Congrats to Piketon Head Coach Jeff Lisath

JIMMY THE GREEK
All Conference

Congrats to Piketon Head Coach Jeff Lisath

Post by JIMMY THE GREEK »

I heard last night on the radio that Coach Lisath became the first person ever to be inducted in the Portsmouth High School Hall of Fame three times. Jeff was placed in the Hall of Fame in 1983 for being named Twice as an All-Ohio basketball player in 1977 & 1978 (both Class AA & AAA) and last night was inducted twice for being a member of the 1978 State Championship Team and Asst. Coach of the 1988 State Championship Team. Congrats Coach L. I'm told the Piketon Final 4 banner will go up the first home game this season...another great accomplishment.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: Congrats to Piketon Head Coach Jeff Lisath

Post by pfloyd »

... Congratulations to Coach Lisath - a classier coach would be hard to find, one of those individuals who represents ALL of Southern/Southeastern Ohio basketball where ever he goes ... hard to find a coach who will come on a social/sports forum and "speak" to the masses both friend/foe; supporter/critic - Coach Lisath does just that ...as a supporter of high school hoops Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line your openness, willingness to rub elbows with "us"- the "cheap seat guys" - we thank you , and congratulate you ...

... looking forward to being healthy this hoop season so I can get out from the very beginning of the season and follow Piketon hoops as well as ALL hoop teams Below the Line once again ... Best of luck Coach Lisath ...

chef_piketon
JV Team

Post by chef_piketon »

The Chef says congrats to Coach Lisath. Coach L is a legend at Piketon also and is the schools all-time winningest basketball coach as he received that award at a home game this past season. Piketon has a gem in him at the helm of the Streaks representing the RedStreak Nation.
With the Piketon Final Four banner going up, that stirs some incredible memories where Streaks lived the dream. Go Streaks!

Jeff Lisath
JV Team

Post by Jeff Lisath »

jimmy, pfloyd, chef,

Thanks for the kind words! A special thanks to Eugene Collins and Joe Albrecht for putting this together for the State Championship Teams. It was certainly a special night to see my teammates and coaches again. I wish everyone would've made it down to P-town, we had a lot of fun telling stories of our incredible run in the 70's and 80's.

I've been blessed over the years to enjoy the success of the game. I attribute all of it to God first and all of my great teammates and coaches. As a player, my teammates made me a better player and as a coach it has always been my assistant coaches that worked tirelessly to make us better. I owe it to God to share my story or journey with everyone I encounter in the sport.

Also I would be remiss without mentioning the coaches that made a very positive impact on my life. Starting from Bantam League Jack Horton, Dave Chabot, and Charles Huddleston. My Jr high coaches Tom Johnson, and the man that help me realize you can mix "God and Basketball" Shurl Shoemaker. My high school coaches Don Nurse, Mike Sherman, Jack Gee, Rick Hopkins, Bob Doll, Tom Smith and the coach that I love and respect most Richard "Dick" Hopkins who led us to the 1978 State Title. I will never take any of this for granted...I will be forever grateful to everything and everyone I mentioned above.

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

Congrats Jeff

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

congradulations Jeff, Whether you guys all know it or not but you touched a lot of people in our generation, watching that era of the Trojans is something I will cherish forever in my life!

Ryanexpress
Varsity
Location: Being yelled at by hundreds of fans on any given night

Post by Ryanexpress »

CONGRATS Coach!
Well deserving!

Jeremy Linkous

Coach Coreno
Waterboy

Post by Coach Coreno »

Congrats Jeff! Well Deserved!

55pt73
Waterboy

Post by 55pt73 »

Congrat's coach Lisath. You are a class act and one to be emulated. I will never forget how you stood up for my son 2 years ago in the District 14 coaches poll when you didn't have to, and my son was from Peebles. Thank you for putting kids first!

JIMMY THE GREEK
All Conference

So, Coach L. When does open gym start and what is your take on the up-coming season for the Streaks? Any new faces? Summer surprises?

Coach Kelley
Freshman Team

Post by Coach Kelley »

Congrats Jeff! My pleasure working with you...my opinion you are the best! God truly blesses those who love and keep his commandments. Sometimes, those rewards come in the way of championships! God Bless you and your family!

Jeff Lisath
JV Team

Post by Jeff Lisath »

I appreciate all of the kind words...thanks!

jimmy,

I think we will be a mystery team. We lost a ton of talent, that included 4 starters and our 6th man. But not just that we lost Evan Legg who in my mind will go down in history as one of the SVC all-time greats. I still believe we have some young talent that can and will compete. We spent the entire summer without my lone returning starter Craigen Moore and Zach Farmer who also started a couple of games and played major minutes. Both young men will make a huge impact on the success of our team. Isaac Brabson and Tyler Collier will have some big shoes to fill in replacing Evan Legg, both young men are very capable of becoming outstanding point guards. We also have a good group of kids that played reserve and had a very good summer, add to that a nice mix of solid freshmen and two transfers (one from Indiana and one from Waverly)...it could be a formula for disaster or a very dangerous team. Time will tell...work ethics and attitudes we great this summer and the kids believe they can win. We are currently in the weight room, open gym starts October 3rd.

hbk2016
Varsity

Post by hbk2016 »

Who is the Waverly transfer?

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

Evan Ferguson moved into the district.

JIMMY THE GREEK
All Conference

Coach L. give me some info on the kid from Indiana? Ht. Wt. grade and can he play?

mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

Let's hope he's at least 6'7", about 230, and mean as a junkyard dog who loves to rebound, play defense, and own the paint!

Green Dough
Waterboy

Post by Green Dough »

Congrats Coach Lisath! You know you are the man. You old cat you!
I haven't heard of a kid from Indiana. Inform us when ya can?
I believe that you are 100% right in your post. I look forward to watching you guys at the classic. I also have heard Ferguson is there now. Eastern's Watkins is on the way? Heard that from staff over in Beaver. Things just keep looking better and better. No matter what, you will manage it all to a tremendous season. Good luck Coach L.

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

open gym is tomorrow night at 6:00

Jeff Lisath
JV Team

Post by Jeff Lisath »

Green Dough,

Thanks for your comments. The transfer from Indiana is Austin Buchanan; he is a junior, about 6'2 very athletic, he is going to need some work on the basics. Kyle Miller will be in charge of developing his game prior to his departure for Australia. With the right attitude and work ethic, he could develop into a nice player for us down the road. I was blessed to see Craigen Moore back in open gym Monday night. I'm very excited to get started this year!

jeep80
Varsity

Post by jeep80 »

Congrats from an old Jeep fan. I remember you playing when I was in school. (Not saying YOU are old though :-D ) Glad you are doing so well and I hope to make it up North and catch a Piketon game one day.

Return to “Boys Basketball”