Southern vs South Webster

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Re: Southern vs South Webster

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

defensive presssure forces timeout by Southern

Jeeps can still pull this out

Come on Jeeps!!
Last edited by Burg_Grad_77 on Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

seopsfan
Riding the Bench

Post by seopsfan »

Great updates! Thanks. Hope Southern can hold out

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

foul on Jeeps, double bonus

hits both

47-42

jump ball after SW misses a few close shots, southern ball

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

jeeps foul

hits both

49-42 now

not much time left

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

11.4 left, jeeps foul

hits both

51-42 Southern

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

SW misses a few more in the last few seconds

Final

Southern 51
South Webster 42

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

I really thought the Jeeps would win this game. Good season though.
Looks like Burg is the only SOC2 team left.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Great effort by the Jeeps. They never gave up and got within striking distance but Southern was deadly at the line, I think only missing one free throw down the strecth.

Great season by the Jeeps. Good job of representing the SOCII and the area.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Congratulations to the Tornadoes, really nice win! Great ball management and patience in the last 10 minutes of the game. And what a pleasure to listen to Hardfowl, your passion and enthusiasm make listening to you a blast!!!!! Lots of grins tonight listening to your broadcast!

iwearblacknikes
S

Post by iwearblacknikes »

Congratulations to the Tornadoes! Keep it rollin to a district title! :mrgreen:

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Nice job Southern!!

iwearblacknikes
S

Steely Dan wrote:Congratulations to the Tornadoes, really nice win! Great ball management and patience in the last 10 minutes of the game. And what a pleasure to listen to Hardfowl, your passion and enthusiasm make listening to you a blast!!!!! Lots of grins tonight listening to your broadcast!

I'd have to agree. That was a great broadcast!

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

And we get to listen to him again in the next game! DOUBLE BONUS!!!! :lol: :lol:

iwearblacknikes
S

Haha yeah I heard that! He probably won't be quite as excited since the Tornadoes aren't playing!

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Heres a few stats. I didn't get any individual stats since I got busy again. Maybe someone else got those.

Racine Southern..... 15 - 10 - 10 - 16 = 51
South Webster......13 - 11 - 13 - 05 = 42

RC was 8/10 from the line in the 4th and had no turnovers in the 4th as well.

Racine Southern
Sht...17/39, 44%
3pt...0/9, 00%
FT...17/23, 74%
REB...30
TO...9

South Webster
Sht...17/46, 37%
3pt...5/21, 23%
FT...3/5, 60%
REB...30
TO...10

Looks like FT's were the difference in this game.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Burg - Thanks for the break down buddy. You are absolutely spot on that FT's were the difference. However, I don't think anyone in their right mind will complain about the difference in the number of free throws. Note, I didn't say disparity, because it wasn't, in my opinion ;-)

SW played hard, and should be very proud of their season. They just ran into a better team tonight.

Oh, and for those listening to the second game, don't expect anything less than the same amount of enthusiasm from Hardfowl in the Eastern game. He's a staunch supporter of Meigs county basketball, and spreads the enthusiasm evenly!!!

dimedrop4
All State

Post by dimedrop4 »

First of all, Congrats to Southern. Second of all, I would like to congratulate the Jeeps on an unbelievable season. At the beginning of the season 8 out of 10 people picked this group of boys to finish near the bottom of their league, and to finish the season with a 18-5 mark, is completely remarkable considering the past 2 seasons we have had in our program. It just goes to show the amount of heart and compassion that can be put into a ball team when a COACH comes into a new town that has the ability to make his team BELIEVE that they CAN win...This season has a been a pleasure to watch to say the least, and the Jeeps have nothing to be ashamed of...To Coach Ater, thank you for bringing South Webster basketball back to life and allowing this group of kids to experience a season that I'm sure very few thought was possible at the beginning of the year....To our seniors, thank you for all of your hard work over the past 4 seasons and always pushing through adversity when times were rough with your team. Good Luck in whatever your future may bring!

Mainly, I'm glad to say the I look forward the future of our basketball program. We should all congratulate these boys on a fine season, and encourage them to keep up the great work in future seasons! Thanks for a great season Jeeps!
Last edited by dimedrop4 on Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

slug
Freshman Team

Post by slug »

Good job this year Jeeps. You've been a fun team to watch(when I'm not at work).

I smell good
JV Team

Post by I smell good »

How bout them Tornadoes!

This was a great game to watch and both teams played really well.

Congrats SW on a nice season and to Southern I think it's about basketball:30 on Saturday!

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Congrats to Racine Southern on the win...kept waiting for them to start missing some free throws, but they were money from the line and that's where the game was won. Their defense caused Webster problems getting into the offense. Good luck Saturday in the Finals.

As for Webster, GREAT season. I know I had them pegged as a .500 team with an outside shot at making the Convo before the season started. Well, 18-5 is a whole lot better than I expected. Unlike the last few years, there is no doubt the right guy is heading this program. Coach Ater will put in the time necessary to make Webster a winner, and with who they got returning next year, another trip to the Convo is likely. Wes Loop and Trevor Queen will definitely be missed. But the Jeeps have some younger players ready to step up in their place. Again congrats to the Jeeps on a fine year and good luck to Racine Southern Saturday.*

Return to “Boys Basketball”