Post by vchoops »

http://vinton.k12.oh.us/sports/bbasket/ ... hedule.htm

Varsity schedule here, although foundation game vs Unioto might be at Unioto

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: TVC-Ohio

Post by 93Bulldog »

thx vchoops ...

I'm almost done typing all the schedules up and posting them on the web site - they will be located near the bottom under the football scheudles until the gridiron season is over - then I will move them up.

CoyDuke
Freshman Team

Post by CoyDuke »

Wellston is completely out of it, prater and Osborne are not playing this year
They'll play. They start rumors like this because they love the attention.

Caulker10
Freshman Team

Post by Caulker10 »

I'm related to one of them, there not playing.. Nothing about attention..

Space Cowboy
SEO

Post by Space Cowboy »

Billybobb wrote:VC could have rough year to many me's on the floor not enough team play.NYand Athens will be at the top ,alex looking for upsets
Dont know much about VC, do you?

boilermaker
SE

Re: TVC-Ohio 2010-11

Post by boilermaker »

Good Luck to the Rockets . I beleive they will compete against anyone they play. Play with Pride guys play hard . :mrgreen:

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Space Cowboy wrote:
Billybobb wrote:VC could have rough year to many me's on the floor not enough team play.NYand Athens will be at the top ,alex looking for upsets
'
Obviously u know nothing about VC, they are all about team first, thats why they are the class of the TVC and theyre JV teams could beat some TVC teams.

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

Give Coach Combs credit ,,he will not have " me's" on his team.
Good program
Good luck Coach Combs and staff ,,,,except against the Rockets.

Space Cowboy
SEO

Post by Space Cowboy »

Viking96 wrote:
Space Cowboy wrote:
'
Obviously u know nothing about VC, they are all about team first, thats why they are the class of the TVC and theyre JV teams could beat some TVC teams.
Viking 96, If you mean me, then I keep up with VC quite well... and you need to re read the posts.
If you mean Billybobb, then I agree 100%.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

GO BUCKS GO!!!!!!

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

meigs COULD be very good this year. they have a 10th grader who is 6'8" and some excellent front court players to go with cameron b. if they can find a point guard they may be really good. hopefully the tvc will see a new outlook in rocksprings.

coach_k
JV Team

Post by coach_k »

Yes Meigs could be good this year IF they can get a Point Guard, but that is going to be a difficult task unless there is some new talent that I'm unaware of right now. All I know is the ones that I am figuring that's going to be starting is a turnover waiting to happen. I'd like to say differently but I have seen these point guards turning the ball over for over 6 years now. Meigs bench isn't going to be very deep this year either, yes there will be very talented boys, but I don't think ready for the change of pace to the varsity level yet.

We lost Taylor to Southern this year but that won't hurt us as much as losing our top JV player last year in Roberts..He could have easily started Varsity last year and fit in perfectly.

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

if they teach the kids how to be a point guard, then they will have 1. if they go on putting the kid with the flashest style( but little talent) they won't. that is when coaching is important. what we need more than anything is a way to convince kids to play when they are seniors instead of quitting as fresmen.

1974Viking
Varsity

Post by 1974Viking »

fasteach. Good luck to the Meigs Basketball program this year. You all have had a lot of talent, still do on this years team. This could very well be the year your players put it all together. Meigs could be the surprise team in the TVC this season. The League is kind of open this year, as much as it has been over the last several years. It would be great to see your team play like they can, and near the top of the standings. Hopefully the negative type issues are behind you all and just move forward. If the players play like they can, everything else will fall into place. Pulling for you all the way, except of course against my Vinton Co Vikings.This could be the year tht Meigs turns in aroaund.

:aaaaa14

coach_k
JV Team

Post by coach_k »

fasteach wrote:if they teach the kids how to be a point guard, then they will have 1. if they go on putting the kid with the flashest style( but little talent) they won't. that is when coaching is important. what we need more than anything is a way to convince kids to play when they are seniors instead of quitting as fresmen.
I think to a degree that you can teach kids how to be a point guard, but when it comes to game time, you have to rely on something that really can't be taught, and this don't only involve point guards, but all 5 on the court. that being vision and being able to read the defense. You have to be able to have a feel and anticipate what the defense is going to give you. You can try to teach that in practice all you want, but game time it's different.

However what they can teach and what I see that could very well be a big problem this year if it's not taught and thats to get the point guard for Meigs to dribble the ball lower. The ones that I already know that are going to be at the position stand straight up and dribbles the ball waist high. That's going to be easily figured out and could get them in trouble. Just like last year, every team knew that the point was right hand dominate and very took it to his left side. Little things like that can make a huge difference.

I do think that they are really working with the kids this year and there will be a major improvement. I think this will be a breakout year for us.

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

coaching involves teaching kids how to react. granted talent has to be there but coaching involves harnessing that talent. without talent coaching is useless but without coaching talent is also useless. what i think is a huge problem right now is the lack of respect that meigs coaching staff has with the kids.
btw the coach has not worked with the kids at all this summer.

ovc fan
Varsity

Post by ovc fan »

Any good places to eat around the Vinton County High School? Chesapeake scrimmages them this Saturday and should be finished right about lunch time. Anything good besides the usual fast food places? Never been there personally.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Almost time!! I am excited to see the Buckeyes play in the newly renovated Ben Wagner Gymnasium.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

ovc fan wrote:Any good places to eat around the Vinton County High School? Chesapeake scrimmages them this Saturday and should be finished right about lunch time. Anything good besides the usual fast food places? Never been there personally.
If you like pizza...there is Mullins, Mama Renies, Percellies and Circle Pizza. All have dine in area. Main Eatery has some good food and a dine in area as well. McClures has good food, nice dining room, but the prices are a bit high.

Return to “Boys Basketball”