Who will be the new Peebles coach?

luvit
Freshman Team

Re: Who will be the new Peebles coach?

Post by luvit »

indians10 wrote:i guess for some reason the Lawhorn thread was deleted,dont understand why.Who will be the new Peebles varsity boys coach,and why.

has anyone applied? if so who? :?:

tobiasunderwood
Waterboy

Post by tobiasunderwood »

I must admit that I bowled over at the lack of transcription and general mushrooming of tittle-tattle on this significantly vital area under discussion. Are Peebles aficionados resigned to await their providence or has the recent obliteration of an akin topic caused my fellow transcribers some fear and apprehension? Stand your ground comrades and fill the round-table with your questions and concerns!

Now, Who will be the next Varsity Instructor of Basketball in Peebles? Is the Junior Varsity Instructor of Basketball not the logical and most deserving choice? I await your responses with eager anticipation!

slug
Freshman Team

Post by slug »

You crack me up tobiasunderwood :lol:

Now....does anybody have a dictionary I can borrow? LOL

As an outsider looking in it seems to me by reading all the threads that have been posted and deleted on here there must be some kind of friction going on at Peebles. :122248

arrowman
Riding the Bench

Post by arrowman »

If your opinion of a system is based on what you read on SEOP, then I would guess all systems have friction.
There are volcanos all around. Some may seem dormant, but are always building. To define a Rare Southern Ohio hill from a volcano you have to look at eras not just snapshots in time.

slug
Freshman Team

Post by slug »

arrowman wrote:If your opinion of a system is based on what you read on SEOP, then I would guess all systems have friction.
There are volcanos all around. Some may seem dormant, but are always building. To define a Rare Southern Ohio hill from a volcano you have to look at eras not just snapshots in time.

I hope your speaking to tobiasunderwood because I don't know anyone else that would understand where your coming from!! Who's speaking about a system, volcanos and sanpshots?? Thats just weird.

bucknut53
Riding the Bench

Post by bucknut53 »

Anything can happen in Peebles. I cannot think of any decision that would shock me after what I have witnessed happening in the past.

arrowman
Riding the Bench

Post by arrowman »

slug wrote:
arrowman wrote:If your opinion of a system is based on what you read on SEOP, then I would guess all systems have friction.

I hope your speaking to tobiasunderwood because I don't know anyone else that would understand where your coming from!! Who's speaking about a system, volcanos and sanpshots?? Thats just weird.

Google metaphor. If my post still escpes you, PM me, and I will explain. However I was responding to the comment about "friction" in Peebles.
Is it not everywhere?

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

isn't there some kind of jelly to remedy that friction problem?

bucknut53
Riding the Bench

Post by bucknut53 »

sparky wrote:isn't there some kind of jelly to remedy that friction problem?

Would there be enough to go around?

indianmaniac
Riding the Bench

Post by indianmaniac »

So....I hear they're sliding Arey right into that job....man, did it get quiet or what???

Indian man
Riding the Bench

Post by Indian man »

Internally posted ,,nobody outside Peebles system could apply...

ticklethetwine
Waterboy

Post by ticklethetwine »

It was only done internally because it's board policy. So who knows who we could have got....right???

socfan
All Conference

Post by socfan »

Indian man wrote:Internally posted ,,nobody outside Peebles system could apply...

Not entirely true....All Supplementals are posted yearly internally for the entire Adams County/Ohio Valley School District, so right now all coaching jobs are open to people working in the Peebles, North Adams, and West Union school areas. The deadline for applications was yesterday.

Non-OVSD employees can now apply for supplemental jobs.

However, many coaches in our district are not teachers, so they can take applications from anyone before making a decision. If a non-ovsd employee is chosen for a supplemental, the administration has to state that the chosen person is more qualified that any union employee would applied.

Don't expect an offical decision until the May 24th Board Meeting.

Indian man
Riding the Bench

Post by Indian man »

I know what you are saying is correct socfan. I just know that they have their man ,and they are not taking applications from outside the system... at least that is what administration told a guy that wanted to apply...

tobiasunderwood
Waterboy

indianmaniac wrote:So....I hear they're sliding Arey right into that job....man, did it get quiet or what???

What a disappointment. My sincere empathy to the faithful and knowledgable devotees of Peebles. You have quite a quandary to the fore.

Trust your administration and their pronouncement, as this was their's and their's alone! Moreover, if results are not satifactory or as projected, maybe a complete transformation is in order! I wish you fortuity!
Last edited by tobiasunderwood on Tue May 11, 2010 9:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Basketball30
Waterboy

Post by Basketball30 »

Lawhorn was hired to "groom" Arey into a varsity coach. Arey is a young, energetic, and passionate coach who will do a great job with the program. Every player that has played for Arey or has been associated with him love him and would do anything for him, so there is no disappointment Tobias, because the players love the decision!

slug
Freshman Team

Post by slug »

It will be very interesting to reread this thread in about 7-8 months from now ;-)

tobiasunderwood
Waterboy

Basketball30 wrote:Lawhorn was hired to "groom" Arey into a varsity coach. Arey is a young, energetic, and passionate coach who will do a great job with the program. Every player that has played for Arey or has been associated with him love him and would do anything for him, so there is no disappointment Tobias, because the players love the decision!

I am aware of the affection between Instructor Arey and the students and players of Peebles High School! One must admit, however, that the greater part of transcribers on South Eastern Ohio Preps seem to disagree with your confidence in his capabilities. I, conversely, share the same sentiments as the majority of essayists here on this public round table and remain unconvinced. Only time will tell...but at what expenditure?

jimmy chipwood
All Conference

Post by jimmy chipwood »

What i find kind of funny is that people get on here and talk like Coach Arey is straight out of high school or something (all the youth comments). The man is 35 years old and has held basketball on a pedestal for most of his life. He will be a fine coach, his players will play defense and play hard.

d young
Riding the Bench

Post by d young »

Very well said JC. I'm trying to remember when I was 35.

Return to “Boys Basketball”