SEOPS Hippo

Re: Ironton vs. Peebles

Post by Ironman92 »

#10 is lightning fast with the ball...careful with the pressure

jordan23
Riding the Bench

Post by jordan23 »

This should be an amazing game.. From what i saw the other night watching both teams, peebles has the edge... BUT ironton did not look like it was playing its best.. there press was giving up lay ups. and to many open shots. ironton was also taking a lot of quick shots.
I look for peebles to take it to there press early and try to get some easy lay ups.. I believe for peebles to win against Ironton Blake hasta score more but play the same type of game as he did monday.. Andrew usually plays good at the convo, but u cant expect that outa him everynight. As for Andy Nate Tyler Eric they will all havtea help there team out, and i look for Collier to come out fired up as he was monday

If Ironton comes away with the win, they will prolly make the final four..
Im gonna take peebles by 3

Good luck to both teams

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

youthsportsfan wrote:
Fuzz Meister wrote:Who is the key players for Ironton?

key player is #22 very good shooter and takes it to the hole well.
#10 is a good shooter too.
#21 is a good hustle player picking up alot of loose balls and buckets.

however in my opinion for ironton to win their 2 9th graders will have to step up and score
I know that Ironton has other players that can score but 30 and 44 needs 20+ combined for them to win

thats alot to ask for 2 9th graders but they have the talent.

im curious how much Irontons pressure will bother Peebles, im guessing not much but they are quick. should be a very good game,, im guessing the winner will be less than 5

They had a combined 27 against Nelsonville-York
#30 Carter.....15
#44 Fletcher...12.......11 Rebounds

warrior 89
Freshman Team

Post by warrior 89 »

Peebles by 7.

warrior 89
Freshman Team

Post by warrior 89 »

jchitwood wrote:I was VERY impressed with the Peebles crowd, especially for a Monday night...it's going to be at least 50% bigger Saturday.

I agree, big crowd/lots of support. I believe if anyone outside of the S.H.L. wants a seat for Saturday they might want to camp out Friday night!!!

squiggy
Freshman Team

Post by squiggy »

peebles by 3, goodluck indians

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

TribeManiac10 wrote:
Indian Fanatic wrote:Just want the Indians to show up and play hard all four quarters like they did last night...that's all we can ask...I have no other expectations...NO predictions...too hard to call!

Maybe if we win this game Peebles can earn some respect from other conferences, kinda feel like Rodney Dangerfield that we "get no respect." LOL So we'll have to get out there and earn it!!!

Go Indians!!

The SHL is the most well represented conference in the District finals this season in D-3.
SHL: 2 teams(Peebles, Eastern Brown)
OVC: 1 team(Chesapeake)
SOC: 1 team(Wheelersburg)
SEOAL: 1 team(Ironton)
SVC: 1 team(Zane Trace)

Kind of misleading, since the SEOAL only has two D3 teams in the conference. Warren, D2 is also still alive in the district finals. So the SEOAL has 2 teams remaining.

Go Fighting Tigers! Play hard nosed defense and play all out!

N372
Waterboy

Post by N372 »

Congrats Peebles on your Dist. semi final win. Its with great pleasure to sit in the stands and be a part of your success this season. I'm not making any predictions on game. I think both teams are great ballclubs, (they wouldn't be here if they weren't). Of course I hope our team(Peebles) wins, but, "IF" we lose, as long as they play like they did Mon. night, I will be proud of them. I think if Peebles plays as they did Mon. night it will take one heck of a team to beat them, if that happens, shake their hands, and best of luck to them. Should be a great game, and whoever wins, should go pretty far in tourney. I would like to wish both teams best of luck.(ESP.PEEBLES)lol.

Indian Fanatic
Riding the Bench

Post by Indian Fanatic »

Manchester is in the SHL, a D4 school advancing to the District Finals...they've beat both state ranked Ironton and Peebles so I wouldn't take too much away from the SHL...three teams moving on from little podunk towns that are a blip on the map...

Interesting factoids:

Peebles pop. 1828
Eastern (Sardinia) pop. 828
Manchester pop. 2043
Ironton pop.11,211
Wheelersburg pop. 6,254
Zane Trace (Chillicothe area 22,296 for their zip code)
Chesapeake pop. 842

(www.city-data.com)

Go SHL!!!

pembrook burrows III
JV Team

Post by pembrook burrows III »

This should be quite a capper to a long day of exciting basketball at the Convo. With 1 girls and 4 boys games scheduled, SE Ohio basketball junkies will experience that nirvana state reserved for only a couple of days per year. Watching the contrasting emotions of the winning and losing fans is show enough for me.

I like this Ironton team, I have all year, as they have displayed a special grit and character that other recent Tiger editions never seemed to find. That being said, the Tigers will have a tall mountain to climb Saturday. Not only will they be facing a number 1 seed in Peebles, but also the team with the best record and most wins in all of Division 3 in SE Ohio. Peebles has rolled through all of its tourney tests to date, comes from a league (SHL) that can boast the best performance of any to date in the southeast district, and will undoubtedly have the biggest and loudest group of supprters on hand to cheer them on. The Indians do not have to rely on freshmen to make major contributions in order for them to win, and that is always a more reassuring alternative at this time of the year. And the last time the Tigers faced an SHL team in the district finals (that would be North Adams), Ironton went home with a disappointing loss after the Green Devils hoisted an alarming 53 free throws. So this excellent bunch from Peebles has to like its chances.

That being said, Peebles will not take this game without a struggle. I trust that Coach Lafon will have his guys ready. Ironton will play extremely hard on both ends for the whole game, will push the ball up the floor with a vengeance, and will use its bench to try to keep legs fresh. If Peebles is still plucky and sharp by the middle of the third quarter, that will not bode well for the Tigers. Likewise, foul trouble could derail Ironton as in the past. But I am hoping that this is our year in Tigertown, and that we survive and advance to play yet another game next week!

tobiasunderwood
Waterboy

Post by tobiasunderwood »

pembrook burrows III,

Your mastery of the written word does a polyglot proud! I am moved with your skilled verbage and look forward to your subsequent scripts. I am inspired once again and have decided to be present at this challenge as I am considered necessary to enlighten others on basketball instructing prowess in the Southern Hills League.

Perhaps you might have an informed opinion on this matter and would not mind weighing in. The aforementioned topic can be found under the caption "Best Coach in the Southern Hills League". Erudition is the key and I for one hope that you will join me on this outing of enlightenment.

Earnestly,

Tobiasunderwood

pembrook burrows III
JV Team

Post by pembrook burrows III »

Thanks, T-wood. I've been told that I write well. If it is so, I credit the very fine Ironton City School system for that. :122249

gohounds#24
Waterboy

Post by gohounds#24 »

Peebles by 5 i think they really woke up and played after manchester beat them

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

Peebles wont even have a problem in this one

peeblesportsfan1391
Riding the Bench

Post by peeblesportsfan1391 »

jordan23 wrote:This should be an amazing game.. From what i saw the other night watching both teams, peebles has the edge... BUT ironton did not look like it was playing its best.. there press was giving up lay ups. and to many open shots. ironton was also taking a lot of quick shots.
I look for peebles to take it to there press early and try to get some easy lay ups.. I believe for peebles to win against Ironton Blake hasta score more but play the same type of game as he did monday.. Andrew usually plays good at the convo, but u cant expect that outa him everynight. As for Andy Nate Tyler Eric they will all havtea help there team out, and i look for Collier to come out fired up as he was monday

If Ironton comes away with the win, they will prolly make the final four..
Im gonna take peebles by 3

Good luck to both teams

Don't forget Arey either, he didn't have his best game Monday night, but don't be surprised if he shows up and plays Big Saturday night,now that he has some more experience playing at the Convo.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Ironton big

TrueHoundsFan
Waterboy

Post by TrueHoundsFan »

Good luck, Indians! We Greyhounds will be there to support you!!!

jordan23
Riding the Bench

Post by jordan23 »

The Arey kid is good, but with the pressure ironton puts on him he will most likely struggle..
very good kid and will make a good player just not sure about this game..

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Swanker Pine wrote:Ironton big

Tigers better be ready to back up your bold claims :aaaaa92

Amen Corner
Varsity

Post by Amen Corner »

TribeManiac10 wrote:
Swanker Pine wrote:Ironton big

Tigers better be ready to back up your bold claims :aaaaa92

He's not from Ironton...He's from South Webster....

Return to “Boys Basketball”