Gallia Academy Blue Devils

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Gallia Academy Blue Devils

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Did anyone attend yesterday morning's scrimmage with Eastern Meigs? If so, who is playing and how did they look so far?

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Re: Gallia Academy Blue Devils

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

bump

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Does anyone know anything about them?

PTownhoops
Riding the Bench

Post by PTownhoops »

Yes I do.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Would you care to share, PTownhoops?

PTownhoops
Riding the Bench

Post by PTownhoops »

Will wait until the season begins.

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

I thought they looked very slow at the previews with Portsmouth. They do have some really tall boys though so I am guessing they will be playing a half court offense because the speed is not there.

PTownhoops
Riding the Bench

Post by PTownhoops »

Would have had two other 6'7" gentlemen if they didn't transfer. One would really help.

one Oak
JV Team

Post by one Oak »

Oak Hill is at GAHS on Tuesday, 11/24/15 @ 6:00 for a foundation game.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

left after 3 quarters of foundation game, blue devils were up 38-20. saw some good things and some things blue devils will need to improve on. I hope as season goes on that the team will be able to continue to rotate the 9 or 10 kids that played tonight. They all bring different things to the table. think this team will be able to go big when to there advantage and may be able to go small to compete when they have to. the small line up very young though.

JV Team

Post by 1906 »

good deal

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

I look forward to watching them play at Coal Grove Tuesday evening, to open the OVC campaign.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

i won't see them tuesday as i am heading up to convo to watch marshall and ohio u that night. the one thing i will say is i know this was a scrimmage game and over a holiday weekend but as has been the case as blue devil basketball for years. they need to get some excitement in fan base. they have no home court advantage in there.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Agreed!

PTownhoops
Riding the Bench

Post by PTownhoops »

When you win fans tend to come on board. Gallia Academy fans r no different.

Should have never got rid of THE WIZZARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There is a coach that lives in Gallipolis now that could get it going the right way. Don't know if he would give up his current gig.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

well the problem i speak of is not only about fan support actually for foundation game it was not a bad size crowd. actually besides for river valley game one of biggest home crowds i have scene but it was silent. no noise at all. And i think they are headed in right direction maybe just not as fast as people would like.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Well after seeing blue devils against river valley. I like this team but they really need to learn to finish a game. Very sloppy 4th quarter and foul shooting about killed them. hopefully they will continue to get better this year. i think the worse this team ends up is 9-13. but could see them finishing better. was strange to see kple carter and wes jarrell basically taking on the job as roll players as cornwell and peck really controlled this game.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Really surprised they beat RV. I think it may be a tough season for the Raiders.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

svac83 wrote:Well after seeing blue devils against river valley. I like this team but they really need to learn to finish a game. Very sloppy 4th quarter and foul shooting about killed them. hopefully they will continue to get better this year. i think the worse this team ends up is 9-13. but could see them finishing better. was strange to see kple carter and wes jarrell basically taking on the job as roll players as cornwell and peck really controlled this game.

Lack of finishing the game was what cost them a win at Coal Grove. The Hornets out-hustled and out-shot the Blue Devils to win that game.

JV Team

Post by 1906 »

its still early

Return to “Boys Basketball”