshman Team

Re: Southern vs South Webster

Post by George Jones »

Does anybody know how Mike's ankle and Colbie's knee are?

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Gotta go with the SOC2 and the Jeeps.

cool cucumber
All Conference

Post by cool cucumber »

Southern by 6

crazymidgets
All Conference

Post by crazymidgets »

SW is a strong d4 team, Southern will have to play a lot better than last night to beat them.
SW 60- Southern 53

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

The Jeeps have a good nucleus of athletes that play well together. They have also faced a strong conference schedule in the SOC II. IMO, Webster wins the game.

live4sport
JV Team

Post by live4sport »

Jeeps by 15.

Rebels on 3
All State

Post by Rebels on 3 »

Good luck Southern.

Lungbuster
JV Team

Post by Lungbuster »

whats the date and time of this game?

Larry Bird
Freshman Team

Post by Larry Bird »

This will be a tough game for the boys from Southern. SW has some good athletes and will be hard to defend in the open court. If Southern can control the pace of the game they will have a shot. I think the jeeps will be too much though. SW by 10. Good luck Coach Caldwell and the Tornadoes.

iwearblacknikes
S

Post by iwearblacknikes »

Lungbuster wrote:whats the date and time of this game?

This coming Tuesday 3/9-- Tip off is at 6:15

fragasaurusflex
Waterboy

Post by fragasaurusflex »

After reading a few of the other posts one thing stands out in stark relief: neither of these teams could possibly survive the caliber of competition in D3. Average teams ascend to the status of world beaters once D3 tournament play begins. Devoted fans of these meta-teams sneeringly deride the very mention of, ahem, D (holding my nose as I type) 4. Everyone knows that despite often playing in the same conferences as those poor old D4 squads, just about any D3 dream team would run the table all the way to the state championship if they slummed it in, yes, D4. At any rate, good luck to both South Webster and Southern. May the better team (at least on game day) show their true colors with class and graciousness. Be happy guys, either of your respective programs would be easy pickings-instant outs if they dared add enough boys to compete with the big dogs. Beware the D3-3D mojo-no-go nightmare little fellas!

hardfowl
All State

Post by hardfowl »

Live on "The Frog" 92.1 FM

yellowjacket
Freshman Team

Post by yellowjacket »

fragasaurusflexl: you must be from oak hill and talking from experience.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

fragasaurusflex wrote:After reading a few of the other posts one thing stands out in stark relief: neither of these teams could possibly survive the caliber of competition in D3. Average teams ascend to the status of world beaters once D3 tournament play begins. Devoted fans of these meta-teams sneeringly deride the very mention of, ahem, D (holding my nose as I type) 4. Everyone knows that despite often playing in the same conferences as those poor old D4 squads, just about any D3 dream team would run the table all the way to the state championship if they slummed it in, yes, D4. At any rate, good luck to both South Webster and Southern. May the better team (at least on game day) show their true colors with class and graciousness. Be happy guys, either of your respective programs would be easy pickings-instant outs if they dared add enough boys to compete with the big dogs. Beware the D3-3D mojo-no-go nightmare little fellas!

yellowjacket wrote:fragasaurusflexl: you must be from oak hill and talking from experience.

Not bad for someone's first post on SEOPS though. By the way "yellowjacket", are you an old Middleport Yellowjacket by the way ?

yellowjacket
Freshman Team

Post by yellowjacket »

no,but i like georgia tech

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

yellowjacket wrote:no,but i like georgia tech

10-4 , thanks !!!!!

dimedrop4
All State

Post by dimedrop4 »

fragasaurusflex wrote:After reading a few of the other posts one thing stands out in stark relief: neither of these teams could possibly survive the caliber of competition in D3. Average teams ascend to the status of world beaters once D3 tournament play begins. Devoted fans of these meta-teams sneeringly deride the very mention of, ahem, D (holding my nose as I type) 4. Everyone knows that despite often playing in the same conferences as those poor old D4 squads, just about any D3 dream team would run the table all the way to the state championship if they slummed it in, yes, D4. At any rate, good luck to both South Webster and Southern. May the better team (at least on game day) show their true colors with class and graciousness. Be happy guys, either of your respective programs would be easy pickings-instant outs if they dared add enough boys to compete with the big dogs. Beware the D3-3D mojo-no-go nightmare little fellas!

Which is exactly why South Webster, the only D-4 school in the dominant SOC2 conference, has defeated such D-3 schools as Wheelersburg, Valley, Northwest, Portsmouth, possibly Oak Hill, and D-2 Waverly this year? Nah, they wouldn't stand a chance of winning a SINGLE game in the D-3 tourney...

Jeez... :roll: :roll: :roll:

Stick to your D-3 tournament and we'll stick to our D-4...Tourney time for small schools like ours is a totally different atmosphere than that of bigger schools...and we like it just fine :-D

jeep80
Varsity

Post by jeep80 »

My vote as winner under the category: "Most Irrelevant Post In A Topic For 2010".

As an aside....

After reading your post one thing stands out in stark relief: your team could not possibly survive the caliber of competition in D2. Average teams ascend to the status of world beaters once D2 tournament play begins. Devoted fans of these meta-teams sneeringly deride the very mention of, ahem, D (holding my nose as I type) 3. Everyone knows that despite often playing in the same conferences as those poor old D3 squads, just about any D2 dream team would run the table all the way to the state championship if they slummed it in, yes, D3. At any rate, good luck to your team. May the better team (at least on game day) show their true colors with class and graciousness. Be happy guy, your program would be easy pickings-instant outs if it dared add enough boys to compete with the big dogs. Beware the D2-2D mojo-no-go nightmare little fella!

favabeans
Varsity

Post by favabeans »

Thank you Jeep80!!

Go Jeeps!

swbaseballfan
All State

Post by swbaseballfan »

must be mad because his team didnt get to cheat for a D4 spot this year

Return to “Boys Basketball”