Coaches District 14 list released

fhs_shl11
Freshman Team

Re: Coaches District 14 list released

Post by fhs_shl11 »

Do you people from Peebles have to turn everything to a seaman and justice topic...

cheer 'em on
Riding the Bench

Post by cheer 'em on »

fhs_shl11 wrote:Do you people from Peebles have to turn everything to a seaman and justice topic...
[quote="slug
Yes, they are very deserving, but as you said there are rules and those rules apply to everyone.
[/quote]

It's a Seaman / Justice topic "we Peebles people" are talking about b/c they should be first team, WITHOUT QUESTION! And if I'm not wrong, the topic is Coaches District 14 list released.

As far as joining a Coaches association, for cryin' out loud, why do you have to "become a member" of a group like this? If you are a Coach, aren't you already a member of it? It's political from the get-go. It's that simple.

And slug, I think you are appropriately named.

Congrats, by the way, to the SHL kids who made All District Div. IV. Great job! Thanks for representing our league so well.

slug
Freshman Team

Post by slug »

They didn't just come up with these rules this year to keep Peebles players off the team. Maybe you should get a job coaching and then go and try and change the rules or have you already tried this? Why do you have such a chip on your shoulder? And as for your name cheer'em on it should be gripe'em on, cause all you do is gripe and complain and try and pass it off like your cheering. :lol:

jeepmadness
JV Team

Post by jeepmadness »

WOW! Keep your hands in the vehicle at all times. The wild animals will bite.

Chained Eagle
Riding the Bench

Post by Chained Eagle »

Obviously some people here don't have a clue.

Why should any coach pay the dues to join then? Hell yeah, would just be another form of welfare. Always someone with a hand out somewhere.

These dues help go toward the purchase of awards for those selected for the all district teams. The state association awards several (12-15 scholarships) I think at $1000 a pop. Also several if not all of the district associations give scholoarships. That money has to come from somewhere. I guess we could increase the membership dues for those that do pay to join so we can cover for those who don't.

To me your arguement to not punish the kids for the neglect of an adult doesn't hold water. Tell that to the kids at Africentric who had to forfeit a state championship due to the oversight of an adult. A tough lesson learned.

Chained Eagle
Riding the Bench

Post by Chained Eagle »

Perhaps we could find donors to pay for those awards and support the scholarships.

slug
Freshman Team

Post by slug »

Chained Eagle wrote:Obviously some people here don't have a clue.

Why should any coach pay the dues to join then? Hell yeah, would just be another form of welfare. Always someone with a hand out somewhere.

These dues help go toward the purchase of awards for those selected for the all district teams. The state association awards several (12-15 scholarships) I think at $1000 a pop. Also several if not all of the district associations give scholoarships. That money has to come from somewhere. I guess we could increase the membership dues for those that do pay to join so we can cover for those who don't.

To me your arguement to not punish the kids for the neglect of an adult doesn't hold water. Tell that to the kids at Africentric who had to forfeit a state championship due to the oversight of an adult. A tough lesson learned.

THANK YOU!

numberonefan
Riding the Bench

Post by numberonefan »

I don't think it's the "rule" per say, that we are taking issue with. If it was decided that Peebles kids could be nominated, then things should have gone on according to agenda, decision made, case closed. For coaches to then sit there and not vote for kids that they know full well are very deserving of said honors.....that is something I guess they'll have to live with because to say you're for kids....couldn't be any further from the truth. Again, the AP poll tells the tale and honestly.....you really have to put an asterisk beside the whole list in my book.

numberonefan
Riding the Bench

Post by numberonefan »

Can I get a THANKYOU???

Indian Fanatic
Riding the Bench

Post by Indian Fanatic »

numberonefan wrote:I don't think it's the "rule" per say, that we are taking issue with. If it was decided that Peebles kids could be nominated, then things should have gone on according to agenda, decision made, case closed. For coaches to then sit there and not vote for kids that they know full well are very deserving of said honors.....that is something I guess they'll have to live with because to say you're for kids....couldn't be any further from the truth. Again, the AP poll tells the tale and honestly.....you really have to put an asterisk beside the whole list in my book.

Well said, rules are rules and it sucks for all teams that have been ousted due to paperwork not getting in on time, there really is no excuse. So the fact that they made an exception to include Peebles was really appreciated. I think what everyone is saying is that it just sucks for the kids who have worked so hard to be punished, just wish that if they were going to make the allowance to include Peebles that they would have voted fairly... I think anyone would feel that way about players on their team if they knew they were deserving. Saying that they are lucky to play at all doesn't make it easier to accept.

You are right #1, atleast the AP Poll recognizes...

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Indian Fanatic wrote:
numberonefan wrote:I don't think it's the "rule" per say, that we are taking issue with. If it was decided that Peebles kids could be nominated, then things should have gone on according to agenda, decision made, case closed. For coaches to then sit there and not vote for kids that they know full well are very deserving of said honors.....that is something I guess they'll have to live with because to say you're for kids....couldn't be any further from the truth. Again, the AP poll tells the tale and honestly.....you really have to put an asterisk beside the whole list in my book.

Well said, rules are rules and it sucks for all teams that have been ousted due to paperwork not getting in on time, there really is no excuse. So the fact that they made an exception to include Peebles was really appreciated. I think what everyone is saying is that it just sucks for the kids who have worked so hard to be punished, just wish that if they were going to make the allowance to include Peebles that they would have voted fairly... I think anyone would feel that way about players on their team if they knew they were deserving. Saying that they are lucky to play at all doesn't make it easier to accept.

You are right #1, atleast the AP Poll recognizes...

Does the AP name an All-State team? Blake could have been only the third Indian to be named to the All-State first team this year and Andrew would have probably been second team. This is a HUGE oversight and I would personally be furious if it happened to me. :aaaaa17 Hopefully they can make an AP list.

Chained Eagle
Riding the Bench

Post by Chained Eagle »

IMO the rules should not have been changed for anyone. If they are going to do that now then they should go back and make these allowances any other year this has happened.
Instead of calling out coaches from other schools who didn't vote for the Peebles kids you should be asking your own coaches/AD why this happened.

mattchristopher
Waterboy

Post by mattchristopher »

THANK YOU!!

Fan... you said what I wasn't saying, which is why I have kept my opinion to myself until now. Not sure of all the rules, but am sorry for two great players and lovers of the game. (sorry for the edit. I hit the enter button way too soon....)
numberonefan wrote:Can I get a THANKYOU???

slug
Freshman Team

Post by slug »

So...all the boys that got more votes than the Peebles kids were not worthy or deserving of the said honors??? I don't think so.

It is an honor to be named to this team as well as the AP team.

numberonefan
Riding the Bench

Post by numberonefan »

Not really trying to take anything away from anyone slug but it is what it is. Had coaches had the decency to vote what they knew was really right, yes, the names on the list would have been different. Just how it is.

slug
Freshman Team

Post by slug »

Decency?? Says who? A bunch of Peebles fans?

numberonefan
Riding the Bench

Post by numberonefan »

morals, values, ethics, honesty, doing what is right by kids, doing the right thing, putting kids before your own prejudices and politics, can it be put any plainer for you slug?

slug
Freshman Team

Post by slug »

Looks like Websters online dictionary comes in handy for you :lol:. If you only knew. :lol:

Indian Fanatic
Riding the Bench

Post by Indian Fanatic »

Perhaps if your child was the one getting the shaft you wouldn't be so cavalier about it....

slug
Freshman Team

Post by slug »

You're right Indian Fanatic I don't have a dog in the fight. And every year this selection is made and some agree (including myself ) with the vote and some don't. The only point I have been making from the start is that it could have been avoided.

Return to “Boys Basketball”