Meigs @ Eastern

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Re: Meigs @ Eastern

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

Regulator wrote:This game hasn't even been played yet and already the officials are taking heat!! LOL!!
I would hate to be these officials already going into a game with the preconceived notions that they are going to cheat!!
I know and work with the members of the crew that has this game in several sports including basketball. I can promise you this; they won't cheat, they won't be intimidated, and they will be ethical and call as good a game as they possibly can. If they "let them play" as some fans and coaches say, they will let both teams play, not just one team. The thought of not being asked back will never enter their minds, since they have plenty of games all over the state.

MaraudingBobcat
Waterboy

Post by MaraudingBobcat »

It will be very interesting to see the outcome of this inter-county rivalry. The Meigs kids deserve a lot of credit this year. They are coming back stronger than ever with a very motivated....and TALENTED....team after a dismal season last year. It takes heart and dedication to pull yourself up by your boot straps and play ball. Eastern is a rough place to play...there is no question about it. There historically seems to be an unbalanced number of fouls that get called against Meigs extremely early every time we go there. I will be shocked and pleasantly surprised if our starting post players are not in foul trouble by mid-2nd quarter while the home team has only been called for 2 or 3 TEAM fouls. Regardless of the outcome, keep you head up Marauders...good things are coming your way :-) Wishing a safe, fair, good game to both teams but my heart is with my Marauders!

George Jones
Freshman Team

Post by George Jones »

Heavy D I confess when that Ohio State player got his head about twisted off last week and no call was made I did complain a little about the official. ;-)

eaglefan1
Varsity

Post by eaglefan1 »

eastern by 10

coach_k
JV Team

Post by coach_k »

Meigs 53-41

WangoZTango
Freshman Team

Post by WangoZTango »

M0TIVAT0R wrote:
Regulator wrote:This game hasn't even been played yet and already the officials are taking heat!! LOL!!
I would hate to be these officials already going into a game with the preconceived notions that they are going to cheat!!
I know and work with the members of the crew that has this game in several sports including basketball. I can promise you this; they won't cheat, they won't be intimidated, and they will be ethical and call as good a game as they possibly can. If they "let them play" as some fans and coaches say, they will let both teams play, not just one team. The thought of not being asked back will never enter their minds, since they have plenty of games all over the state.
Nice post!

Good officials are NOT intimidated by a bunch of childish stomping and yelling. Good officials are color blind. Good officials should not care who wins or who loses.

The TVC ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

Eastern 66 Meigs 36, Coach K are you sure that was the same Meigs team you have been running your mouth about because I didnt see a whole lot of talent out there. The point guard and the Bolin kid are really your only good players. Eastern plays fast, hard, and efficient. Might even be better than the team they put on the court last year. Eastern took control of the game early and never looked back. Up 23 at half I believe and win by 30, nice win Eastern. LETS GO EAGLES!

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

Meigs people afraid to post now?

thatguy18
Waterboy

Post by thatguy18 »

Eastern looked very good tonight. They play very hard and shot decently well. The meigs team is weak at the guard spot.

Eastern should win 12 games

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

Your only giving them 12 after that performance?

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Meigs can't even beat the TVC Hocking teams in basketball nowadays and it's not getting any better. Maybe one day they'll go down to DVI in football and DIV in basketball and will be able to compete in the Hocking in all sports and that way no one can pick on them (or their coaches) for not being able to win any meaningful games during the year and at that point they wouldn't have to worry about being a larger school playing down in divisions trying to get a few wins each year.

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

If they cant get the wins while being in a bigger division, dropping a division wont make a bit of difference. Get a new coach

expert witness
Freshman Team

Post by expert witness »

coach K wont be showing up. i tried to tell him they would get beat and that the guards and the bench were MAJOR weak spots.

amazinghocks
JV Team

Post by amazinghocks »

meigs bench is better than easterns starters . duh

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

Haha

gymrat88
JV Team

Post by gymrat88 »

Class of 86 don't you think it's a little early to be crowning them? When Eastern runs into a team that will have guards that can handle their pressure and posts that can dominate the paint, they will be in big trouble. According to your roster you guys don't have a player over 6'0''. Yes Howie can take average talent and make them great, but you guys lost Johnson, Pierce, Lynch, Winebrenner, and I few other guys I can't recall. 12-14 wins for the Eagles IMO.

George Jones
Freshman Team

Post by George Jones »

gymrat88 wrote:Class of 86 don't you think it's a little early to be crowning them? When Eastern runs into a team that will have guards that can handle their pressure and posts that can dominate the paint, they will be in big trouble. According to your roster you guys don't have a player over 6'0''. Yes Howie can take average talent and make them great, but you guys lost Johnson, Pierce, Lynch, Winebrenner, and I few other guys I can't recall. 12-14 wins for the Eagles IMO.

I wouldn't put a lot of stock in Howie's roster for height. Johnson was 5'10 on that roster last year and Baum is the tallest 6 footer I ever saw.

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

Ok show me a team on Eastern schedule that has really good guards and really good post. Manchester is probably the only team that is better than Eastern

Dart
Waterboy

Post by Dart »

I'm just glad to see that Meigs fans arent on here blaming the refs like they do every other time they lose by 30.

In my opinion, the coach should spend less time working the officials and more time setting up a defense that wont give up so many lay ups.

But thats just another reason that Caldwell > Ewing.

I was surprised with Eastern, I know they lost a lot, but they had some guys step in and play well.

coach_k
JV Team

Post by coach_k »

I am back to eat my crow. I thought things had changed, but I was way WRONG...Going to be another long year being a Meigs Fan for sure. I will still say that Meigs does have the talent, they do have a good bench. I give Howie Caldwell so much praise cause he knows what he is doing. He alternates players off the bench at the right time and keeps the players on the court fresh at all times. I could say so much much more, but it is probably best that I don't for known reasons. Very disappointed that I haven't seen any change from last year.

I will give credit where credit is due. Eastern plain out kicked butt and I do see them at the top this year. Great Coaching will produce great play!!!

Return to “Boys Basketball”