Freshman playing at the Convo

TIGERS90
Varsity

Re: Freshman playing at the Convo

Post by TIGERS90 »

It would be nice to see this bunch some how use their hard work to pull off the State championship this season..then take it the next three with all the talent they have coming back...add in Wagginger next season..and these freshmen...wow...what a team..plus add in Deon...

fhs23
Waterboy

Post by fhs23 »

what does JMO mean ?

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

fhs23 wrote:what does JMO mean ?

Just My Opinion :)

PHS09
Waterboy

Post by PHS09 »

JMO....Trent Arey will be a force to be reckoned with. He's a Freshman, playing the team role the coaches asked of him. You haven't begun to see his talents ...yet. But mark this post it in your black book. As far as speculation for next year.... alot can happen over the next 7 months. The boys that dedicate themselves with off-season preparation will be the ones who become front -runners for the open positions.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

PHS09 wrote:JMO....Trent Arey will be a force to be reckoned with. He's a Freshman, playing the team role the coaches asked of him. You haven't begun to see his talents ...yet. But mark this post it in your black book. As far as speculation for next year.... alot can happen over the next 7 months. The boys that dedicate themselves with off-season preparation will be the ones who become front -runners for the open positions.

He looked pretty quick to me last night, didn't mind penetratiing the lane for shots and brought the ball up the floor most of the time. I like the little quick guards in high school that are fearless. I don't have the stats but he had a few rebounds last night also. He's already a good player and will get better. Question is though: Is there enough help on the way to play with him to keep Peebles in the running for league, sectional or district championships in the next 3 years. He will get individual accolades without a doubt but how will the team perform ?

PHS09
Waterboy

Post by PHS09 »

FANOSPORTS wrote:
PHS09 wrote:JMO....Trent Arey will be a force to be reckoned with. He's a Freshman, playing the team role the coaches asked of him. You haven't begun to see his talents ...yet. But mark this post it in your black book. As far as speculation for next year.... alot can happen over the next 7 months. The boys that dedicate themselves with off-season preparation will be the ones who become front -runners for the open positions.

He looked pretty quick to me last night, didn't mind penetratiing the lane for shots and brought the ball up the floor most of the time. I like the little quick guards in high school that are fearless. I don't have the stats but he had a few rebounds last night also. He's already a good player and will get better. Question is though: Is there enough help on the way to play with him to keep Peebles in the running for league, sectional or district championships in the next 3 years. He will get individual accolades without a doubt but how will the team perform ?

The team will do well. The JV was 14-3 without him most of the year, and the Freshman only lost 3... Once to Unioto, and the other 2 were without their top 4 Freshman most of the game (Arey, McAdow, Chandler, and Mason Johnson). Its hard to predict just how good this team will really be because of factors like injury, how much dedication in the off-season, how much more they will grow physically, etc. Plus look further down and you have some young studs in the 7th grade (which includes another Justice). Before all is said and done, Trent will be the only Freshman to have played varsity with bookend Justices....lol. And don't forget the transfer rumor. While at present it is just a rumor...if he (no names mentioned --but his last name rhymes with Betty ), comes back you can go ahead and reserve your seating to next year's district finals now...lol.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Sounds like a good enough team to make a tourney run next year also, good luck !!!!!

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Here's Ironton's Carter and Fletchers Stats after 2 games at the Convo vs Nelsonville-York and Peebles:

Carter - 20 Points - 6 Steals
Fletcher - 23 Points - 21 Rebounds - 3 Blocked shots (2 Double Doubles).

Regionalchamps2011
Waterboy

Post by Regionalchamps2011 »

hate to break up the theme of the thread, but manchester has some great sophmores that get significant playing time in #12 travis combs ( back to back 20pt games to start the tournament ) and #14 dylan ricketts ( who will be one of the better true pg's in the district ) i think he had 9 pts and 6 assists off the bench in the win over southern the other night.....sry to be off topic, but i thought they deserved mentioned..............and they will be playing with our district POY blake blevins next yr

Rodeo1
Varsity

Post by Rodeo1 »

Justice,Countryman,Mcfarland,Chamblin,Harper,Daniels,Arey,Johnson,McAdow,Crothers,Chandler,Porter,Rayburn and all the other good freshmen,sophmores,and juniors who played this year.Keep on playing and building that "BASKETBALL IQ" and the sky is the limit.With competition comes strength. Perhaps with a name that rhymes with "Betty" possibly moving back things could really look up. I think the Indians are in good shape for a number of years to come.I can see a number of trips to the Convo on the horizon. GO! Indians.You as a" team" Elementary Through High School have made us all proud.May the tradition continue.

shljunkie
Varsity

Post by shljunkie »

Hate to burst any bubbles but there aren't going to be any players whose names rhyme with Betty or anything else either probably transferring to Peebles.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Here's Ironton's Freshmen Players Stats after 3 games at the Convo vs Nelsonville-York, Peebles and Eastern Brown:

Carter - 31 Points - 8 Steals
Fletcher - 25 Points - 35 Rebounds - 4 Blocked shots (2 Double Doubles)
Culbertson - 8 Points - 6 Rebounds (2 Games)

ovc fan
Varsity

Post by ovc fan »

What is sad is some of these teams have to use freshman......

gotigers
Freshman Team

Post by gotigers »

ovc fan wrote:What is sad is some of these teams have to use freshman......

What is sad is that Ironton's freshmen have used all these teams!

GO TIGERS!!!

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

shljunkie wrote:Hate to burst any bubbles but there aren't going to be any players whose names rhyme with Betty or anything else either probably transferring to Peebles.

It dosent hurt to dream. :122245 We could always use a 6'8" hometown kid that can post up the best of them and shoot the lights out from downtown.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Here's Ironton's Freshmen Players Stats after 4 games at the Convo vs Nelsonville-York, Peebles, Eastern Brown and Chesapeake:

Carter - 41 Points - 10 Steals
Fletcher - 37 Points - 43 Rebounds - 4 Blocked shots (2 Double Doubles)
Culbertson - 8 Points - 6 Rebounds (2 Games)

fhs_shl11
Freshman Team

Post by fhs_shl11 »

Who rhymes with Betty!!!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Setty

Thegoat
Waterboy

Post by Thegoat »

Wow seems to me u named all the players for Peebles
that r coming up, shame Leedy was forgotten, guess it's easy
to forget a 6'4" player.

etta09
Freshman Team

Post by etta09 »

Pol Pot wrote:Without a doubt the best freshman to play at the Convo this year is D.J. Cooper.

I agree

Return to “Boys Basketball”