Regional semifinal 3/18 8 p.m.: Logan Elm vs. DeSales

bman
SEO

Regional semifinal 3/18 8 p.m.: Logan Elm vs. DeSales

Post by bman »

Logan Elm will need its best effort of the season to counter a very good DeSales team. We'll see if the magic can continue.

Dundas
SEOPS

Re: Regional semifinal 3/18 8 p.m.: Logan Elm vs. DeSales

Post by Dundas »

Anyone have any info on DeSales?

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

I've watched DeSales once this season. Physical team with some quickness. Player to watch is Nick Kellogg, who will be playing at his future college home. Adam Griffin, son of Archie, will also contribute.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

What is their record coming into the game and what league do they play in?

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

21-2 I think. They play in the tough Central Catholic League with Watterson and Ready, both are also in the regional tournament.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Sounds like its gonna be a tough on for the Braves...Good Luck LE!!!!

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

didn't logan elm make it to the final four last year? it had to be tough last year as well. they now have the experience and that will help.

dimedrop4
All State

Post by dimedrop4 »

Good luck Logan Elm!

TheDarkKnight
Freshman Team

Post by TheDarkKnight »

I'll take desales by 6.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Sparky..They did graduate a couple of their leading scorers last year as well. They do have more tournament experiance than most teams...and i hope they get back to Columbus.

SickRick
Riding the Bench

Post by SickRick »

I say Desales by 10

carbon_dated
All State

Post by carbon_dated »

I would lean to DeSales in the neighborhood of 14+, but I'm pullin' for Logan Elm.

pbuck
All State

Post by pbuck »

I'll take LE I feel their willingness to look for a great shot on every possesion & their tough d will prove to much for DeSales but it'll be close

LoganElm_grad09
Varsity

Post by LoganElm_grad09 »

I got to see Desales beat Wilmington in double overtime (great game) up at the Schott earlier this season. Desales had good speed and good size and will be arguably Logan Elm's best opponent this season. However, LE was able to hang with Westerville South for most of the game until fatigue set in on them. IMO, this is a winnable game for LE. To do so, they will need to play one of their best games thus far. Keys to the game-

1)Turnovers- Logan Elm cannot afford 17 turnovers. Play smart basketball, don't get fancy and you limit turnovers. Also need to get some turnovers from the defensive pressure.

2)Rebounds- Crash the boards. Second chance points will be crucial for LE. Rebounds and turnovers will be the the biggest factor in the game because if you limit the number of possessions Desales gets, your chances of winning go up tremendously.

3)Fouls- If LE attacks Desales and gets them into foul trouble, they will have a great shot at winning because either their starters are on the bench or they can't take as many chances as usual because they have fouls.

4)Shot selection- I said it last week and I'll say it again; LE needs to have a good shot selection. Great defense will not be enough to carry the Braves into the Elite 8.

These are pretty much a given for any basketball game, but it's not exactly rocket science lol. Again, LE's toughest opponent but still with the right game they can win.

GO BRAVES!

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

I would like to see LE win but have to go with the Stallions of DeSales by 7. They have to much athleticism and depth. Mr. Blake will have to do a lot out front and I believe he doesn't have enough help this year to win at the Regional level. Great season for the Braves though as most people didn't pick them to go this far after what they lost last year !!!!!

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

Logan loses by 10 or more.

loganphan
Riding the Bench

Post by loganphan »

If Logan elm were to get beat, it wouldnt be by 14 points
This will be a very close game. Logan Elm is very well coached and their players leave it all on the floor and want it bad.
I say logan elm by 2! ! ! ! ! ! I'll be there to support them ! ! Go Braves
I hope to see another clutch performance from adam blake !

loganphan
Riding the Bench

Post by loganphan »

Logan Elm plays Very well against Very good competition.
Should have beat chilli(state champs) a couple years ago, and made it to the final four last year !
So I'm sure they'll show up ready to take care of biz

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Have seen both DeSales and Logan Elm.......saw the Braves vs. Waverly at the Zane Trace Classic, and saw the Stallions at the Wellston Hoops Classic vs. Freeport(NY)........Logan Elm can win this game if they bring their best to the Convo......DeSales is a very good team.......Adam Griffin starts at PG, while Nick Kellogg is the 2........good luck LE from this Portsmouth Trojans fan.

Underhill
Waterboy

Post by Underhill »

Good Luck to the Braves on thursday. Just a few stats on DeSales, They beat Bexley for the District Title last friday 52-49. Kellogg had 20 points and no other player for was in double figures. They shot 5 for 16 from the free throw line and Kellogg made their only 3 pointer. The killer was, Desales had 32 offensive rebounds! If LE can handle the ball, box out, and hit their 3's, they can win this game. They have the "Kellogg Factor". We have Mr Clutch, "Shake and Bake" Adam Blake, The Big Dog Hauserman, Pritch, Whaley and Jake da Snake lol. All kidding aside, i think LE has a well balanced team that any of the starters could score 20 a night, a good bench, plays good D, handles the pressure, and Stiverson, The best dressed coach in the state. Should be an awesome game! Come pack the convo and support THE BRAVES!

Return to “Boys Basketball”