Waterboy

Re: Ironton vs. Peebles

Post by Chief Lefty »

TigerTownKid Great Post

tobiasunderwood
Waterboy

Post by tobiasunderwood »

TigerTownKid wrote:As I said in another thread, We need to get our fans out A LOT better than we did last night, because when I got to the Convo with about 3 minutes left in the Peeble's game, they had a HUGE crowd and were rocking it.
As for the game, this should be one heck of a game, I mean in my personal opinion the winner of this game will be coming out of the region and heading to Columbus. As for these people that said either team by double digits, that's absurd...This game will come down to the final few minutes, maybe even few possessions of the game.
If Ironton plays the game they're capable of, I'm going to say we win by 5+. But if we bring anything less than our A game, Peebles will get us.

Good Luck to both teams on what should be an amazing District Final!!

I am of the same opinion. This will be an immense confrontation between two first-rate squads. After viewing both lineups in such a diminutive time frame, I must acknowledge my incredulity that any of the less tested players will have any favorable impact on the outcome of this contest. I am certain that the veteran and seasoned squad members present the best opportunity for either participating club to secure a victory.

Best wishes to the Indians of Peebles. You have represented your town and our league wonderfully!

Fuzz Meister
Riding the Bench

Post by Fuzz Meister »

Who is the key players for Ironton?

Tigfan
Riding the Bench

Post by Tigfan »

This should be a great game to watch. The interesting question is how will these teams match up? Some teams just play better vs other teams. One thing I noticed about Peebles schedule is I think we will be the best team they have played. Also, it appears they live and die by the 3 ball so we better get a hand in their face. Go Tigers!

peeblesportsfan1391
Riding the Bench

Post by peeblesportsfan1391 »

Tigfan wrote:This should be a great game to watch. The interesting question is how will these teams match up? Some teams just play better vs other teams. One thing I noticed about Peebles schedule is I think we will be the best team they have played. Also, it appears they live and die by the 3 ball so we better get a hand in their face. Go Tigers!

If they press Peebles like I think they will...the 3 ball will not play as big as factor as what you think. After watching Ironton's press against Nelsonville-York last night i wasn't very impressed with it...the Indians will more than likely be shooting lay-ups all night against that press. The key for peebles is being able to sit down and play defense...if the Indians have a good defensive night like i think they will they could win by 15 or so...but im gonna go on the safe side and and say Peebles by 9.

iwearblacknikes
S

Post by iwearblacknikes »

Good luck to both teams. I'll take Ironton by 3

TheDarkKnight
Freshman Team

Post by TheDarkKnight »

Ironton by 8.

datchillicav
JV Team

Post by datchillicav »

I'll take Ironton by 10 to 15.

ty.stephens
Freshman Team

Post by ty.stephens »

Peebles by 35

dimedrop4
All State

Post by dimedrop4 »

Peebles by <10

Fuzz Meister
Riding the Bench

Post by Fuzz Meister »

PHSfan14 wrote:Peebles by 35

I'm a Peebles fan but 35 sounds ridiculous. Unless Kockendorfer (or however you spell it) gets hurt. Which I doubt happens. So he will keep the game close or at least closer than that.

indianmaniac
Riding the Bench

Post by indianmaniac »

PHSfan14 wrote:Peebles by 35

I like this :aaaaa59

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

I was VERY impressed with the Peebles crowd, especially for a Monday night...it's going to be at least 50% bigger Saturday.

ty.stephens
Freshman Team

Post by ty.stephens »

lol.just tryin to get some people fired up...on a more serious note, if Peebles plays the way they did the other night than Indians by 7, if not were in trouble big time.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

I think Peebles will be able to beat Irontons press and get the slight win. We will need good contributions from everyone though.

Indian Fanatic
Riding the Bench

Post by Indian Fanatic »

Just want the Indians to show up and play hard all four quarters like they did last night...that's all we can ask...I have no other expectations...NO predictions...too hard to call!

Maybe if we win this game Peebles can earn some respect from other conferences, kinda feel like Rodney Dangerfield that we "get no respect." LOL So we'll have to get out there and earn it!!!

Go Indians!!

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Indian Fanatic wrote:Just want the Indians to show up and play hard all four quarters like they did last night...that's all we can ask...I have no other expectations...NO predictions...too hard to call!

Maybe if we win this game Peebles can earn some respect from other conferences, kinda feel like Rodney Dangerfield that we "get no respect." LOL So we'll have to get out there and earn it!!!

Go Indians!!

The SHL is the most well represented conference in the District finals this season in D-3.
SHL: 2 teams(Peebles, Eastern Brown)
OVC: 1 team(Chesapeake)
SOC: 1 team(Wheelersburg)
SEOAL: 1 team(Ironton)
SVC: 1 team(Zane Trace)

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Are the Peebles faithful going to have that GIGANTIC Peebles banner going from tree top to across the road and attached to the rock cutout going up the Pike/Adams Co hill on 32? I was on my way home Monday listening to the game, just after half and was almost startled by a large sign over top of the highway...as it was getting dark. lol

Pretty cool......probably not legal...or easy to hang!

Good Luck Peebles......IMO Ironton is the team to beat and will make the Final 4.......but they have some young players playing large roles and that could be a factor. If Peebles can play great like the other night and like many times this season...they have a good shot.....if not they better hope Ironton is off on their shooting. Ironton will be VERY physical!

Star freshman watch.....there will be 3 playing BIG roles in this game.......Fletcher's size and speed could be a deciding factor.

This was a nice matchup 2 years ago in the semis until midway through the 3rd and Ironton pulled away a bit.....but justice and Seaman kept Peebles very good and ahead for a big portion of the game.......both teams are different now of course.

Good Luck to both teams....I'll definately be pulling for the winner the rest of the way.

Indian Fanatic
Riding the Bench

Post by Indian Fanatic »

Yeah I know tribe so proud of the SHL

youthsportsfan
JV Team

Post by youthsportsfan »

Fuzz Meister wrote:Who is the key players for Ironton?

key player is #22 very good shooter and takes it to the hole well.
#10 is a good shooter too.
#21 is a good hustle player picking up alot of loose balls and buckets.

however in my opinion for ironton to win their 2 9th graders will have to step up and score
I know that Ironton has other players that can score but 30 and 44 needs 20+ combined for them to win

thats alot to ask for 2 9th graders but they have the talent.

im curious how much Irontons pressure will bother Peebles, im guessing not much but they are quick. should be a very good game,, im guessing the winner will be less than 5

Return to “Boys Basketball”