Div III & IV All Ohio Teams Announced

60ft.6in.
Freshman Team

Re: Div III & IV All Ohio Teams Announced

Post by 60ft.6in. »

The issue could be this...your coach didn't do what was necessary to get Justice and Seaman the acknowledgement they deserved...

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

slug wrote:I haven't had the opportunity to see Flannigan play, have you tribe? It's hard to comment if you haven't seen him play. Just saying.........

It dosent take me watching him play to know that 13 a game is not as impressive as 24. Just saying.........

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

It is true about the coach getting the players recognition. Big part of it.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

60ft.6in. wrote:The issue could be this...your coach didn't do what was necessary to get Justice and Seaman the acknowledgement they deserved...

I agree that could have played a role in it. The AP acknowledged Peebles in their team listing but does not recognize the Indians' leading scorer who ranked higher on this very listing last season? It just does not make much sense.

60ft.6in.
Freshman Team

Post by 60ft.6in. »

I'm about 100% sure that if the coach doesn't do what is neccesary (?meeting/fees?) to have his players on the all-state 1st and 2nd teams then the best they can get is honorable mention, thus explaining why Seaman and Justice missed 1st/2nd team...

jimmy chipwood
All Conference

Post by jimmy chipwood »

The real reason why the Southeast District didnt get certain players (Justice, Copley, Maxwell, etc) was/is because the Southeast District was loaded with individual talent in D3. Typically, are top 3-4 players make one of the teams (1st -3rd all-state). That is what happened this year. That is probably the reason why Tyler Knabb's name isnt even on the list even though he made 1st Team All-District. Its kind of like going to your all-league voting and nominating your entire starting lineup because they were all 5 deserving knowing that there is no way that the other coaches are going to vote for all 5 of your players. What happens is the votes get spread out and you might not even get 3 of your players on all-league. Any other year the names I mentioned above would have made higher than special mention.

all-time athlete
JV Team

Post by all-time athlete »

congrats hank leslie....this is a great achievement for the area that gets barely any attention, with the school that get's the least attention in the area, Northwest. Great player

60ft.6in.
Freshman Team

Post by 60ft.6in. »

Jimmy, sorry but there has to be more to it then that. Neither Seaman or Justice made it, and in my and many other peoples opinion Seaman was one of the best all around players in Southern Ohio...leading me to think what I think...or know, this is just for Peebles though, not sure about Copley or Maxwell...

jimmy chipwood
All Conference

Post by jimmy chipwood »

60ft.6in. wrote:Jimmy, sorry but there has to be more to it then that. Neither Seaman or Justice made it, and in my and many other peoples opinion Seaman was one of the best all around players in Southern Ohio...leading me to think what I think...or know, this is just for Peebles though, not sure about Copley or Maxwell...

Hank Leslie is a terrific player but he is not better or more deserving of 3rd team than Copley, Justice, Seaman, Maxwell, or Legg. Everyone knew that the co-players of the year would make one of the first three state teams but you could flip a coin for the 3rd representative. I challenge anyone to go back and find a year where the Southeast District had more than 3 players make All-State Teams (1st-3rd). Actually, in 2009 and 2006 the Southeast District had 4. In 2004 we had only 2 players. Most years it is 3.

chef_piketon
JV Team

Post by chef_piketon »

Jimmy Chipwood: The Chef thinks you may be onto something with local voting being split for the many deserving players. The Chef saw all the players play this season and like was said, "flip a coin" as to who's best on any given night. A lot of talent. Team records are comparable and outside of Chesapeake advancing to state, all there teams pretty much went same distance in tournament give or take a game.

Return to “Boys Basketball”