Re: TVC-Ohio 2010-11

Post by vchoops »

Orange and Brown,

Any pics of the gym?

Ty Webb
All State

Post by Ty Webb »

boilermaker wrote:OVCfan you are better off to stop in Wellston and eat.
Mama Renies only wants people from Vinton county in there.
Nice try Boiler.....at least our community has the ethics and foresight to keep our street lights on at night and run an ethical basketball program. :oops:

ovc fan
Varsity

Post by ovc fan »

Actually, ate at McDonalds in Wellston for breakfast. Then after the scrimmage we stopped at the Main Eatery. Wasnt impressed. They were out of everything. Haha. It took FOREVER to get the food and then when she brought it, it was wrong. Instead of chicken noodles, she brought chicken livers....yuck! Was a good scrimmage tho and a couple of nice little towns. I like Wellston and McArthur. Good luck to all of you guys this year!

Im All In
Waterboy

Post by Im All In »

Tried to tell you to go to Mama Renies.

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

No try I know for a fact how mama renies is and what has happened there!I should say I know how one individual was treated because of his choice of employment. I will leave it at that. :oops:

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Im All In wrote:Tried to tell you to go to Mama Renies.
I wouldn't eat there if I was starving and they were giving it away!

@nd_1
Freshman Team

Post by @nd_1 »

Ty Webb wrote:
boilermaker wrote:OVCfan you are better off to stop in Wellston and eat.
Mama Renies only wants people from Vinton county in there.
Nice try Boiler.....at least our community has the ethics and foresight to keep our street lights on at night and run an ethical basketball program. :oops:

Wellston would still have its lights on if it only had to light 10 of them! :122245

Poncho and Lefty
Waterboy

Post by Poncho and Lefty »

Coach Combs is a man among boys in the TVC. Vinton takes yet another TVC title....Solo.

mikethompson
Riding the Bench

Post by mikethompson »

athens or vinton .. maybe nelsonville and a stretch of meigs

Run Bubba Run
Freshman Team

Post by Run Bubba Run »

Has to be the Vikings. I would pick them even if they only had mediocre talent because of Coach Combs. He always seems to be a step ahead of the opposition and always has his team prepared. Now with the talent he has this year in third year starters Ward and Lawhead, they will contend for sure. I liked the way the Chesser kid looked in the Athens game last year. They may not go undefeated in the TVC, but they will win it.

delta.devil
Riding the Bench

Post by delta.devil »

I dont know much about some of the teams but I can tell you this:

Vinton always has something to work with when Combs is calling the shots.
Athens should still be in the SEOAL, and they shouldnt be too bad.
Alexander has a giant in the paint and will compete.
Wellston...no idea
Nelsonville may be decent.
Meigs will be a circus as always with ring master Ewing running the show.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

delta.devil wrote:I dont know much about some of the teams but I can tell you this:

Vinton always has something to work with when Combs is calling the shots.
Athens should still be in the SEOAL, and they shouldnt be too bad.
Alexander has a giant in the paint and will compete.
Wellston...no idea
Nelsonville may be decent.
Meigs will be a circus as always with ring master Ewing running the show.

Does he even have a .250 winning pct. (1 in 4) since he's been there ?

coach_k
JV Team

Post by coach_k »

I think Meigs is going to be a sleeper this year. They have had 3 scrimmages so far and they have looked very impressive. I know scrimmages can't really tell the success of how a team will be, but for what it's worth. Meigs beat the following 2 teams by 20 points Federal Hocking & Southern. However Belpre did outscore Meigs by 15-20 points in their scrimmage. They really seem to be playing as a team and they really look to have the offense down. Cameron Bolin being fully healthy really makes a difference and also having some very talented players coming off the bench. Dillon Boyer really is proving to be a pretty good point guard in his Sophomore year. I know I'm looking forward to the season to get started and hope all this hard work does pay off.

I will be the first to admit that I have really questioned Ewings coaching abilities in the past, but when I sit back and really think about the last few years of what he has had to deal with..Such as losing key players, implementing new offensive and defensive schemes..etc...... I have to say I am impressed with what I have seen this year as to date.

expert witness
Freshman Team

Post by expert witness »

coach K, the point guard position and especially the bench are by far the weakest spots for this meigs team. They had better pray they dont get into foul trouble because any substitution is going to hurt meigs badly.

coach_k
JV Team

Post by coach_k »

expert witness wrote:coach K, the point guard position and especially the bench are by far the weakest spots for this meigs team. They had better pray they dont get into foul trouble because any substitution is going to hurt meigs badly.
I beg to differ about about the bench comment, cause I know of 3 that can step in Cody Mattox, Dustin Ulbridge and Ryan Payne. Yes we will be thin on the bench for point guard...But the other boys I mentioned can step in and they won't miss a beat. Meigs has a lot more depth then what you think.

We played Trimble in the Preview in Athens tonight and won 29-25. And what I seen from the other teams, Meigs will be competing a lot more than what people think.

Hardwood
JV Team

Post by Hardwood »

I think Athens may have the deepest bench in the TVC, they can sub five at a time with no or little drop off.

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

Yeah imagine that a D-2 school having the deepest bench .

BIG FISH ..............small pond

Grinder
Freshman Team

Post by Grinder »

boilermaker wrote:Yeah imagine that a D-2 school having the deepest bench .

BIG FISH ..............small pond

I'm not from a TVC school but from reading these posts it sure sounds like people in the TVC are against Athens. If they win, it is because they are D2, if they lose they should have won. Is Athens the only D2 school in the TVC? I thought there were D2,D3 and D4 schools in the TVC. I guess with your attitude the D4 schools would never have a chance to win.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Vinton County is D-II ... Athens and Vinton have been in the same sectional for a long time ... Meigs use to be (and their girls still are).

Hardwood
JV Team

Post by Hardwood »

In 2007 Federal Hocking DIII had a great bench. I don't think it matters what size the school is on certain years a school has more athletes than other years. Athens has a lot of good players this year. They have several seniors that was on a two loss team last year and they have a good class of juniors. So I would guess Athens would be a front runner to win the Ohio. Not taking anything away from the other teams. I would throw Vinton Co., Alexander, Nelsonville and maybe Meigs as a surprise team in the mix as well.

Return to “Boys Basketball”