Manchester vs Reedsville Eastern 3-9 @ OU

cobweb
JV Team

Re: Manchester vs Reedsville Eastern 3-9 @ OU

Post by cobweb »

To both teams, thanks, the game was very entertaining!!! Congratulations to Manchester on the victory and hope that you bring your best to each future game.

Eagles, you played your tail off in this outing, like always. The ball just didn't drop through the cylinder quite enough for the V in this one. Coach and team you had a great basketball season, while playing with tremendous effort and character each game.

Man, what an ending!!! I was amazed at how the officiating is so different for tournament than regular season. I am not complaining, but that game, from a contact perspective, looked more along the lines of roller derby rather than basketball.

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

Surprised Howdy didn't have the Iggles ready to go in the first half. I am sure he would have rather had more fouls called to, but thats how it goes sometimes. He misses out on a chance to do to his boy what his boy did to him last year, which is beat him 3 times in one season. I guess we will see if son can do what dad could not by beating Manchester. :mrgreen:

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

I thought that last play for Manchester was going to be more interesting than it ended up being, dont get me wrong, the kid made a great shot, but I thought Eastern probably could have tackled the kid and the nature of that game, no foul would have been called. But they only applied token pressure, and then kind of backed off. I was sitting there with my buddies during the timeout before the last play and was talking about all the pressure on the referees in that last play the way they had let the game get played up to that point, would they call a touch foul at the end, or swallow their whistles even on an obvious foul - but none of it happened. What a great game. Those kids played their hearts out.

Chained Eagle
Riding the Bench

Post by Chained Eagle »

Great effort by both teams. Congrats to Manchester on the win.

Indian Fanatic
Riding the Bench

Post by Indian Fanatic »

Congratulations Manchester!! Go SHL

cobweb
JV Team

Post by cobweb »

Spartan, didn't you feel that the Refs. would have called the last 6 seconds more closely? I did, I thought Howie made the right decision, token pressure - no foul and take a chance with the long shot versus a called foul and trip to the line. #40's quickness and ball handling skills made the press a risky tactic all night.

TrueHoundsFan
Waterboy

Post by TrueHoundsFan »

I was proud to be a spectator in the stands last night! Greyhounds, you were phenomenal and you made all of us proud.
I would also like to thank all of the other supporters who were there from various other schools in Adams County. We had representatives from North Adams, West Union and Peebles. Hats off to you for being there. You are truly a class act and our Greyhounds appreciate you!

houndsfan3015
Riding the Bench

Post by houndsfan3015 »

awesome game manchester. i was there and it was the best game ive seen in a long time. congrats to the hounds and to dawson little for the big shot at the end!

GO HOUNDS!!!

lets get a win saturday and move on to regionals!

houndsfan3015
Riding the Bench

Post by houndsfan3015 »

was the manchesters student section loud?

Seosportsfan
Waterboy

Post by Seosportsfan »

Great Run Eastern Eagles. Fun to watch this season. Keep your heads up.

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

Just a little louder than Eastern's

houndsfan3015
Riding the Bench

Post by houndsfan3015 »

eastern didnt even have a student section did they? i never heard them

Baldeagle
Varsity

Post by Baldeagle »

I cant believe the OHSAA is gonna let a couple fo CHEATIN refs spoil our deep run in the tournament! WE WUZ ROBBED! That buzzer went off before the shot dropped.

DANG IT!

Cant wait till Baseball!

houndsfan3015
Riding the Bench

Post by houndsfan3015 »

baldeagle wrote:I cant believe the OHSAA is gonna let a couple fo CHEATIN refs spoil our deep run in the tournament! WE WUZ ROBBED! That buzzer went off before the shot dropped.

DANG IT!

Cant wait till Baseball!

okay? everytime our big men would go inside they would hammer us and wouldnt get a foul called so if ur gonna say that they were cheating, they were cheating for you guys. and obviously u dont know the rules cause the buzzer can go off before it goes in the rim just cant go off before it leaves his hands. so get ur facts right.

Binary
JV Team

Post by Binary »

baldeagle wrote:
houndsfan3015 wrote:okay? everytime our big men would go inside they would hammer us and wouldnt get a foul called so if ur gonna say that they were cheating, they were cheating for you guys. and obviously u dont know the rules cause the buzzer can go off before it goes in the rim just cant go off before it leaves his hands. so get ur facts right.

Yea but your bigs was a charging when they was in the paint and no calls by the stripped cheata's so thats why we lost. Howie was mad about the no charge call to.

Tsk, tsk, tsk, it just aint right when they wont call the charge. :lol:

BOO YAH
Freshman Team

Post by BOO YAH »

I sensed a little sarcasm baldeagle 3015, don't take it too serious.

Hats off to Eastern for an impressive season. I would like to see the Eastern fans come out Saturday and help back SHS. That would not be too much to ask now would it?

houndsfan3015
Riding the Bench

Post by houndsfan3015 »

Binary wrote:
baldeagle wrote:
houndsfan3015 wrote:okay? everytime our big men would go inside they would hammer us and wouldnt get a foul called so if ur gonna say that they were cheating, they were cheating for you guys. and obviously u dont know the rules cause the buzzer can go off before it goes in the rim just cant go off before it leaves his hands. so get ur facts right.

Yea but your bigs was a charging when they was in the paint and no calls by the stripped cheata's so thats why we lost. Howie was mad about the no charge call to.

Tsk, tsk, tsk, it just aint right when they wont call the charge. :lol:

your just a sore loser. face it. we were the better team on that night. and your defense didnt impress me none either and they didnt even get a hand in littles face for the game winning shot. pathetic.

jimmy chipwood
All Conference

Post by jimmy chipwood »

Eastern is a great D4 team but if they would have played in the SHL they would have probably had 5 or more losses. I dont think a lot of people realize that Manchester went 5-8 in SHL league play and will end up having a very good chance to go to the regionals.

Binary
JV Team

Post by Binary »

kid green wrote:
koondogger wrote:I tried to tell you fools the stomp is no good in the convo. Someone should of got word to Howdeeee about possibly using the scream down there. He will learn some day the ear drum scream is much more effective in the convo than the stomp. The floor is too soft for the stomp. Shatter an ear drum or two though and the charge will get called.

Just my thoughts guys! :mrgreen:

Yu just be mad cus yur kitty cats dint make da dance at da Convo dogger. Werent for dem "stripped cheata's" runnin round we still be alive. Dat wat da kid be sayin.

:aaaaa22

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

Cobweb
I am not sure how they would have called it. Personally, I like the way Coach played it, the kid made a great shot that was difficult. I guess I am just saying, calling it closer at that point sure would have got people stirred up, and may not have been fair.

Return to “Boys Basketball”