Waverly Basketball 2010-2011

smurray
SEOPS HO

Re: Waverly Basketball 2010-2011

Post by smurray »

fnsick,
I don't know that I've ever corrected spelling one here but in this case we're talking about a kids proper name. Know the name and learn to spell it right. ;-)
I didn't know that was too much to ask without people being so defensive!

crazymidgets
All Conference

Post by crazymidgets »

Well one thing this isnt a spelling test, and if thats all a person has to add to the forum then please stop, its not constructive to the posts and just adds garbage to read. if you can raed tihs tehn you can raed jsut aubot aynhtnig or so a popular report goes. Names I'll give you that one.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

:aaaaa17

bucki4life
Freshman Team

Post by bucki4life »

Crazymidgets- i have no idea who you are but that was funny!! and btw i cant spell very well either and hopefully people dont make fun of me either.

Trooper- i agree that we need Martin and Kretzer to score a lot but if i had to guess i see the season scoring for next year being like this:

Kretzer 18-19 ppg, Martin 17-18 ppg, Kelly 10-11 ppg. So between the three of them we should be able to get around 45 points or so which will not be enough to win all the games and we know that they will not be able to do this every single game - and I agree with Trooper that we will miss Sammy a lot but I think we miss Roback more than we can imagine because with him inside it made the defense watch him and respect his scoring ability and now they will be able to focus on Martin on the inside that much more!

I also think we will miss Remy a lot more than realized- here is a kid that hustled all the time and had a ton of experience at the guard, no matter how you looked at it we had three guards (Johnston, Kelly and Remy) who had a lot of experience and now we are down to one.

This is a big year for Travis- he has his work cut out for him- we need players to step up and provide scoring and defense for this group. However, I was a big fan of how the reserve team played last year- they have some kids that really get after it and I think they should come up and contribute.

.RadChad.
Waterboy

Post by .RadChad. »

bucki4life wrote:Crazymidgets- i have no idea who you are but that was funny!! and btw i cant spell very well either and hopefully people dont make fun of me either.

Trooper- i agree that we need Martin and Kretzer to score a lot but if i had to guess i see the season scoring for next year being like this:

Kretzer 18-19 ppg, Martin 17-18 ppg, Kelly 10-11 ppg. So between the three of them we should be able to get around 45 points or so which will not be enough to win all the games and we know that they will not be able to do this every single game - and I agree with Trooper that we will miss Sammy a lot but I think we miss Roback more than we can imagine because with him inside it made the defense watch him and respect his scoring ability and now they will be able to focus on Martin on the inside that much more!

I also think we will miss Remy a lot more than realized- here is a kid that hustled all the time and had a ton of experience at the guard, no matter how you looked at it we had three guards (Johnston, Kelly and Remy) who had a lot of experience and now we are down to one.

This is a big year for Travis- he has his work cut out for him- we need players to step up and provide scoring and defense for this group. However, I was a big fan of how the reserve team played last year- they have some kids that really get after it and I think they should come up and contribute.

You cant be forgetting Kevin Malone :122246

CowboyMcElroy
Waterboy

Post by CowboyMcElroy »

bucki4life wrote:Crazymidgets- i have no idea who you are but that was funny!! and btw i cant spell very well either and hopefully people dont make fun of me either.

Any idea of the youngsters coming up that will get a shot.

RoggerRabbit
Waterboy

Post by RoggerRabbit »

What's the starting line up looking like?

.RadChad.
Waterboy

Post by .RadChad. »

Devin,Kretzer,and Martin will get to start.The rest is a toss up.

crazymidgets
All Conference

Post by crazymidgets »

This yr. I believe it will be about just knowing your role, last yrs. team prospered by Coach Roberstons ability to get the team to by into " kudos" team, this yr again that will be his major task for the team to be sucsessful. Guys just know your role, if its gonna be defense and rebounding then thats what you have to do, if its defense, handling the ball, spot up shooting then thats what you need to do, should be a lot of fun to watch.

RoggerRabbit
Waterboy

Post by RoggerRabbit »

Who will be competing for the two spots? or how many?

.RadChad.
Waterboy

Post by .RadChad. »

RoggerRabbit wrote:Who will be competing for the two spots? or how many?

I see Waverly looking more towards hustle and rebounding for these last two spots. Taylor Ward will have the best chance at one of the spots.

fnsick
Waterboy

Post by fnsick »

Crazymidgets, Im also looking forward to basketball its gonna be another good year. I hope the boys all come and hit the gym hard this summer. Travis will put 100% into the team to make these boys the best he can, the talent and the smarts is there lets just apply it on the floor. The 2 open spots will go too the 2 kids that want to go out and fight for it. Last year was great, but lets go on to next year, you are allways gonna miss the kids you had now you gotta love the kids you have and support them all as a team. Best of luck to Da Tigers, Coach Robertson and staff.

bucki4life
Freshman Team

Post by bucki4life »

It could very well be three or four kids sharing time for the other two spots- Leatherwood, Hensley's, Holt, Corcoran, Ward, D. Remy, Bolin, Ferguson, White, Ivory- and the wild card will be this Harris kid who stands 6'6" and will be a junior that has not played but some of the players love the kid.

SOCFAN1430
Varsity

Post by SOCFAN1430 »

Your right RadChad we shouldn't forget Kevin Malone, I'm sure Kyle Ondera hasn't!

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Each senior had their role and will be missed very much. The Tigers need some kids to step up in their place for sure. When are the open gyms with tomorrow being the 1st of June?

TheDarkKnight
Freshman Team

Post by TheDarkKnight »

SOCFAN1430 wrote:Your right RadChad we shouldn't forget Kevin Malone, I'm sure Kyle Ondera hasn't!

:lol: :lol: Very true.

theking14
Waterboy

Post by theking14 »

Monday night league has started, how everybody looking? Who are the starters, etc.

sportsfan_1959
JV Team

Post by sportsfan_1959 »

Where is this league and who plays in it?

Wffan
JV Team

Post by Wffan »

It rotates at various schools. Tomorrow, Waverly will host Unioto and Westfall.

6pm-Waverly vs. Westfall
7pm-Westfall vs. Unioto
8pm-Waverly vs. Unioto

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

How'd Da Tigers look last night?

Return to “Boys Basketball”