SVC 2010-11

Who wins it?

Total votes: 0

R-STREAK
Riding the Bench

Re: SVC 2010-11

Post by R-STREAK »

SEfan2007 wrote:lets see how loud the piketon faithful are about half way thru the year.
what about some of the other teams, or have the other schools just forfeited before they have to play the streaks :aaaaa86
WOW.... real nice post....ride off somewhere on your little horsey stick.....and pirate sword...

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

trojandave wrote:If Piketon doesn't win the SVC, it would be a major upset......I saw the Streaks this summer, and liked what I saw.......the gold ball is a possibility at PHS in 2010-2011.......although games at Huntington and Zane Trace have given the Redstreaks trouble in years past.
It would suprise me if Zane Trace posed much of a threat this season. Tripp is really the only major contributor returning.

SEfan2007
Riding the Bench

Post by SEfan2007 »

R-STREAK wrote:
SEfan2007 wrote:lets see how loud the piketon faithful are about half way thru the year.
what about some of the other teams, or have the other schools just forfeited before they have to play the streaks :aaaaa86
WOW.... real nice post....ride off somewhere on your little horsey stick.....and pirate sword...
what was wrong with my post? last year the streaks were supposed to dominate as well...what is everyones thoughts on the other teams? who lost who, who returns?

bballin
JV Team

Post by bballin »

Piketon will be tough again this year

chef_piketon
JV Team

Post by chef_piketon »

In the category of what has Piketon done lately...
2004 - Won SVC; defeated in Districts by Chesapeake...beaten in Regionals
2005 - 2nd in SVC; defeated in Districts by Ironton...beaten State Finals
2006 - ? in SVC; beaten in Sectional Finals by Adena...beaten in Districts
2007 - 7? in SVC; beaten in Sectionals by Eastern Brown...beaten in Sectional Finals
2008 - 3rd in SVC; defeated in Districts by Wheelersburg...beaten in Regionals
2009 - Won (tied) SVC; defeated in State Semi Finals by State Champ
2010 - 2nd in SVC; defeated in Districts by Chesapeake...beaten in States by State Champ

...In The Chef's mind, not too bad of a recent run for an SVC team. And if not for the misfortune of running into 2 State Bound teams in the Districts...maybe a few more wins. Where the Streaks end up this year, well who knows. As we learned a couple years ago, you never know when the stars are going to align and a team breaks through. Go Streaks!

Bear42
Freshman Team

Post by Bear42 »

SEfan2007 wrote:
R-STREAK wrote:
what was wrong with my post? last year the streaks were supposed to dominate as well...what is everyones thoughts on the other teams? who lost who, who returns?

Is someone jealous because their Panthers will be competing to stay out of the bottom spot?

My thoughts:
1. Piketon--Gold Ball perhaps; seems like Legg and Brush have been there forever!
2. Huntington--some early practicing may help Uhrig's troops; knocks off the big boys, but always loses games they should win!!!
3. Westfall--always competitive; Smith can be dominant
4. Zane Trace--lost a lot and some early season injuries might hurt
5. Unioto--good guards; no size
6. Paint Valley--some good returns, could compete for a top 4 finish
7. Southeastern--good young players, but too inconsistent to knock off one of the big dawgs
8. Adena--might be another rough year for the Warriors; maybe some volleyball and football sucess will rub off.

SEfan2007
Riding the Bench

Post by SEfan2007 »

Is someone jealous because their Panthers will be competing to stay out of the bottom spot?

not at all , panthers are indeed young. Was merely trying to have a conversation about the league and upcoming year.

nice guy
Varsity

Post by nice guy »

I think the Streaks run away with the league.

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

Unioto will have 6'4 senior Davis, 6'6 junior Warner, and 6'5 soph Detillion. they will be bigger than people think.

oldman2
Waterboy

Post by oldman2 »

Piketon is the team to beat. Hard to see anyone else challenging them for the title.

jm1919
Freshman Team

Post by jm1919 »

Don't under estimate your opponents or you might end up losing to a Panther, Sherman,or Warrior!!!
Look at the Jackson / Wellston football Game ending a 19 yr winning streak
It's easy to talk about it, but the Games still have to beplayed.

Bear42
Freshman Team

Post by Bear42 »

bengalfan76 wrote:Unioto will have 6'4 senior Davis, 6'6 junior Warner, and 6'5 soph Detillion. they will be bigger than people think.
I apologize. I know the Davis kid. I guess I didn't realize how tall he was. I am not aware of the other two. Is there muscle there or just height?
I've never seen Unioto do well in the big boy department though. The last one I can really remember that was dominant was of course, Hartsock.

Xtoxxviii
All State

Post by Xtoxxviii »

I like the U's chances this season

JIMMY THE GREEK
All Conference

Post by JIMMY THE GREEK »

Xtoxxviii wrote:I like the U's chances this season

"Stay thirsty my friend" :122245

3 Step Drop
Freshman Team

Post by 3 Step Drop »

Huntington will give Piketon problems like they do every year. The Huntsmen might not be the most talented team but their is a reason they are called Hustlin' Huntsmen. Uhrig will have his boys ready to go with a talented bunch coming up this year they will be disciplined and with Gragg in the post, i like my chances with Huntington in split tie with Piketon.

Bear42
Freshman Team

Post by Bear42 »

Can everyone post their team's projected starters for the 2010-2011. I'm curious to see what everyone has. I can't recall who has graduated and who returns. I have heard though that a few teams have some early season injuries though. Good luck to all SVC athletes this Winter.

Big D23
Riding the Bench

Post by Big D23 »

Piketon will win the league, golden ball? That's a big statement, but realistic for the talent they have. Even Legg will do his thing just like he always has. With the experience between Legg and Brush that will carry the STREAKS far this upcoming season. with a strong supporting cast with Clutch shooter vulgamore, Beast defender in Helton, And in my eyes the biggest help and role player on this team this year moore.

huntsmen wide
Riding the Bench

Post by huntsmen wide »

i think huntington will give piketon problems just like they always do. mikey smith will play a big roll all season long for the huntsmen him and gragg will dominate in the post. i look for huntington to be a contender this year they lost some key playes last year but gain some talent back. so watch out for the huntsmen.

iwearblacknikes
S

Post by iwearblacknikes »

I look for Bowman, Brabson, Farmer, and Moore from Piketon to step up and get some quality PT this year. Only sophomores but a lot of talent in that class

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

huntsmen wide wrote:i think huntington will give piketon problems just like they always do. mikey smith will play a big roll all season long for the huntsmen him and gragg will dominate in the post. i look for huntington to be a contender this year they lost some key playes last year but gain some talent back. so watch out for the huntsmen.
Clay just beat Huntington in a scrimmage (I know it doesn't count, but is an indicator of general talent level). huntington will not challenge the Streaks. The SVC has had excellent teams at the top (Piketon, Zane Trace, and Westfall) the last couple of seasons. I think this season it will be the Streaks dominating every single game in conference with some average to very poor teams playing for second place.

Return to “Boys Basketball”