JV Team

Re: Zanesville 51, Desales 45. Regional Finals

Post by datchillicav »

WOW. Congrats.

Generals_85
Waterboy

Post by Generals_85 »

Zanesville has an absolute wonderful program. They have the best coach in this part of the state. You really need to experience the atmosphere at a Zanesville home game. When they are playing another quality oppenent.....it is AMAZING!
Congrats and bring home the title.

Hoopsfan78
Waterboy

Post by Hoopsfan78 »

newlex/sheridan,
Why don't we give the players from Zanesville a little credit here. It's not like those kids are a bunch of poor athletes with little skill. Not sure if you watched the same game I did, but it sure looked like they matched up pretty well athlete for athlete. To say a coach should lose his job for getting beat in a regional final game is absurd. I believe coach Albright's record speaks for itself. If 7-1 in regional games and 4 District Titles in 6 years as a head coach should cause you to lose your job then I say fire Thad Matta if he doesn't win it all this year. Anyways, great job Blue Devils and good luck in the Final 4!

newlex/sheridan
Varsity

Post by newlex/sheridan »

Haha, relax. I know Zanesville played a great game, I am just not impressed with Albright, never have been. He has had some teams with great talent and skill level handed to him and has not finished the job. Athlete for athlete zanesville had two players who were on the level of the Stallions players, they just have a waaaay better coach. My point is after six or seven years with the talent he has had and hasn't won a title, or even a semi-final game for that matter, he likely isn't going to. Being that DeSales doesn't exactly "homegrow" its talent and hands over cherry picked teams from around the Columbus area, they might as well look somewhere else. Just a thought.

Hoopsfan78
Waterboy

Post by Hoopsfan78 »

I agree that DeSales has some great athletes, but that has been the case for the past 20+ years and how many District titles had they won before Albright started coaching DeSales? The answer is 1. So, with all the superior athletes that DeSales has had over the years Coach Albright has won 4 of the 5 District Titles in school history. Your evaluation of coaching ability would then say that Aronholt is a poor coach because he had a ton of talent with Kevin Martin and his son's and didn't win it all. Sometimes it takes a little more than athletes to win big.

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

i dont think u can judge coaches just by their tourny resume

Hoopster
Riding the Bench

Post by Hoopster »

Just a few random thoughts...

1. No wins in the SEOAL, come on man! The Devils were 7-3 thru the first 10 games, and in many peoples minds should have been 9-1. They were 5-3 in their remaining games....losing to Wheeling Park(whose playing for the WV state Championship), Parkersburg South(who also advanced to the elite 8) , and Warren Harding #4 in the state at the time we played. Believe me, if you will, the "Devils" expect to be where they are, and I don't think they will be satisified to just say they made it the final four.
2. IMHO if you were at the game, I think it would be hard to say any of their athletes were better than ours on that day, and I'll leave that alone........
3. Coach A is a great coach, regardless how you choose to cut it. And coach Albright for Desales seems to have done some great things for that program. That being said, neither one of those guys took a shot Saturday. Players decide the game, as Coach A told his players, "nobody is on the court but you guys, Go make plays."
4. When was the last time Culver won it all? Is it time for change? General nation would go nuts correct? Seem like the same thing your saying about Albright, IDK.

Go Blue!!!

ZvilleBlueDevil
JV Team

Post by ZvilleBlueDevil »

Who cares about Desales coach unless your from Columbus,we got a great one here in Zanesville and that's all i care about.This team is peaking at the right time and any thing is possible now.Who would of thought we came about 10 seconds left in the opening sectional game from being bounced and making the final four.All i can say is WOW and GO BLUE..........

tropical breeze
Riding the Bench

Post by tropical breeze »

I don't think K-Mart and the D-1 players were D-1 players and in the NBA at the time they played under Scott. In the History of coaches at ZHS, no other coach has cultivated the talent that walked the halls as Coach A., AND Coach A. did it with less number of boys. Now there may be a coach in our region who's record compares to Aronhalt's, I just can't think of any off the top of my head. Stiverson, Van Meter, all great coaches, but neither have the success Coach A. has had in the tourney or development of his players. Z-ville has had great athletes in the past, (I can remember back to 1969), but Scott's players are just better prepared for the next level.

But then you went and added this:

NBA Player.... Numbers of D-1 Players

Not sure how many other coaches in the area have had the opportunity to coach an NBA or numbers of D-1 players, but my guess is not many.[/quote]

Return to “Boys Basketball”