Shadyside one win from state final four

carbon_dated
All State

Shadyside one win from state final four

Post by carbon_dated »

Unbeaten Shadyside (25-0) beat previously unbeaten McDonald 65-49 tonight to advance to the Canton D4 Regional final vs. Bedford St. Peter Chanel, who won over Maplewood 65-55.

Shadyside hadn't been to the Regionals since it lost to Strasburg back in '77 at The Convo, and hasn't been to the state since '23.

If they can somehow beat St. Pete Chanel I'll be shocked but it'd be nice to see the East District represented at the Schott in late March.

Hope Garaway puts it on Chesapeake too. That'd be nice to get 2 from the East.

WHSwarrior
Varsity

Re: Shadyside one win from state final four

Post by WHSwarrior »

My grandparents were both born and raised in Shadyside, went to high school there when they were still the Casketmakers. lol.

My grandpa was quite pleased to hear this news. Go Tigers!

carbon_dated
All State

Post by carbon_dated »

WHSwarrior,
Hey, if they want to see highlights of that game, they need to click www.wtrf.com or wtov9.com, as both of those local TV stations had film footage.

I remember people sayin' the Casketmakers was one of the more unique nicknames ever in Ohio. Almost as crazy as the Yorkville Ductillites (a metal coating process).

That casket making factory is still there, but I don't think it does that type of work any more. It's a heckuva big building.

Yeah, Shadyside people are pretty good folk.

dimedrop4
All State

Post by dimedrop4 »

Go Shadyside!

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

carbon_dated wrote: Hope Garaway puts it on Chesapeake too. .

Looks like your only hope is Shadyside. IMO If they beat Hiland they can beat St. Peter Chanel.

Return to “Boys Basketball”