Regional semifinal 3/18 8 p.m.: Logan Elm vs. DeSales

datchillicav
JV Team

Re: Regional semifinal 3/18 8 p.m.: Logan Elm vs. DeSales

Post by datchillicav »

Better hope the refs don't give Desales the "star treatment" as they do most times I've seen them play in the S.E. regional. If there is a fair game called I think it should be a good game. If not, you could see all of L.E.'s players foul out by the second quarter. Good luck Braves. Get one for the S.E.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Good luck LE.

BUCKEYES
Freshman Team

Post by BUCKEYES »

That is very true!...DATCHILLICAV...I have noticed that the officiating for teams like Desales seem to very suspect and show very much favortism in their games. I hope for once the officiating at the Convo is fair, either call it all or nothing, but call it the same and be fair for both teams. Be nice for once to see the kids playing decide the outcome of a game, instead of 3500 fans being forced to watch this officiating dictate the outcome.

Underhill
Waterboy

Post by Underhill »

I agree with both of you about the refs. LE plays through that kind of stuff. In the Warren game, LE had 10 fouls to Warren's 2 in the second half but they never took LE out of their game. Stiverson basketball is all about playing for the team and not letting the crowd or refs get in your head. They have the Kellogg factor. Let them overlook the Braves, The convo is Adam Blake's House! Blake and the Braves play hard every game and leave it all on the court! 3 days til Basketball 30 guys! Wear your RED and rock da house!

lostgeneral
Riding the Bench

Post by lostgeneral »

I didn't see the Warren game but saw a big difference in the fouls for Warren over LE. Wasn't much mention made of it because LE won I guess. Have seen both teams play twice. I knew Warren was very physical and LE wasn't any more so to have that big of a spread in that close of a game. Without all those FTs it won't have been nearly as close. It seems odd that it has been that way in each of their games with teams not considered SE by most peoples thinking.

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

Get ready for the refs to call nothing, because the officiating at the Convo has been terrible up to this point

earp
S

Post by earp »

Its the regional now so playing a Columbus school you can expect the old "Up North Treatment"as I like to call it! :roll:

Capital Crusader
Waterboy

Post by Capital Crusader »

Go DeSales! Whip up on Logan Elm. Probably will not be much of a game.

lostgeneral
Riding the Bench

Post by lostgeneral »

The officials that do the regionals used to not be from that region. I don't know if that has changed or not.

loganphan
Riding the Bench

Post by loganphan »

Capital Crusader wrote:Go DeSales! Whip up on Logan Elm. Probably will not be much of a game.

You must not know about logan elm
there will be no whooping anyone

Underhill
Waterboy

Post by Underhill »

Well, Capital Crusader said the Braves are gonna get whipped up on so I don't know why LE should even show up. The regionals are all sewed up by Desales. We shouldn't even go to the convo thursday night lol. Desales is a very good team with very good players. I hope Kellogg will bring it. I don't think the braves made it to the final 4 last year and to the sweet 16 by mistake, because as the south eastern district knows, da convo is Blake's house!

BUCKEYES
Freshman Team

Post by BUCKEYES »

Well I guess we won't have the pleasure of seeing capital crusader at the game thursday, cause there is no way he will waste his/her money watching that whipping le is gonna take....LOL!!!!!!! I have also seen DeSales play and I would agree they are a very good team, however LE did'nt get to the sweet 16 because they don't play anyone....lets not forget LE boys play defense and they have been here before.. I guess I will just have to spend my money and watch this whooping...LOL!!!!! BY the way Underhill the Convo is not only Blakes house, but it has become second home to the Braves and they will protect it.

1974Viking
Varsity

Post by 1974Viking »

Good Luck to Logan Elm. A great team weither they win or lose. They are playing a great team also. I agree with BUCKEYES they didn't get this far being bad. They played a very tough Warren team which one hated to see either team lose. So it will be close, but the Braves win and move on. Good Luck

datchillicav
JV Team

Post by datchillicav »

Hey. Is there another game Thursday? If so, is it one ticket or seperate?

BUCKEYES
Freshman Team

Post by BUCKEYES »

zanesville vs. carrolton 615pm. thursday then le vs. desales 8pm.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

and it is one ticket

I'll be at the Convo for both games. Should be a good night of basketball.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Wow, we complain about the officiating AFTER our game with LE and get called whiners. We were told to get over it - you lost, move on.
I get on here and see some of the same people are talking about the officiating BEFORE the game. I want Logan Elm to win but come on guys.

Underhill
Waterboy

Post by Underhill »

2010, Who are you seeing complaining about the refs? LE don't let the refs, the crowd, or the coaches get in their heads like the tigers did. The foul difference in the LE/Warren game was 10/2 in the second half. Did you hear any LE fans on here complaining? We don't think the refs have some sort of score to settle with us like you do. Our boys play through that kind of stuff. Your whole LE vs Waverly board consisted of how the refs screwed you and your team, not on match ups, players and coaching. Win or Lose, our team does not blame the refs. If they lose, they got outplayed by a better team, period. Go Braves, Play Hard tomorrow night!

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Underhill,
Did I say Logan Elm fans? Maybe most of the people posting are not LE fans, I don't know, don't care. If you don't see people on this thread talking about the officiating you must be blind! I'm not posting to re-hash the officiating in the Waverly/LE game and won't get sucked back into that, regardless of how bad you want me to. People are on here already talking about how the officials may "cheat" for DeSales. I'm saying, play the game first then tell us.

BUCKEYES
Freshman Team

Post by BUCKEYES »

I think what everyone is saying, is just that the officiating (in the past) has been very favorable for the teams in from Columbus. I know, I have personally witnessed this at the Convo. I think the games that I have seen this year at the Convo have not been the best officiated games, unfortunately this is terrible in justice to the kids that play the game. Nothing angers fans, parents, and the kids more than a game that is dictated by officials that seem to have something to prove, nobody pays to watch the officials determine the outcome of the game. No disrespect inteneded to anyone on here I just hope that the officials don't lose sight of what matters, and that is, the kids playing, not the officials.

Return to “Boys Basketball”