All State

regional brackets?

Post by sparky »

does anyone have the regional brackets?

hook em horns
Freshman Team

Re: regional brackets?

Post by hook em horns »

Region 15 Bracket (Div. 4 with SE District)

http://brackets.digitalschoolnetwork.ne ... 85&ts=2571

Region 11 Bracket (Div. 3 with SE District)

http://brackets.digitalschoolnetwork.ne ... 81&ts=2567

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

is that right one regional semi in columbus and the other at the convo?
i thought the d4 regional was always at the barn in columbus?

hook em horns
Freshman Team

Post by hook em horns »

I thought the same thing Sparky. It doesn't make sense to have the Regional semi's for the same Region at different locales but it is the OHSAA so.....

Gib25
Varsity

Post by Gib25 »

Tom Metters told me that there is a split regional semi-final with the championship game in Columbus in the barn. I hope that site has improved since we played there against Brookhaven in 91-92.

carbon_dated
All State

Post by carbon_dated »

If anyone knows the facts for the regionals it'd be Tom Metters. Where's he been lately?

Eagle82
All Conference

Post by Eagle82 »

Bulldog64 wrote:Tom Metters told me that there is a split regional semi-final with the championship game in Columbus in the barn. I hope that site has improved since we played there against Brookhaven in 91-92.

It hasn't since Eastern(Meigs) played there. South Webster and Oak Hill would probably say the same, that place is a dump.

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

How about the Division 2 regionals?

sportfolio
JV Team

Post by sportfolio »

The Division 2 and Division 3 regionals are being held at the Convo along with the one Division 4 game ... check OHSAA website for the schedule ,,,,, I wish we could get the Division 4 regional at the Convo as well ... there is no comparison between tje Convo and the Fairgrounds Coliseum for a regional site, but we will probably have be happy we got at least one game.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Starting last year the DIV regional began a split regional, keeping the SE District winners in the SE (last year the SE District had two Regional teams and next year will have two again). This will cut down on travel and is using a much nicer and cheaper facility than the Barn. The final will alternate each year as long as the final is a Central and SE District team.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Pol Pot wrote:Starting last year the DIV regional began a split regional, keeping the SE District winners in the SE (last year the SE District had two Regional teams and next year will have two again). This will cut down on travel and is using a much nicer and cheaper facility than the Barn. The final will alternate each year as long as the final is a Central and SE District team.

Yep, exactly. The OHSAA is also doing this with the Girls for the reasons stated above in certain regions.

Return to “Boys Basketball”