Who will survive Athens in Division 3 and head to Columbus?

Indian Fanatic
Riding the Bench

Re: Who will survive Athens in Division 3 and head to Columbus?

Post by Indian Fanatic »

Seaman had an awesome night for Peebles and although Justice was about 15 points shy of his average ppg, he was wearing two or three Valley defenders the whole game and still hit 3 three pointers, I don't remember him gettin many looks, I could be wrong, wouldn't be the first time. He turned his focus on getting the ball to others left unattended who scored in double digits ...Seaman (30 points, 5 3 ptrs, and 5 assists), Collier 18 pts, and Countryman with 12 points (2-3ptrs). I thought it was great team ball. Justice (9 pts, 3 3ptrs, 5 steals, 3 assists and team high 8 rebounds). McFarland can drop the 3s if left open. Stephens plays hard. Arey usually has big assists and is a big contributor to the aforementioned wicked passing they displayed on Monday night.

We need to utilize all of our weapons against a very physical Ironton ...weak side, schmeak side...if they double team Justice it opens up other opportunities...we gotta show up and all five players play hard on both ends...and a little prayer don't hurt either :)

Good Luck Indians, its going to be a battle!
Last edited by Indian Fanatic on Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

peeblesportsfan1391
Riding the Bench

Post by peeblesportsfan1391 »

Kickinurz wrote:Peebles will finally get tested Saturday night.

What a joke, like the teams Peebles has played already this year aren't any good. To name a few that are good:

Eastern Brown- Who will be playing Saturday in a District Finals matchup as well and who is my pick to beat a good Wheelersburg team who upset undefeated Oak Hill.

Zane Trace- who is not a bad team by any means, and will also be playing Saturday for a chance to make it to regionals

South Point- Who has played well against many tough teams around the District

Manchester- Who beat division 4 state ranked Reedsville Eastern last night

Just to name a few...lol

I would also like to note that Valley couldn't have been to bad of a team...seeing how the beat an extremely talented Portsmouth team

shljunkie
Varsity

Post by shljunkie »

Great post Indian Fanatic! Great post also peeblessportsfan1391....you said it very well.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Charge wrote:I still say Chesapeake is the best D3 team in southeastern Ohio.

They might be the most complete team but even if they make it to the Schott they will get PULVERIZED by Cin. Taft. The Senators beat a very good Ripley team 105-44 in their sectional final.

superfly
Waterboy

Post by superfly »

I have one thing to say to all the people that said the SHL league is weak what other league has 3 teams in the district final.

GO BIG RED let see the sea of red on Sat. Night

GO PEEBLES INDIANS

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

superfly wrote:
GO BIG RED let see the sea of red on Sat. Night

Would not worry about that, we will be out in force.

ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

As an Ironton fan I'm wanting Ironton.
If they can't get the job done then give me Chesapeake.
If they can't ge it done I'll hope for Wheelersburg.

ovc fan
Varsity

Post by ovc fan »

Itown...three chances aint bad...i'll go this way
Peake
Ironton
Then Wheelersburg.
Lol
I cant find anything on Garaway. Just wandering what their roster looks like. I heard about the big kid but thought he was 6'8. Not that i'm looking ahead, i'm just curious. Anybody know what kind of starting lineup they have? I've seen their results and they are LOW scoring games thats for sure.

TIGERS90
Varsity

Post by TIGERS90 »

Seeing that Ironton beat chesepeake already..I would give Ironton the nod..if Ironton gets past peebles..which is going to be a great game..

Lafon is a great coach and I see him getting the kids ready to play..The freshmen are getting better each and every week...and that is a huge part of this team...The carter kid just started getting good playing time at the end of the regular season and the big center from what I had seen just began starting in the first playoff game..

Our Freshman center really proved himself the other night...I felt that he couldn't have played a much better game..as far as Carter..he is now very experienced and is playing like a veteran..

With the team just starting to gel again since Wagginger leaving..I believe they will only keep getting better..they haven't peaked yet..as most other teams have..in my opinion..

Indian Fanatic
Riding the Bench

Post by Indian Fanatic »

TribeManiac10 wrote:

They might be the most complete team but even if they make it to the Schott they will get PULVERIZED by Cin. Taft. The Senators beat a very good Ripley team 105-44 in their sectional final.

That's crazy isn't it, everyone I've talked to that has watched Cin Taft play has said they will win the State hands down I guess they are phenomenal.

TIGERS90
Varsity

Post by TIGERS90 »

Never know..remember North College Hill a few years back..if Ironton sinks the free throws at the end..Ironton wins..Ironton was at least a 20 point underdog...going into the game..You never know til the fat lady sings...

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

TIGERS90 wrote:Never know..remember North College Hill a few years back..if Ironton sinks the free throws at the end..Ironton wins..Ironton was at least a 20 point underdog...going into the game..You never know til the fat lady sings...

True but I just dont see it happening. Taft is a team that you could look at and not spot any glaring downside to their play. The Senators are big, quick, have a suffucating press, go about 12 deep, and can shoot the lights out from downtown. Ripley is a very good basketball team, they beat Eastern Brown(playing in the district final), Clark Montessori, and nearly beat Peebles(playing in the district final); but Taft beat them by 61.

chillman
Waterboy

Post by chillman »

no doubt taft is good, but as good as north college hill? ,they had 2 guys now playing in the nba, a 6'11 center , who is playing college ball, i'm not sure, but i thought they had a couple more guys that still play at the college level. And that Ironton team was 26 and 0 and 2 of those guys are still playing college ball, i think the center went to small college also, and of course marcus williams played football for ohio state. I don't know if anybody in the southeast can beat taft, but i bet Ironton matches up , athletically better than anybody left, with taft.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Not even close.

From the teams that I have seen, Ironton, easily.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Regardless of what happens at the state tournament, whoever wins the Athens regional will make that special trip to the Final 4.......something that will be forever remembered by fans, players, and coaches of that team........and while Taft SHOULD WIN the state and is the PROHIBITIVE FAVORITE to do so, unusual things happen at the state........Portsmouth came into the 1978 state championship game vs. defending state champion Cleveland Latin as a 20 point underdog.......the Irish had dominant 6-6 post players Colin Irish and Karl Morris......Irish went on to play for Bowling Green.......the Trojans hung around with Latin for 31 minutes, and in the final minute made some clutch free throws to win 63-62.

Upsets do happen at the Final 4........I don't think Taft is quite as good as those North College Hill teams but I also think that no team left in SE D3 is as good as that 26-1 Ironton team of 2005.

newlex/sheridan
Varsity

Post by newlex/sheridan »

Taft will win it more then likely but they play a typical city style with the same mentality you see from Columbus city league teams. That being, if you play scared and let them jump on you early it will be like sharks in the water, they feed off of that fear. If you handle their pressure and keep it close for a half they will start to get frustrated and upset with one another and then you have a chance. Talent wise though, taft should win easily. oh yeah, I don't know if they are the best but I enjoy watching peebles and hope they get outta athens and play at the schott.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

newlex/sheridan wrote:Taft will win it more then likely but they play a typical city style with the same mentality you see from Columbus city league teams. That being, if you play scared and let them jump on you early it will be like sharks in the water, they feed off of that fear. If you handle their pressure and keep it close for a half they will start to get frustrated and upset with one another and then you have a chance. Talent wise though, taft should win easily. oh yeah, I don't know if they are the best but I enjoy watching peebles and hope they get outta athens and play at the schott.

Agreed

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

what happened to waggonger?

beleagle05
JV Team

Post by beleagle05 »

I gotta go with Garaway to come out of Athens...look for them to score about 75 points in 2 games and advance to the Schott

Return to “Boys Basketball”