Ironton 69 Peebles 68 in 2OT

numberonefan
Riding the Bench

Re: Ironton 69 Peebles 68 in 2OT

Post by numberonefan »

Peebles seemed to only want to play 5 players and that hurt them.

Indian Fanatic
Riding the Bench

Post by Indian Fanatic »

All I can say is WOW...what a game! I knew it would be too close to call. Both teams played hard and never gave up. The clutch 3 point shot that Andrew Seaman hit to go into the first OT rocked the convo and for me was just as impressive as the one that Malcolm hit to win the game, the only difference was the numbers on the score board that sadly weren't to tie it up for a 3rd OT but for the win and that is all that matters in the end. It was so surreal that I just kind of stopped, it was over in a flash...they fought hard and I was proud of them. Just has he made it he also could have missed it and people would be saying the same thing, both of these teams gave us the best game of the tournament to watch and both were very deserving.

It was definitely a heartbreaker for the Peebles players and fans alike. I'm just so proud of the class our boys showed both on and off the court. They represented the Peebles Community well.

Congrats on an impressive season!

Indian man
Riding the Bench

Post by Indian man »

Slug,, I for one am an Indian fan that dont think the refs cost us the game. the refs made bad calls both ways and missed calls both ways. Their is a lot if [ IFS ] in this game ... nothing to be ashamed of though great season ...I am proud to be an Indian

Indian Fanatic
Riding the Bench

Post by Indian Fanatic »

I also wanted to say that it did not go unnoticed that there were many Manchester, Eastern and North Adams fans supporting the Indians and I really appreciated that. Good luck to the SHL the rest of the way!

indianmaniac
Riding the Bench

Post by indianmaniac »

slug wrote:Do all the fans at Peebles really believe that the officials cost them this game?
numberonefan wrote:Peebles seemed to only want to play 5 players and that hurt them.

I agree numberonefan Peebles had to much experience being wasted on the bench. There are always going to be a few bad calls.

TrueHoundsFan
Waterboy

Post by TrueHoundsFan »

Although my "heart" is with the Greyhounds, my spouse and I stayed for both the Eastern and Peebles games on Saturday and were very impressed with both. When it comes to tournament play, and we still have SHL teams in it, we become your biggest fans, too.
To the Indians, I would like to congratulate you on an outstanding season! Your game Saturday night was unbelievable, truly what tournament play is all about. I was proud to be in the stands for your final game of the season.

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

i don't if i am allowed to ask this but here goes; who were the refs?

60ft.6in.
Freshman Team

Post by 60ft.6in. »

shljunkie wrote:I think 60ft, 6inches that since this is a forum and the topic is the game....we can post/comment/discuss/hash till we're blue in the face....whatever we really want to? Thanks though. Kind of funny how you continued to go on and on about your thoughts over the last 2 posts but want the rest of us to shut up about it?

Uh, I said that if your going to talk about it, bring up a new point...I read 4 pages of the same crap...Sure I wen't on about it but it was things that hadn't been talked about..

mhs95_06
S

Post by mhs95_06 »

Stats on the game from the Ironton Tribune:

Ironton 16 9 19 14 1 10 = 69
Peebles 11 11 19 17 1 9 = 68

IRONTON (19-3): Malcolm Morton 2 2 1-2 11, Travis Elliot 7 0 4-5 18, Tim Kochendoerfer 4 1 4-6 15, Erin Edens 0 0 0-0 0, Trey Fletcher 5 0 1-1 11, Zac Carter 0 1 2-2 5, J.P. Taylor 2 1 2-4 9, Josh Murphy 0 0 0-0 0.Totals: 25-68 14-20 69. 3-point goals: 5-15. Fouls: 13. Fouled out: None. Rebounds: 22 offense, 29 defense = 51 (Fletcher 10, Elliott 9, Edens 9). Team rebounds: 5. Assists: 7 (Taylor 3, Morton 2). Steals: 13 (Taylor 4, Carter 4, Elliott 3). Blocked shots: 6 (Fletcher 2).

PEEBLES (21-1): Nathan Stephens 0 0 0-0 0, Blake Justice 5 2 7-8 23, Eric Collier 6 0 0-0 12, Andy Countrymen 1 2 3-5 11, Andrew Seaman 4 4 0-0 20, Tyler McFarland 0 0 0-0 0, Trent Arey 1 0 0-0 2. Totals: 26-64 10-13 68. 3-point goals: 7-26. Fouls: 15. Fouled out: None. Rebounds: 10 offense, 23 defense = 33 (Seaman 11, Countryman 5, Collier 4). Team rebounds: 4. Assists: 7 (Justice 2, Seaman 2). Steals: 11 (Justice 4, Seaman 3, Arey 2). Blocked shots: 3 (Seaman 2, Collier 1).

Peebles shot a little better % on FT(76% to 70%) and FG(41% to 36%), but Ironton shot a little better on treys(33% to 27%). To me the standout stat of the game is that Ironton got a whopping 49% of the rebounds at their own offensive end, while Peebles could only muster 26% of the rebounds at their own offensive end!

In watching this game, as well as in the Ironton girls game earlier in the day, it seemed the Ironton offense was designed such that when a shot went up, Ironton players were in excellent position to get offensive rebounds for put-back baskets. A lot has been said of the refs not calling "over-the back" fouls on Ironton. Merely being over the back does not constitute a foul, unless displacement of the body of the opposing player is caused. It seems to be the consensus opinion that the refs were "letting them play" inside. To me the most unfair part of the "let them play" mode was the allowing of the heavy contact on the inside shooter, especially on put-back attempts. This much more so than any unfairness on any "over-the back" calls that the refs didn't make, which I thought wasn't very much anyway. If they were letting the heavy contact go on inside shooters, you would figure that over-the-back with true displacement foul calls would be even more rare anyway.

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

60ft.6in. wrote:Well...I feel that Ironton just out hustled Peebles, they played with a little more heart. ..

I absolutely could not disagree with you more.

Leo Byrd
SEO

Post by Leo Byrd »

jchitwood wrote:
60ft.6in. wrote:Well...I feel that Ironton just out hustled Peebles, they played with a little more heart. ..

I absolutely could not disagree with you more.

we think alike chitwood...........Peebles played like a team on a mission as did the Tigers..........just too bad only one winner could come out of this contest..........no one out hustled the other, they both played their best game.......... :!:

datchillicav
JV Team

Post by datchillicav »

buckeyewoman wrote:I was appalled by the fact that after the game the Ironton student section was chanting and pointing winners to the Tigers and losers to the Indians. I thought this showed no class or respect from the Ironton student section. In fact, one of the gentleman who was getting ready to hand out the awards turned around and gave the cheering section the "cut it out" sign. Honestly, there were two very talented teams on the floor. In double overtime and a win by one, I don't think that there were any LOSERS in that game.

Whats wrong with that? If you do your homework you would realize that that is a pretty popular chant. lol. "Famous" is not the right word but it is a chant made "famous" by Ohio University's student section which is where the game was at. Kind of Ironic I think. They were in fact the winners and the other team was in fact the losers so...

60ft.6in.
Freshman Team

Post by 60ft.6in. »

I didn't say Peebles didn't want it....Hell there is no doubt they wanted it....It just seemed like Ironton was a the scrappier team with that extra umph....therefore they came out on top...

cheer 'em on
Riding the Bench

Post by cheer 'em on »

slug wrote:Do all the fans at Peebles really believe that the officials cost them this game?

Weellllll, slug, see you finally came back. Haven't heard much from you since the Jeeps dropped out. Now to your ? I don't know that any Peebles fan really believes that officials cost them this game. Did the refs make bad calls? Without question. But they were pretty fair about that for both sides. Of course, the timeout call when no one had possession and the double foul will always be questioned. Sorry you feel that's "believing the officials cost them the game". You always have read more into a post than what was written.

sparky wrote:i don't if i am allowed to ask this but here goes; who were the refs?

Ryan Dotson was, I believe, the lead referee, David Dugan (how in the world he gets District final games I have no idea!) and some skinny, balding guy whose name escapes me.

cheer 'em on
Riding the Bench

Post by cheer 'em on »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Seaman held Kochendoerfer to 15. He had 30 tonight. ?????

freethrow25
Riding the Bench

Post by freethrow25 »

cheer 'em on wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Seaman held Kochendoerfer to 15. He had 30 tonight. ?????

To bad Seaman didn't hold him to 13!!

slug
Freshman Team

Post by slug »

numberonefan wrote:I think the poor calls went both ways. Several traveling calls were not made that should have been against Ironton. And how about giving Ironton a timeout when they didn't have possession....the ball is laying loose on the floor? And I don't think the fighting tigers were the only ones getting hammered....they were doing their fair share of clawing.....our guys were getting taken to the floor as well with no call. I happen to think had the officiating been better it would definately have meant Peebles won the ballgame.
cheer 'em on wrote:

Weellllll, slug, see you finally came back. Haven't heard much from you since the Jeeps dropped out. Now to your ? I don't know that any Peebles fan really believes that officials cost them this game. Did the refs make bad calls? Without question. But they were pretty fair about that for both sides. Of course, the timeout call when no one had possession and the double foul will always be questioned. Sorry you feel that's "believing
the officials cost them the game". You always have read more into a post than what was written.

It's apparent you didn't read all the posts in this thread or you would have wondered the same thing I did. Glad you missed me I was wondering where all the Peebles fans were too. Oh wait! there on here complaining about the refs. LOL

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

slug wrote:
numberonefan wrote:I think the poor calls went both ways. Several traveling calls were not made that should have been against Ironton. And how about giving Ironton a timeout when they didn't have possession....the ball is laying loose on the floor? And I don't think the fighting tigers were the only ones getting hammered....they were doing their fair share of clawing.....our guys were getting taken to the floor as well with no call. I happen to think had the officiating been better it would definately have meant Peebles won the ballgame.
cheer 'em on wrote:

Weellllll, slug, see you finally came back. Haven't heard much from you since the Jeeps dropped out. Now to your ? I don't know that any Peebles fan really believes that officials cost them this game. Did the refs make bad calls? Without question. But they were pretty fair about that for both sides. Of course, the timeout call when no one had possession and the double foul will always be questioned. Sorry you feel that's "believing
the officials cost them the game". You always have read more into a post than what was written.

It's apparent you didn't read all the posts in this thread or you would have wondered the same thing I did. Glad you missed me I was wondering where all the Peebles fans were too. Oh wait! there on here complaining about the refs. LOL

Move on.

cheer 'em on
Riding the Bench

Post by cheer 'em on »

Or that someone else didn't score 2 more points, maybe.

slug
Freshman Team

Post by slug »

cheer 'em on wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Seaman held Kochendoerfer to 15. He had 30 tonight. ?????

Surely you don't want to go there. Seamans a very good ball player and his game speaks for itself. You don't need to build him up by cutting by cutting on E.B.

Return to “Boys Basketball”