Chesapeake 2010-11

mcstephen10
Riding the Bench

Chesapeake 2010-11

Post by mcstephen10 »

does anyone know who is looking at copley?

avalanche
JV Team

Re: chesapeake

Post by avalanche »

My guess is d2 and d3 schools. Nathan is a fine player and will make a college coach very happy.

McMaster is getting a lot of d1 attention I hear.

buckey fan
Waterboy

Post by buckey fan »

The Big Kennedy player has been getting several d1, d2 & d3 looks, too.
This team should do very well again next year, especially with Kennedy, McMaster and
the Copley kid back. Their JV players should be able to give alot of support, also.
Anyone got any thoughts about what style games ( up-tempo or control) will be
played this winter.

claypantherfan
All State

Post by claypantherfan »

it is peake it will be up tempo for them like usual

avalanche
JV Team

Post by avalanche »

I find it very difficult to think Kennedy is getting d1 looks. I would be very very surprised if that happened.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

avalanche wrote:I find it very difficult to think Kennedy is getting d1 looks. I would be very very surprised if that happened.

I would say that Kennedy and Copley will both end up signing with a D2,D3, or potentially an NAIA school. Kennedy is from Kentucky so I would not be suprised to see him at a Pikeville, Asbury, or Georgetown College . At the moment I dont see D1 out of McMaster but he is young and has room to grow both physically and in other aspects of the game so who knows what will happen.
Last edited by TribeManiac10 on Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Charge
Varsity

Post by Charge »

I could see Copley getting a look, he can handle the ball, he is pretty quick, good shooter and is around 6'3.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

At the moment I dont see D1 out of McMaster but he is young and has room to grow both physically and in other aspects of the game so who knows what will happen

Good thing you are not a college coach. I know for a fact OU,William and Mary, Northern Kentucky, Eastern Kentucky, Princeton, and St. Francis have all requested game film from him. I would say he has the attention of D1 schools. McMaster is 6'5-6'6 and still growing, a good athlete, runs the floor well, rebounds, passes well, plays above the rim, and the main thing, he's a perimeter player. He averaged 16 pts a game as a sophomore and shot the ball very well from 3, I am not sure what it is you are looking for in a d1 prospect, but whatever it is you must be missing it. He is far better imo then say Drew Spradlin as a sophomore, who was a d1 player. Being d1 is all about upside, and his upside is huge.

BigEast23
Waterboy

Post by BigEast23 »

:122245
Last edited by BigEast23 on Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Is this an attempt at humor?

OU was that team that just beat Georgetown in the NCAA tourny. Princeton is that team that is famous for that offense. William and Mary is the team that hit like 15 3's on UNC in the NIT. ;-) :roll:

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

St. Francis, weren't they a numer #1 seed in the NCAA tourny a few years back?

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

peake wrote:St. Francis, weren't they a numer #1 seed in the NCAA tourny a few years back?

Are you thinking of St Joe's?
Also, I'm guessing BigEast23 was asking about Northern Kentucky who is DII.

BigEast23
Waterboy

Post by BigEast23 »

:122245 :122245
Last edited by BigEast23 on Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

peake wrote:
At the moment I dont see D1 out of McMaster but he is young and has room to grow both physically and in other aspects of the game so who knows what will happen

Good thing you are not a college coach. I know for a fact OU,William and Mary, Northern Kentucky, Eastern Kentucky, Princeton, and St. Francis have all requested game film from him. I would say he has the attention of D1 schools. McMaster is 6'5-6'6 and still growing, a good athlete, runs the floor well, rebounds, passes well, plays above the rim, and the main thing, he's a perimeter player. He averaged 16 pts a game as a sophomore and shot the ball very well from 3, I am not sure what it is you are looking for in a d1 prospect, but whatever it is you must be missing it. He is far better imo then say Drew Spradlin as a sophomore, who was a d1 player. Being d1 is all about upside, and his upside is huge.

I am in no way trying to put him down and I agree he has the skill set to compete but he is not there physically yet. He probably weighs 150lbs soaking wet and would be thrown around by a decent mid-major 2 or 3 man. If he dedicates himself in the weight room as well as on the court he could very well go to one of those schools.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

I actually talked to his dad today, he is a solid 175 now and is in the weight room with the football and basketball team, and last time I heard he was pressing close to 200 lbs.

I think what is being forgotten is the kid was a sophomore last year, he still has two more years of high school to get better, bigger, etc. I don't think he is done growing either.

I also heard he got a letter from Nebraska for football, interesting.

BigEast23
Waterboy

Post by BigEast23 »

:122248
Last edited by BigEast23 on Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Lots of kids get letters from schools that doesnt say a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually kids just don't get random letters from HUGE d1 schools, especially sophomores that have yet to play a lot of varsity. Upside is the name of the game boys, I know what I am talking about, I do it for a living (work for scout).

Austin has an excellent shot to play d1 basketball, I have talked to the coaches, the evaluations are happening, believe me.

BigEast23
Waterboy

Post by BigEast23 »

:122248
Last edited by BigEast23 on Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

I guess we will have to agree to disagree.

Kids get letters, mostly after they actually play at the varsity level, and the list you are talking about, the coaches decide which schools their kids are most likely to get realistic looks. I am well aware of how it works, but most coaches are not putting a kid who is a d3 player on any lists to Michigan or Ohio State. Most kids never see a d1 letter that requests film, they mostly invite them to come to their camps. I found out Cincy and Indiana have also been in contact for football as well. Like I said, I am well aware of how this all works.

I am not trying to say you don't know talent, but I do this for a living. Austin can play. He competes in AAU against top competition. He has been traveling all over playing top competition and will be joining another team in a few weeks to compete in a very big tourny with over 300 college coaches there.

I don't know why you are saying no way he doesn't play big time. He is a sophomore, the kid will only get better. Rarely do you see a very good player get worse over two years. Is Xavier big enough for you? Sweet 16 last year. Is that good enough? If Austin was at Elder or Moller he would already have big schools after him.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

This conversation is getting out of control anyways. I am not going to be a part of a conversation that is bringing a kid down. He is a soph who is only going to get better. Time will tell what happends.

Return to “Boys Basketball”