Clay Panther basketball 2010-11

claypantherfan
All State

Clay Panther basketball 2010-11

Post by claypantherfan »

what is your thoughts on next years team????

Rebels on 3
All State

Re: Clay Panther basketball 2010-11

Post by Rebels on 3 »

Do you have a schedule?

claypantherfan
All State

Post by claypantherfan »

No I dont not yet at least

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Will Trainer be back?

Hoppy
Riding the Bench

Post by Hoppy »

Yes, coach Trainer will be back next season. He is having or already had a meeting for players and parents to tell them about plans for this summer.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Hoppy wrote:Yes, coach Trainer will be back next season. He is having or already had a meeting for players and parents to tell them about plans for this summer.

Hopefully he can get the entire team to participate in summer ball and maybe hit the weights a little. Everyone needs to play summer ball if they are serious about playing basketball. Clays big men were way to soft and got pushed around under the basket in every game I saw. They are going to have some great guards next year in Valentine, Burchette, and Bussler, but the bigs need to get a little stronger and help control the boards.

I did like a few things Trainer did toward the end of the season. He finally instituted a zone defense which really help his slow bigs in the middle. They still had a little trouble rebounding, but at least they weren't giving up layup after layup because they couldn't keep up in man to man. He also finally seems to have gotten an out of bounds play that works instead of the helter skelter it was before. At least now I notice kids setting screens to get someone open. And lastly, he actually called a few timeouts to stop those big runs. I actually saw him let New Boston go on a 20-0 or 22-0 run before he finally called a timeout. WOW!!!

I think if the kids from Clay are serious about getting prepared for next season they can really make some noise in the area in D IV. They will have seniors who all have basically played 4 years of varsity ball and should play very well together, but they ALL have to have the desire to improve.

claypantherfan
All State

Post by claypantherfan »

I think burg grad is right last year they would only have like 3 players usually playing in the summer league last year that played varsity and they would have like 2 others show up once in a while i think if the whole team is there they will be able to win the soc and do well in the play offs

halftime
JV Team

Post by halftime »

well its kinda hard when the kids have other sports to play

post101
Waterboy

Post by post101 »

im just going to let the post know that they dont do anything in games....every single topic on here about clay puts the post players down like they arent any good or anything

Hoggy
SEOP

Post by Hoggy »

Clay started playing some pretty good ball toward the end of the season. with some hard work during the Summer and dedication from the players, they can bring some of the momentum in.

Waterdog
Riding the Bench

Post by Waterdog »

Playing other sports will help keep the boys in condition. It is the 4 wheeling, video gaming and partying that hurts the Clay boys with their return seasons in basketball. Maybe they can get some perspective on using their last year as the last chance to prove something to themselves and others. Success lies in the boys priorities and everyone has to have the desire to achieve a common goal. That is what being a team is all about. Good Luck and try to see the big picture. Look where W. Va. was just at in the NCAA and all the hard work , dedicaiton and devotion they had. That will be a feather in their cap for the rest of their lives. Awesome!

claypantherfan
All State

Post by claypantherfan »

I know some people do play other sports but if they do wanna be good they need what time they aren't using in the other sports to put it towards basketball if they want to be better next year

CoachC
Freshman Team

Post by CoachC »

The excuse of playing other sports is hogwash! I second the thought that Waterdog had, especially about the partying. I have seen these boys growing up to where they are now, and a few are close to taking themselves out of consideration for important roles for the team(s). What really kills me is the fact of "adult support" allowing the nonsense to go on. Say what you will about the coaching, I am at the head of the line to admit I'm not perfect. But take another look with your eyes totally open and it's not that hard to see where the dedication is, or isn't. What coach T lacks in game skills, he more than makes up for in desire for preparation for the game.

Livin LRG
Riding the Bench

Post by Livin LRG »

How good the Panthers will be next year depeneds on the time the players put in this summer, this team is loaded with talent and has a chance to be a great team next year, they just need to prepare themselves!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

post101 wrote:im just going to let the post know that they dont do anything in games....every single topic on here about clay puts the post players down like they arent any good or anything

Calm down man. I didn't say the post players weren't good, but imagine how much better they could be if they put on a little muscle and worked hard at improving their game. I have seen quite a few Clay games the past 3 years and I have witnessed much smaller players just muscle Clays post players right out of the way for a rebound. As big as Clays post players are, that should never happen.

rico suave
Freshman Team

Post by rico suave »

u all need randy ward back at clay. it would really help cg out.

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

What does Clay have coming back?

halftime
JV Team

Post by halftime »

Valentine, Burchett, Bussler, Delotell, Porter, Graham will all be seniors this year.

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

halftime wrote:Valentine, Burchett, Bussler, Delotell, Porter, Graham will all be seniors this year.

Clay should be very tough then next season and probably favored to win the league.

claypantherfan
All State

Post by claypantherfan »

halftime wrote:Valentine, Burchett, Bussler, Delotell, Porter, Graham will all be seniors this year.

also king can really shoot played very little last year as a sophomore but i can see him playing alot more this yea r

Return to “Boys Basketball”