SOC2 2010-11

Who wins it?

Total votes: 0

all-time athlete
JV Team

Re: soc 2 10-11

Post by all-time athlete »

I wont give any predictions this early...but I will make a bold statement and say that Jeremy Blankenship and Kenny Crabtree could very easily be in the top 5 players coming out of the SOC next year. It sounds crazy now but just watch and see

all-time athlete
JV Team

Post by all-time athlete »

I wont give any predictions this early...but I will make a bold statement and say that Jeremy Blankenship and Kenny Crabtree of Northwest could very easily be in the top 5 players coming out of the SOC next year. It sounds crazy now but just watch and see

Tripleplay
Freshman Team

Post by Tripleplay »

Predicting another fun season of basketball in the SOC II. Top 5 teams can beat each other all season long. Personally, I think it is a well balanced league. Whoever wins the league, I say will have 3 league losses.

1: Waverly- Martin and Kretzer (sp??) will be tough to stop. Good shooting and strong kids
2: Oak Hill- Coach P will have them ready to play, and some solid returners who know how to win
3: South Webster- Many returners with experience. Are they physical enough to beat top 2?
4: Burg- Look for a better season this year! Could finish first, but will see who is actually playing after football before moving them up.

5: Valley- Yates will win some games by himself. Can also move up to 2-3 in league by the end.

All 3 at the bottom have lost some good talent, but all 3 have good coaches too.
6: Northwest-
7: West
8: Minford

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

As I stated last year:

1. Injuries will play a role in the order of finish in the SOC.
2. Some players will not come out this year that played and contributed last year.
3. Some team will pick up a player that did not play last year and they will contribute.
4. Football playoff runs will impact a few teams early.

In other words, its too early to list an order.

waverly34
Waterboy

Re: SOC2 2010-11

Post by waverly34 »

valleys a sleeper....i dont see how that is though..you only have the best player in the county!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (and a good freshman cast)

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

one player doesnt win games. they have the best player in Scioto county, not the SOC. They 'll be real good in a few years with the freshman they have coming up though

Seops Guest
Waterboy

Post by Seops Guest »

Swanker Pine wrote:one player doesnt win games. they have the best player in Scioto county, not the SOC. They 'll be real good in a few years with the freshman they have coming up though
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

I think Martin and possibly Kretzer might have something to say about that best player quote !

Curious George
Riding the Bench

Post by Curious George »

I remember when Stegman from Burg burst onto the scene early in his HS career. How much has he been able to improve within his career? I haven't had a chance to watch him much the last year or so, and noticed what seemed like a decline in his productivity. I'm certain that a lot of that has to do with teams' focus on him as the Pirates main weapon. Just curious (goes along with the name I suppose lol). I was very impressed with him in the times that I've seen him play.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Stegman struggled to get points last year due to the lack of outside shooting for the Pirates. Everyone went to a zone and packed the middle and dared someone to be able to beat them from the outside. Hopefully having Schankweiler back this year will help correct this and open the middle for Stegman to have a great senior season.

Trivium5
Freshman Team

Post by Trivium5 »

The SOCII will be really tough this year. Waverly has some good talent returning as does SW and Wheelersburg. Those three teams always seem they have a great team from year to year and I expect them to be in the top three. The key to the league title this year will be bench depth, and avoiding the injury bug. But aside from all that, Kretzer and Martin will be really tough to stop. Kelly is a maturing guard who will help distribute the ball to those two players. I don't know too much about SW but they do have some talent and Wheelersburg returns Stegman and Schankweiler who are tremendous athletes. But I'm looking forward to this 2010-2011 basketball season and counting down the days. Good luck to all the teams!

oak_a_holic
Freshman Team

Post by oak_a_holic »

Why is Oak Hill not on the poll?

jeep80
Varsity

Post by jeep80 »

oak_a_holic wrote:Why is Oak Hill not on the poll?
South Webster as well. 2 favorites left off the poll. Go figure.

soccerfix
Varsity

Post by soccerfix »

Maybe this is the football poll.

oak_a_holic
Freshman Team

Post by oak_a_holic »

In the basketball forum?

soccerfix
Varsity

Post by soccerfix »

oak_a_holic wrote:In the basketball forum?
If you would notice Oakie, the listed teams are the SOC II football league.

Ace
Freshman Team

Post by Ace »

Waverly has too many votes for it to be the football poll. :)

crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

Post by crazee-oakaholic »

Put the oaks in there i wanna vote for them!

eaglegrad
Riding the Bench

Post by eaglegrad »

I would take Yates and Kretzer as the best two players in the league. Martin very good, I would still take yates over Martin with the game on the line.

1. Waverly (if Martin is healthy, heard he may have a foot fracture)
2. Wheelersburg (what can I say, its burg and they will be in it.)
3. South Webster ( very athletic)
4. Oak Hill / Valley (Oak Hill has good coaching and success from football should carry over) (Valley has Yates who will win some games himself, but needs some other team members to step up if they want to compete for the top.)
5. West
6. Northwest
7. Minford

milkman
Waterboy

Post by milkman »

1.oak hill- they have a nice group of seniors many who were on the state championship team....... and Norm
2. Burg- If everyone stays healthy
3. SW/Waverly- Both can beat any of the above on any given night!
4. Valley- the future is bright with the incoming freshmen, 2 years from now they could be talking about regionals
5. Minford- with the falcons you never know who will show up day to day
6. NW/West- Hopefully these two will get better and make for an even more competitive league

Return to “Boys Basketball”