SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Meigs @ Eastern

Post by Orange and Brown »

Eastern

Hardwood
JV Team

Post by Hardwood »

Should be a good game. Meigs is big inside and Eastern has great shooting guards. I will go with Eastern.

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

Eastern

coach_k
JV Team

Post by coach_k »

Meigs

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

Eastern will come out with a win here......keep in mind the game is at Eastern.

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

Maximus wrote:Eastern will come out with a win here......keep in mind the game is at Eastern.

Yes and with Meigs having some bigs inside I am sure Howdy's boys in stripes will make sure they don't even breathe on his players. :mrgreen:

freethrow
Varsity

Post by freethrow »

Who will call the game? Farmer Yoder? A Rudder, Stick it to em? anyone know?

coach_k
JV Team

Post by coach_k »

I'm still saying Meigs with it being at Eastern, I honestly think Meigs has way more talent. Meigs even has several players on the bench that has more talent then Eastern starters.

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

Are you serious?

hardfowl
All State

Post by hardfowl »

Live on "The Frog" 92.1 FM and online at www.wyvk.com

cg 22
JV Team

Post by cg 22 »

Eastern

George Jones
Freshman Team

Post by George Jones »

Coach_K wrote:I'm still saying Meigs with it being at Eastern, I honestly think Meigs has way more talent. Meigs even has several players on the bench that has more talent then Eastern starters.

Thats a pretty bold statement for a team that won 1 game last year to a team that lost 2 games all year. I think I would win a couple games before I beat my chest.

expert witness
Freshman Team

Post by expert witness »

It wont matter with the officials at eastern. Eastern is THE shining example of what is wrong with the officiating in the TVC.

expert witness
Freshman Team

Post by expert witness »

George Jones, coach K must be a delusional parent. The players on the Meigs bench couldnt start for most JV teams.

coach_k
JV Team

Post by coach_k »

George Jones wrote:
Coach_K wrote:I'm still saying Meigs with it being at Eastern, I honestly think Meigs has way more talent. Meigs even has several players on the bench that has more talent then Eastern starters.

Thats a pretty bold statement for a team that won 1 game last year to a team that lost 2 games all year. I think I would win a couple games before I beat my chest.
I don't think it's too bold at all, Take a look at all the the Seniors and Starters Eastern lost this year and then look at Meigs. They lost 1 senior that only played his senior year. Meigs has totally revamped their starters and rotation of the bench. I mean the starting point guard last year is now the 3rd string point guard. Add in that Cameron Bolin is healthy so far this season and is a huge difference.

The only thing that worries me is I haven't seen how we will handle the press yet, I haven't seen how we will come back out with adjustments after the half this year. This year I think you will see a huge difference in Meigs Offense and especially the Heart of the boys.

I don't see Eastern getting many second and third shots in this game, I think Meigs ill dominate the boards on both ends on rebounds. But perhaps we will see tomorrow evening. I am just going by what I have seen this year that I haven't seen in previous years. A bunch of teams have graduated a lot of talent last season and the boys playing for Meigs now is a group of boys that dominated Eastern & Southern just a few short years ago. Yes I understand that because they won Championships at the 6th, 7th & 8th Grade levels don't mean everything...But they have also improved and are back to that unit and team that they once were.

I could be totally wrong though, Tomorrow will tell a lot how Meigs season will go. I hope my judgement and feeling is right!!!

coach_k
JV Team

Post by coach_k »

expert witness wrote:George Jones, coach K must be a delusional parent. The players on the Meigs bench couldnt start for most JV teams.
We shall see my friend...Yes I am a parent, but I have also Coached these group of kids when Eastern & Southern couldn't come within 20 points of Meigs. Yes I understand that the Caldwell's can make one heck of a difference in the teams play, but just don't think it's going to be enough this year.

Eastern has Devon Baum , Brayden Pratt & Tyler Hendrix, What do they have beyond that? I think you are putting way too much stock in what Eastern had last year. It's a whole new year and totally different talent this year.

Like I said in my previous post, I may get fooled and have to come back and eat my crow. But, I like Meigs chances in this one.

And let's keep the name calling to a minimum (delusional parent)

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

You are delusional though

coach_k
JV Team

Post by coach_k »

classof86 wrote:You are delusional though
Meigs did salvage a split on the night with a 32-25 victory in the junior varsity contest. Cody Mattox led the JV Marauders with a game-high 10 points, while Brandon Walton paced the Rockets with eight points

Meigs did salvage a split on the night, as the Marauder junior varsity team picked up its first win of the season after a 36-27 victory. Cody Mattox led the hosts with 19 points, while Bobby Walton led the JV Vikes with seven markers.

Gallia Academy claimed an evening sweep with a 39-27 victory in the junior varsity contest. Both Bryce Amos and Tyler Eastman led the JV Devils with 10 points apiece, while Cody Mattox led Meigs and all scorers with 11 markers.

The Marauders won the JV contest by a score of 48-31. Cody Mattox lead Meigs with 20 points and Austin Lewis led River Valley with 14 points

Alexander did salvage a split with a 57-31 win in the junior varsity contest. Zach Savage led the JV guests with 12 points, while Cody Mattox paced Meigs with nine markers.

***Yeah I guess I am delusional***

expert witness
Freshman Team

Post by expert witness »

I thought we were talking about VARSITY basketball? My bad.

Return to “Boys Basketball”