20010/2011 TVC-Hocking

Baldeagle
Varsity

Re: 20010/2011 TVC-Hocking

Post by Baldeagle »

at least^^^they have 5 athletes to pick from. There havent been 5 good athletes come out of racine in town history....

cg 22
JV Team

Post by cg 22 »

baldeagle wrote:at least^^^they have 5 athletes to pick from. There havent been 5 good athletes come out of racine in town history....

After watching you try to play football I think we will take that as a compliment. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

beleagle05 wrote:Rashawn and Waderker are going to have to step up and lead for Belpre both vocally and by example. They have the talent, again its going to be about these kids playing together and within themselves and their abilities. If Belpre can play smart basketball I think they will be tough to beat in the Hocking. Does anyone know what the Golden Eagles schedule looks like next year with 16 conference games? I assume Warren and Fort Frye will be on the schedule, shame we probably wont be battling it out with old TVC Ohio foes...

Link to Belpre schedule;

http://www.highschoolsports.net/default ... offset=240

PushMePullYou
Freshman Team

Post by PushMePullYou »

Does anyone have Federal Hocking's schedule for next year?

WangoZTango
Freshman Team

Post by WangoZTango »

I wonder what the Refs at Southern do during the off season...

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Sit down at the barbershop in Racine and get hammered day-in and day-out......And talk about "back in the day" when the Tornadoes almost won that state championship :lol: :lol: :lol:

John Wooden
JV Team

Post by John Wooden »

Steely Dan wrote:Sit down at the barbershop in Racine and get hammered day-in and day-out......And talk about "back in the day" when the Tornadoes almost won that state championship :lol: :lol: :lol:

Why don't you come on in Steely,there are a couple guys here that would like to talk to you.

PushMePullYou
Freshman Team

Post by PushMePullYou »

Are high school basketball referees required to do any "Continuing Education" or re-certification training?

I clearly think its warranted. The kids, families, and schools deserve fair reffing from trained professionals who at least know the basic rules of the game.

The Fed Hock varsity contests at Trimble and Southern this year were HORRIBLY OFFICIATED. I do not knock the players from Trimble or Southern, as they played good games, but please...these officials need to step up, be armed with knowledge, integrity, and an impartial viewpoint..............

Purple&Yellow Pride
Freshman Team

Post by Purple&Yellow Pride »

Steely Dan wrote:Sit down at the barbershop in Racine and get hammered day-in and day-out......And talk about "back in the day" when the Tornadoes almost won that state championship :lol: :lol: :lol:

Come to our meeting this saturday....we all would love to meet you.

Purple&Yellow Pride
Freshman Team

Post by Purple&Yellow Pride »

PushMePullYou wrote:Are high school basketball referees required to do any "Continuing Education" or re-certification training?

I clearly think its warranted. The kids, families, and schools deserve fair reffing from trained professionals who at least know the basic rules of the game.

The Fed Hock varsity contests at Trimble and Southern this year were HORRIBLY OFFICIATED. I do not knock the players from Trimble or Southern, as they played good games, but please...these officials need to step up, be armed with knowledge, integrity, and an impartial viewpoint..............

We here at Racine Southern - the home of the two time "ALMOST STATE CHAMPION" Racine Hustlin' Purple Tornadoes - don't want to hear any crap about our refs. Farmer Yoder and Scotty Dale Wolfe do a great job calling all of our games.

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

PushMePullYou wrote:Are high school basketball referees required to do any "Continuing Education" or re-certification training?

Two things about the guys that did that game. First, they are not from Trimble. Second, yes two of them had about 19 games at Trimble. :lol: Now for the quality of their work, I will leave that up to you to decide. :mrgreen:

cg 22
JV Team

Post by cg 22 »

Didn't you get beat by 35 points. Maybe if the refs would of helped guard the Southern players it would have been different. Those dang refs anyway. Just wait till the baseball game. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Purple&Yellow Pride wrote:

Sorry, I'm going to have to pass. I have a general rule that says that I only drink with people who:

1) Have an IQ of 120 or above, and;
2) Are not on a first name basis with Sheriff Andy there in Meigs County and have their own assigned beds in the county jail.

I think that may completely wipe out the barbershop crew :lol: :lol: :lol:

John Wooden
JV Team

Post by John Wooden »

Steely Dan wrote:
Purple&Yellow Pride wrote:

Sorry, I'm going to have to pass. I have a general rule that says that I only drink with people who:

1) Have an IQ of 120 or above, and;
2) Are not on a first name basis with Sheriff Andy there in Meigs County and have their own assigned beds in the county jail.

Tell the truth Steely, the real reason you won't come is they can't get you out of the Cool Spot, you are up there slobbering on the help.

I think that may completely wipe out the barbershop crew :lol: :lol: :lol:

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

No, the truth is that I don't go into country where there's a bald headed kid with three teeth sitting on the front porch playing a banjo, and you and your cronies are saying "He's got a purty mouth"........

Oh, and I don't go to the Cool Spot, Woody.

eaglefan1
Varsity

Post by eaglefan1 »

Looks like Belpre will play Warren twice, Fort Frye and Marietta outside of the TVC. No Tvc-Ohio foes on the schedule, kind of a disappointment. I like what the schedule looks like, play 3 Washington county teams, and 2 rivals, Belpre always opens up with Fort Frye so im glad to see that stay in place. Belpre also plays two D-2 teams, so it should help them come seeding time, especially if they beat them. I don't see any reason why Belpre shouldn't win the TVC-Hocking, but only time will tell.

old bird
Freshman Team

Post by old bird »

[quote="eaglefan1"]. No Tvc-Ohio foes on the schedule, kind of a disappointment.

with only 4 non league games TVC Ohio foes may be hard to get scheduled

whatever
Waterboy

Post by whatever »

Seems like you boys from Federal Hocking are not satisfied with any officiating anywhere or any sport. I say take the classes get your license and lets see how good you are. I love sports but people like you guys always complaining about officials is getting old. I agree at times officiating is bad but can you not look at how or why you may have lost a game besides always just blaming the officials. My kids play sports and I try to support them, their coaches and yes the officials. I would just about bet that officials are not sitting there before a game and saying " lets see how we can screw this team over tonight". They probably would not be doing it if not for the love of the game and the kids. Anyway good luck to all the TVC teams this year , kids enjoy your sport and have fun.

BleedGreen
Freshman Team

Post by BleedGreen »

I'll tell you one thing Caldwell is not dunk1, it appears to be some sorta nut with his information.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

whatever wrote:Seems like you boys from Federal Hocking are not satisfied with any officiating anywhere or any sport. I say take the classes get your license and lets see how good you are. I love sports but people like you guys always complaining about officials is getting old. I agree at times officiating is bad but can you not look at how or why you may have lost a game besides always just blaming the officials. My kids play sports and I try to support them, their coaches and yes the officials. I would just about bet that officials are not sitting there before a game and saying " lets see how we can screw this team over tonight". They probably would not be doing it if not for the love of the game and the kids. Anyway good luck to all the TVC teams this year , kids enjoy your sport and have fun.

It is not just me, or people from Fed Hock. Your comments are as a result of something I said on another thread, in which I was quite serious, and stand by what I said about that particular umpire. You have obviously not been engaged or reading some of the conversations on this site about the lack of a league assigner, the quality of the officials, and the woeful quality of officiating that the entire TVC perceives down in Meigs county. Alot of the posts (like mine above) are all in jest and just for fun. There are alot of us that have fun joking about Farmer Yoder, Willie Cheatem, et al, and the Racine Barbershop crew, and it is simply for laughs. Just relax and enjoy the banter. :122245

Return to “Boys Basketball”