What Logan needs...

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Re: What Logan needs...

Post by 1987chieftains »

and we be right back to "as the world turns" after this massage from our sponsers. :lol:

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

What Logan needs to do is hire a coach so all can move on.

ontheroadagain
Waterboy

Post by ontheroadagain »

Amen! If they know what they want why drag it out any longer..if they are wanting the program to improve then hire a coach and let the "games" begin

roundtown
Waterboy

Post by roundtown »

Logan does have talent after Angle Mays, the coaches know who they are. Just like we know who the coaches are!!!

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

If we do not know by Sat. our committee will brianstrom this issue. If you would like to attend PM me with your name and I will inform all as to the possible cost of your meal and the starting time!

FULLSCHEDULE
Waterboy

Post by FULLSCHEDULE »

what is the hold up they have a quality person right in front of them, I understand there may be some loyalty involved but to me it is a clear choice You have a a coach with experience at the Varisty level. You all say you want the program to improve. To me firing Keith and hiring someone with no experience at that level is just crazy. There is much more to coaching at a varisty level and to be at the D1 level and want to improve why would you not hire someone that has been the head of a program. I understand the loyalty factor but if you are really wanting to get the program headed in a different direction and you want to improve the choice is obvious. IMO

ontheroadagain
Waterboy

Post by ontheroadagain »

What Logan needs...well I guess the word is Helber has the job! IMO this is not what Logan needs. We replaced a guy with 100 wins with a JV coach that didn't have anymore harder play out of his kids than Keith. This is not a new look to Logan basketball just much of the same. Well the drama is over till the first tip off, IMO bad choice

eaglesrock
Freshman Team

Post by eaglesrock »

Are you happy now Moonie?
Hopefully now you will go away!!!

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

ontheroadagain wrote:What Logan needs...well I guess the word is Helber has the job! IMO this is not what Logan needs. We replaced a guy with 100 wins with a JV coach that didn't have anymore harder play out of his kids than Keith. This is not a new look to Logan basketball just much of the same. Well the drama is over till the first tip off, IMO bad choice

Tell the other side How many losses did Keith Have? Let's support John and see where this program is in 3-5 years!

FULLSCHEDULE
Waterboy

Post by FULLSCHEDULE »

take your own advice moonie don't hang him out to dry when and if the losses start happening. I wish them the best just not my choice. But I will be there watching to see if there is improvement. But Moonie don't be on here bashing next season if all does not go well. and seriously 5 years!

Loganchiefsnation
Freshman Team

Post by Loganchiefsnation »

Nothing has been announced. At school or otherwise.

DRUNK 1
Waterboy

Post by DRUNK 1 »

Logan needs GREG KOONS. C'mon ! Give the guy a chance!

FULLSCHEDULE
Waterboy

Post by FULLSCHEDULE »

Thanks Logancheifsnation, I was told today at Speedway that John was told he had the job....keep us updated. I am still pulling for Koons!

FULLSCHEDULE
Waterboy

Post by FULLSCHEDULE »

Well there is a post Helber was hired. Seriously this is crazy. Well this post can end.

ontheroadagain
Waterboy

Post by ontheroadagain »

Helber was told he has the job. Funny they didn't even call Koons to let him know he was out, two bad moves on the adminstrations hands today. It will be interesting to see what Helber brings to the table, word is Koons isn't even helping next year, who will the coaching staff be? Hummmmm

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Still will have our committee meeting at 6:00 am to review this choice of coach Helber.(good choice) again this is a sit down meal type meeting at LJ'S in Logan for all you out of area posters! Will review other sports and overstaffing in our schools.

roundtown
Waterboy

Post by roundtown »

FYI, Helber is going to play his own game! I am behind him 100 percent!!! He is a good coach and the kids are happy. Watch him new things coming to Logan!

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Had a very good committee meeting this morning, If John Helber is our coach, eventhough an offical announcement is yet to be made. All in attendance is very happy with John as our coach. Let's give him some time to get his own program started. As a group we are starting to investigate our sports and there problems! Which some of the more active posters would have come!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... No official hiring of a coach at Logan yet ... Coach Helber was informed that he will be recommended to the board May 19th as the search committees choice as the head varsity basketball coach for the 2010-11 campaign - no official vote or announcement until it is acted on at the May 19 BOE meeting. The rumor posted above that Coach Koons is going to be somewhere other than Logan next season - is not true . Coach Koons will be court side/ practice side/ strategy side/ teaching hoops, coaching hoops ALONGSIDE Coach Helber imo a good combination of coaching talent for the first season of "Helber Ball" ... should all the above come to pass Coach Helber/Coach Koons working together in practice/during games with Coach Helber calling the shots - one voice during the games, one head man court side, one strategy - Logan basketball will be fine ... emphasis will be on defense, controlling the tempo of the game, transition out of tough defensive pressure and above all - looking to improve fundamentals at all levels ... records will be important at the highest level - varsity ... records will take a back seat at the lower levels in the promotion of fundamentals, learning to play the positions without relying only on the fact that players may be physically better than opponents, the best will get better by improving their fundamentals, ALL players will be developed fundamentally ... through the sound, solid fundamentals across the board at all positions in the lower grades through JV the varsity level will be competitive with anyone ... as has been noted only a few hundred times - Logan HAS good athletes in basketball BUT when LHS travels Above the Lancaster-Dixon Line LHS quicks isn't quite as quick, LHS size isn't quite Above the Line size - THE ONLY WAY to compete is with fundamental basketball defensively, offensively being able to take care of the ball under control, playing TEAM ball ... Logan can be competitive in the league (which ever league that ends up being by the way) and in the post season ... it will take time and a mental set that gets passed from the varsity coach down the ladder ... lower grades are for the development of fundamentals , as players demonstrate the fundamentals and work as TEAMS, the size, strength and individual skills combine to the point of players learning to play the game with their heads - they can then be taught the nuances of the positions they play ...one other component that I see coming from the Helber/Koons coaching duo will be "discipline" - expectations as implementing THE game plan, meeting expectations on and off the court ... imo Coach Helber and Coach Koons WILL bring this mentality to Logan hoops ...

... Best of Luck to Coach Helber , Coach Koons & the rest of the boys staff top to bottom ... if you don't have the buy in at the bottom IT won't happen at the top ... looking forward to seeing what the face of Logan hoops looks like as we head into the important summer contact period in June ...

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Thank You Pink! Yes we can compete and teaching at the lower level one message will be important to the long term sucess of Logan Basketball!

A NEW ERA IN LOGAN BASKETBALL!
Last edited by moonshine on Mon May 03, 2010 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Boys Basketball”