SOC I 2010-11

Who wins it?

Total votes: 0

rockyraccoon
All Conference

Re: SOC I 10-11

Post by rockyraccoon »

a_c_m wrote:
60ft.6in. wrote:Rocky, you obviously haven't made it out of southern ohio. Thats all I can say. Sure maybe the SOC 1 will be competitive within itself, but against other area conferences, and especially compared to schoolds around the state...its going to be very weak...Maybe in the past but I'm talking about THIS year...so I have one last thing to say ""LOL"
What school do you support? Are you aware that the SOC I has some of the smallest schools in the state as far as enrollment goes? Most anywhere they go in the District playing non league games, the other schools are much larger overall.
ACM, this guy can't figure out that this thread is about the SOCI.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

TTY

Mr.basketball72
Waterboy

Post by Mr.basketball72 »

Here is my opinion on the league SOC I outcome.

1. Eastern
2. Notre Dame
3. Clay
4. Symmes Valley
5.Green
6. East
7. Western
8. New Boston

rockyraccoon
All Conference

Post by rockyraccoon »

No disrespect to ND, but I really don't see them ahead of Clay. Clay is senior loaded with 6 boys who all started last year and several are 2 and 3 year starters. Valentine, Bussler, Burchett, Delotell, Porter, Graham all have something to prove this year after three lackluster seasons. Look for them at the top of the SOC1.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

I think clay is one of the top teams this year but I talked to a couple notre dame kids at the elks golf course and they said with the big kid that transfered from east to notre dame it moves the Noel kid who played center last year to shooting guard and makes them pretty big acrossed there first 5 . I don't know but seems like the league is shapeing into quite a race for the title.

larbo
Waterboy

Post by larbo »

lightle04 what tape measure are you using. I am sure some have grown but that much. We will see how the season plays out. I hope that coach Fitch and his Eagles repeat this year he is a good coach and guy and he has some very good kids to coach. I do see them being very competitive again this season but they did lose a lot inside and I see that being their weakest area. What is their scrimmage schedule would love to come and see them play.

Lightle04
SE

Re: SOC I 2010-11

Post by Lightle04 »

I don't know I'm going off of just standing beside them and I'm about 5'9 so I would guess I'm within an inch or so I saw easterns boy this summer at different events I'm not saying there a lock for the league but I will say there a lock to be one of the top 3 I saw every team in our league play this summer but symms valley , clay is to slow for them and way to shaky at guard,new Boston is to small and can't score with them, green if there bigs play doesn't have enough depth to play at there tempo for a whole game I see notre dame and eastern haveing a couple close games this year there the two I think will compeat for the crown but all the teams I have metioned are really good teams the team that can stay healthy all season will be the champ I think cause the top 4 or 5 can beat each other on any given night can't wait to see them all play lots of good teams .

rockyraccoon
All Conference

Post by rockyraccoon »

Clay will not be slow. Valentine, Bussler and Delotell and Burchett all have speed. Depends on what style of play Coach Trainer runs this year. He will be the X factor on this squad. He has the talent, depends on what he does with it. He can play 2 bigs or run and gun. We will all find out soon enough with scrimmage games just around the corner.

Hoggy
SEOP

Post by Hoggy »

Gotta go with the Boys from Beaver.

jimmy chipwood
All Conference

Post by jimmy chipwood »

The height of basketball players has been inconsistent for years. When I was in school we got are physicals done at school (usually) with are shoes on. Some coaches go by what the physicals say, others go by what they think or see, and some go by what the kid actually tells them. Bottom line is almost every basketball player at every level is counting their shoes and an extra half inch or so. For example when I played and still today I was listed at 5'11 when in reality without shoes I am 5'9. So subtract about 2 inches from every kids height and you have the truth without shoes.

arrowman
Riding the Bench

Post by arrowman »

jimmy chipwood wrote:The height of basketball players has been inconsistent for years. When I was in school we got are physicals done at school (usually) with are shoes on. Some coaches go by what the physicals say, others go by what they think or see, and some go by what the kid actually tells them. Bottom line is almost every basketball player at every level is counting their shoes and an extra half inch or so. For example when I played and still today I was listed at 5'11 when in reality without shoes I am 5'9. So subtract about 2 inches from every kids height and you have the truth without shoes.
Did you really play the game with no shoes on? I wish that I could have watched that.
Just for kicks, check out what Howie Caldwell lists for his Eastern Eagles. In recent history he has listed about 3 inches short. Based on his knowledge of everything else basketball related, I have to believe that this is intentional, might help keep others off balance.
Really, does height matter, you're 5'9" and I am 6'1", how do you think this would play a part in a match-up? What advantage do I have?

jimmy chipwood
All Conference

Post by jimmy chipwood »

Height doesnt matter nearly as much as weight/strength does when it comes to getting inside post position and defensive rebounding. The advantage of height comes into play more with offensive team rebounding because nobody boxes out. There are almost no true post players in high school basketball who play with their back to the basket for the majority of a game. This type of player is almost extinct at the high school level.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

He will be the X factor on this squad. (meaning Trainer)

thankfully the mad professor is still there. MD

Doc Panther
JV Team

Post by Doc Panther »

arrowman wrote:
jimmy chipwood wrote:The height of basketball players has been inconsistent for years. When I was in school we got are physicals done at school (usually) with are shoes on. Some coaches go by what the physicals say, others go by what they think or see, and some go by what the kid actually tells them. Bottom line is almost every basketball player at every level is counting their shoes and an extra half inch or so. For example when I played and still today I was listed at 5'11 when in reality without shoes I am 5'9. So subtract about 2 inches from every kids height and you have the truth without shoes.
Did you really play the game with no shoes on? I wish that I could have watched that.
Just for kicks, check out what Howie Caldwell lists for his Eastern Eagles. In recent history he has listed about 3 inches short. Based on his knowledge of everything else basketball related, I have to believe that this is intentional, might help keep others off balance.
Really, does height matter, you're 5'9" and I am 6'1", how do you think this would play a part in a match-up? What advantage do I have?
Arch Justus of Clay did this every year.....usually 2 or 3 inches shorter for everyone....especially the big men.

Our 2 centers back in 1966 were listed as 6'2" but were every bit of 6'4" or 6'5"....which was tall back in those days.

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

Hope the Eagles bring home another conference crown. I will be pulling for them all the way. but, with what Clay has back, they would have to be the favorite. The Eagles lost a ton to graduation last season including all of their post game, but I do believe the pieces are there to fill the cracks, but the pieces are very young. Best of luck to Coach Fitch and the Eagles!

Primetime
Waterboy

Post by Primetime »

ok just to make it clear 60'6" is a guard (zk) from western who graduated a few years ago. so he has an idea of what the soc is, but like most people doesnt respect pike county.
Last edited by Primetime on Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rockyraccoon
All Conference

Post by rockyraccoon »

Prime Time, you may be Short Time on here. It's against the site's policy to post a user's name. You might want to make an edit.

larbo
Waterboy

Post by larbo »

I did hear that Eastern got a Western tansfer this year and if so that will make the Eagles team a little more solid if they can control the attitude. Good luch coach Fitch and the Eagles this year hope you guy have a great season.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

If by some chance the transfer Satterfield gets to play this year I really believe and this not a shot at any of the other players at Eastern but I see him starting he is one of the top 10 all around players in the league and probabley one of the top 5 offensive players he makes them along with the rest of the players Thornsberry,Lands, Cisco,Watkins,Pikkett,Lykins,and company a real favorite for the league not that there not without him but with him that's alot of good players.

blockcharge
Freshman Team

Post by blockcharge »

Green has another big man this year who has really come into his own. Better watch out for TJ Mc Cloud. Had a very good jr year in Baseball, a grest year in Football, and looking for him to have a great year in basketball. The kid is just a good ball player no matter the size or shape of the ball.

Return to “Boys Basketball”