Congrats Waverly Tigers!

daWtownballa
Waterboy

Congrats Waverly Tigers!

Post by daWtownballa »

Give them what they deserve. Good group of kids cant wait to see some of them at the next level!!!!!

GO TIGERS

SickRick
Riding the Bench

Re: Congrats Waverly Tigers!

Post by SickRick »

Congrats Tigers

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

To the Waverly seniors (Derek Roback, Rheadon Remy, Kevin Malone, Sammy "J" Johnston) you guys are going to be missed very much next year. Each of you had huge roles on this team and it's been a pleasure watching you grow over the course of the season. Thanks for your leadership and a great, exciting season of basketball. You have been a part of resurrecting the Waverly Tiger basketball program. You guys were a part of something that hasn't been done since 2003 and that was win a sectional title.
To Harrison, Jake and Devin: You guys are going to be the ones everyone will be looking to, to lead this team next year. You guys will need to step up and be the experienced leaders. You guys have this year of expereince under your "belts" and it's a successful year. Work hard on your game this summer. Get in weight room and get stronger. Motivate and get the younger guys excited to work hard and get stronger.
To the rest of the team and younger guys, work your rear ends off this summer improving your game and don't take a day off. Live in the weight room to get bigger and stronger. Be a part of bringing Waverly Tiger basketball back to the top.

Harrison Martin needs about 19 points going into next season for 1,000. Does anyone have the schedule to know where the first game is?

crazymidgets
All Conference

Post by crazymidgets »

I want to say congrats on a fine season you guys played as a team.
District 14 awards came out today:
1st Team Harrison Martin
2nd Team Jake Kretzer
honerable mention Derek Roback
Congratulations
Some of the guys got left out but not by us;
Sam Johnston extremely talented point guard and this team would not have gotten this far without his determination and leadership.
Devin Kelly watched him mature and play his role and will be very important to this team next yr.
Rheadon Remy showed a lot of class by coming in and working hard it easily could have been a bad situation but team came before I with this young man.
Kevin Malone came in after taking a couple of yrs of basketball off and If I had a vote would be the defensive player of the yr in the soc2
The kids who didnt get much time came in and battled these boys every night in practice and made them a better team.
Coaches I appreciate the hard work you put into this, working with these young men now and in the future is a very admirable job, sometimes we as fans think we know more (myself included) which of course we dont, you guys are top notch and hope that you continue to push our kids to be better not only in basketball but in the game of life. Cant wait for next yr this has been a lot of fun. GO TIGERS

TheDarkKnight
Freshman Team

Post by TheDarkKnight »

Great seaon tigers.

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

Very good season tigers. Best of luck to the seniors.

PHS75
SEOPS HOF

Post by PHS75 »

Congrats. Looking forward to another great season next year.

Bandwagoner
Freshman Team

Post by Bandwagoner »

Congrats to the Tigers! Would've loved to have seen them make a deeper run, but we will be back at the Convo next year! What all do they have coming up? How is their line-up going to look for next year?

SickRick
Riding the Bench

Post by SickRick »

Tiger4 wrote:Congrats to the Tigers! Would've loved to have seen them make a deeper run, but we will be back at the Convo next year! What all do they have coming up? How is their line-up going to look for next year?

Depends on if they get another exchange student.

Bandwagoner
Freshman Team

Post by Bandwagoner »

hahaha, well at least they have gotten two excellent players, and even better kids. but what about jv & freshman? i know hensley, ward, & corchoran(however you spell that?) dressed varsity, so will they get time? what about others?

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

So much can happen between now and then. Kids have to put the work in, can't wait til this fall to start the work.

SickRick
Riding the Bench

Post by SickRick »

Tiger4 wrote:hahaha, well at least they have gotten two excellent players, and even better kids. but what about jv & freshman? i know hensley, ward, & corchoran(however you spell that?) dressed varsity, so will they get time? what about others?

UMMM well depending on a exchange student lol Ward should get the start and i look for Hensley and Corcoran to be in the rotation maybe they will be some what Role players towards the end of the season.

SickRick
Riding the Bench

Post by SickRick »

tigers2010onhuddle wrote:So much can happen between now and then. Kids have to put the work in, can't wait til this fall to start the work.

Yep so much more can happen before next season players can just come out of no where. Cant wait to see how all this plays out.

thundercat#1
Waterboy

Post by thundercat#1 »

Corcoran, Hensley, and Ward were all great players and hope to see them at the next level next year. But what about the Strictly varsity players that didn't get much time? I'd like to see Remy, Jake Hensley, Holt, and Leatherwood get into the rotation next year.

TheDarkKnight
Freshman Team

Post by TheDarkKnight »

^^^^^^^^^^ Only time will tell :122245 :122246

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Like I said, it all depends on what these kids do between now and then. They have to get bigger, stronger, faster, quicker, and improve their game. It doesn't happen by itself. I'm sure we'll see the best players possible on the floor. There may even be some kids not mentioned on here that will develop over the summer more than any of the before mentioned.

thundercat#1
Waterboy

Post by thundercat#1 »

tigers2010onhuddle wrote:Like I said, it all depends on what these kids do between now and then. They have to get bigger, stronger, faster, quicker, and improve their game. It doesn't happen by itself. I'm sure we'll see the best players possible on the floor. There may even be some kids not mentioned on here that will develop over the summer more than any of the before mentioned.

This is true, nice post. Hopefully the Tigers will have another good showing next year with a few new players.

wavefan
Waterboy

Post by wavefan »

thundercat#1 wrote:Corcoran, Hensley, and Ward were all great players and hope to see them at the next level next year. But what about the Strictly varsity players that didn't get much time? I'd like to see Remy, Jake Hensley, Holt, and Leatherwood get into the rotation next year.

I agree im pretty sure holt will get the start next year.He would of had it his sophmore year if he didnt hurt his knee in the off season. he might step up and be point guard with his outstanding dribbling and his shoot touch. he shoots the 3 like no other.Cant wait to see the tigers next year Holt is our savor we will be champs. GO TIGERS

the great todd!
Waterboy

Post by the great todd! »

i havent heard of the holt kid? isnt fergasun?(dont know how its spelled) in line for the PG spot? from the games ive seen...
C-martin
F-kretzer
F-ward
G-kelly
G-fergasun?
with the hensleys, davis, leatherwood coming off the bench...IMO..

hbk2016
Varsity

Post by hbk2016 »

I believe the post about Holt would be what is known as sarcasm.

Return to “Boys Basketball”