JV Team

Athens @ Morgan

Post by John Wooden »

Thoughts

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Athens @ Morgan

Post by Orange and Brown »

Athens will and should dominate this game.

Hardwood
JV Team

Post by Hardwood »

Athens

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

Bulldogs

Power 105
All Conference

Post by Power 105 »

This game can be heard on 970 WATH-AM, with Grant Burkhardt and Mark Hunter on the call. Pre-game coverage begins at 7:45.

You can listen live online at http://athensi.com (click the WATH AM link on the right side).

Good luck to both teams!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... looking forward to seeing the results of this one ... as 93Bulldog will recall I was a big Morgan Raider hoops supporter back a few years LOL BUT the Raiders have not been "on their game" so to speak for the last few years ... Coach Skinner's Bulldogs will showcase the top backcourt in the TVC in Dixon/Sharp ... add in Maffin/Maxson/Germano to fill out the possible starting group ... I like the Bulldogs to work hard on the defensive end of the court (which by the way will be full court pressure imo whenever available) - AHS will score in spurts off of the transition game - with Dixon/Sharp you better not blink or you could miss 2 or 3 quick transition buckets from the Dawgs) ... with that said the Bulldogs will continue to do what they did BETTER than ANY other team I watched last season - they will continue to "control the tempo" of every game they play in ... last year's group was outstanding in getting this done night in/night out - I credit Coach Skinner with that major turnaround for AHS last season ( that's how you get Coach of the Year honors by the way LOL) ...

...should be a great game to watch from the Cheap Seats ... thanks for the heads-up on the online connect/webcast of this one on WATH radio ... will listen in IF I can't get out to ZT Tip Off Classic ... is this game on Friday or Saturday night???

g w mclintock
All State

Post by g w mclintock »

Welcome back pfloyd. Good to have you back.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Its on Friday Floyd.

And no - Morgan should NOT be allowed in the Elite 8 rankings ... No League affiliation - No Convo ticket = No Elite 8.

lol

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

...com'on 93bulldog!!! I've got proof on GoogleMaps that the Raiders ARE in fact part of SouthEast Ohio ...LOL ... although Nicaragua DID invade Costa Rica mistakenly using GoogleMaps - never mind LOL ...

... GWMc it's good to be back on for awhile anyway - waiting for the latest information concerning my last surgery to see what they will do next ... but for now (until results are in - hopefully soon) I'm getting on with "me" LOL ...

PushMePullYou
Freshman Team

Post by PushMePullYou »

Athens should have a very solid season.

91raider97bobcat
JV Team

Post by 91raider97bobcat »

Athens wins 61-51. Was a 3 point game early in the fourth quarter. I only got to see the last quarter and a half of it due to another obligation, so I can't say I got a good gauge of each team.

Morgan has a new coach this year, and if he gets the time, there could be a turnaround in the border country. His name is Jay Brown, played at Wheeling Park and Dayton. Grad asst. at UD, then an assistant at Preble Shawnee, Kettering Alter and Kettering Fairmont. It's his first head coaching job.

Gib25
Varsity

Post by Gib25 »

Good first win for the Bulldogs. Sharp had 15, Stanley 14, and Maffin 13. Stanley, Maxson, Skinner, and Germano were big on the boards. Fluhart lead all scorers with 17.

Return to “Boys Basketball”