Freshman Team

Re: Warren (1-0) @ Fort Frye (2-0) Dec 7th

Post by expert witness »

sportsfan, wait until Chillicothe gets ahold of your "BIG BOYZ!"

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

You act like you crushed FF?I believe I said Warren would win by 8 to 10 that was about right on.People thought big mighty Warren was just going to crush the Cadets by 19 or 20.Come on with all the talent and the size I just figured Warren would play better.Fort Frye played awful and only loss by 9 to a superior team.

jcbigblue
Freshman Team

Post by jcbigblue »

You are right Fort played awful, because Warren forced them to play that way. Warren's pressure in your face D didn't give them very many good looks at the basket. Warren actually played more to the Fort's style to many times that was why this game was close IMO.

32, 16, 6
JV Team

Post by 32, 16, 6 »

MYYY GOOOODNESS, I don't know what all the bawling is about. If we blew your team out you'd cry about that too. OK you picked the final score closer than anybody else, BIG DEAL. I didn't get to go to the game, but my buddies at the Times say it was Defense and Team work that won the game for Warren, Balanced scoring, fundamental play..... Those are words used to describe basketball games.. School size? " well next it will be your team had bigger feet than ours" WHO CARES????

Chili is always a tough team to play. Hope we are well seasoned and in sync on game day... If I were to predict, we will be ready. Shooting % are coming together, rebounding is too... now we just need 3 people to grow 4 inches by game day, and we gottem whipped on the puter!!!!!

AC, Grant, Leff, Hilvey, Hastie, Ward, Henthorn, and Knost.....get used to those names fellas.... Coach Maddox and the Warren Way are commin your way..... No Blowouts, just fundamental basketball, and team play I LIKE IT, I LIKE IT ALOT.....

GET BETTER EVERY DAY!!!!

hardrock21
JV Team

Post by hardrock21 »

Hasn't Warren beat Chilly the last couple years?

bankshot
Freshman Team

Post by bankshot »

Warrior CC...did we see a little bit of hoosiers lastnight?...you got what you wanted with ward having a good game and henthorn getting some pt(which he played great d to shut down hilverding)...the only thing missing for you was some pt for mitchem...all the paper talks about is teamwork and fundamentals so i want to thank you for telling these kids and coaches what they should be doing because it worked lastnight...the "dynamic duo" as jim wharton called them combined for 25 points and 18 rebounds so you must have inspired them to play better and be leaders...starting to sound like you are a good canidate to challenge maddox for the job next year..
EASTERNDSPY...i must have missed the school transportaion sign on your van...because that should have been the only reason you were allowed to park on the curb...literally on the curb

Warrior C C
Freshman Team

Post by Warrior C C »

Bankshot, I dont know if it was Hoosiers but I liked the outcome and the TEAM effort.
Cunningham and Venham are playing a little harder and the Warrior bench is def making them realize that they need each other. This is a strong group of young men but the whole season will be dictated by the 2 seniors. If they keep playing like the last 2 games as a group then I like Warrens chances.
Henthorn and Knost make a big difference with there physical play and the Ward boys presence on the floor makes them alot more DANGEROUS! Really impressed with Cunningham as of late sharing the spotlight but still getting his points. Venham is also playing a little harder but Ive seen him play well beyond what hes actually doing, but every game he gets a little more desire and cant wait to see him when he gets a little angry and look like Dwight Howard sometimes. The effort from everyone is alot better and its good to see the kids smiling during the game! Who knows ,Coach Maddox might be able to preach enough TEAM BALL that his coaching job will be wanted for the next 10 years if he can get them past the CONVO.
The real test will be the Portsmouth game when playing such a soft schedule leading up to that game could hurt the young Warriors? Curious to see what a tough game or when the Warriors play from behind , how the (TEAM) reacts and if they still stick together.
The next 2 games I think we def could see the Mitchem and Proctor boy, If the boys focus enough and play just as hard, they should use everyone at some point. Im so impressed with what Im seeing so far that the Athens trip is looking more realistic and pretty much my limit on riding in a vehicle. So until then, Goodluck Warriors and The Sun Comes Out Tomorrow! ;-)

southernohio13
Freshman Team

Post by southernohio13 »

Chillicothe And warren split last yr. warren won a game by 1 pt. two differnt teams this yr. both are solid teams. the cavs will be ready for sure.

rebelionfan99
Waterboy

Post by rebelionfan99 »

The game last night surely impressed me. The way these boys played together and as much as maddux subbed. He went reap into the bench and coached very well. Tyler Ward played very Well and shoutout to Henthorn for shutting down hilverding. Way to keep your composure Knost on the play where he got played out. Same as Hastie when he got pushed. Both plays wre uncalled for. You boys kept you composure and didn't start nothing. Hilverding needs to learn to keep his composure wen he's down and getting shut out. Keep up the good teamwork. I'm looking forward to the chilli game. Should be very intense and close. Both are very good teams and should be the two games of the season not only on the league but south eastern Ohio.

warriorfrosh
JV Team

Post by warriorfrosh »

Very good wrap up 99....but we've got a bunch of games ahead of us before Chilli....one at at time...2 down, 18 to go....ATHENS, ATHENS, ATHENS....

bankshot
Freshman Team

Post by bankshot »

CC good post...would love to see grant come out with a little more intensity from the get go but we have been waiting for that for about 15 years...its just not his personality...i love to watch jace and austin henthorn play...they both are very physical and give 100% everytime they are on the floor...since this was my first game i was able to make i have to give a shoutout to austin cunningham for being more physical and being the leader that everyone looks up to him to be

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

Spartan wrote:I love the built in excuse " You should win, you are a bigger school"
The one that is even better than that is, "yes we are division 2 but we should be considered division 4 cause that is how many athletes we have." :mrgreen:

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

Coach Maddox's teams remind me alot of Jim Tressel coached teams: Play great defense and do enough on offense to get the lead. Not always exciting but very fundamentally sound. This is why Warren does not blow a lot of teams out but pile up the W's. Then when they play SEC teams....oops....that's a different subject.

expert witness
Freshman Team

Post by expert witness »

the similarity between tressel and maddox is that they are both blessed with extremely talented players year end and year out.

expert witness
Freshman Team

Post by expert witness »

I like Maddox as a coach but the truth is a person would have to try very hard to NOT win 15 games a year with the talent warren has.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... will get my first look see at "Warren.2010" Friday night ... talent wise the Warriors are loaded, COACHING WISE the Warriors are LOADED ... Coach Maddox/Coach Duckworth both get it done in PREPARING their teams to play the game that needs to be played to pick up "Ws" ... those that seem to ALWAYS have a "dig" to get in on Coach Maddox - have you ever been to a Maddox practice? have you ever "seen him TEACH" the game during practice? have you sat behind the bench "listened to the COACHING" during the game? ... been there - Coach Maddox (and I KNOW this is the same for other "COACHES/TEACHERS OF THE GAME" -Persin,Davis,Barrick,Young,OZ, Van Matre, Stiverson, Kellough,Beucler,Howie to name a few) ... they TEACH "the game", they work to get players to "UNDERSTAND" the game, the positions they play - NOT just that you as a player are physically more talented than the opponent and THAT IS GOOD ENOUGH - you as a player still MUST do the fundamentals correctly - might get away with talent alone in THIS game BUT down the road when the Warriors are playing a team of equal to better talent it's NOT going to be the better talent that gets it done it will be the combination of TALENT and MORE IMPORTANT the players UNDERSTANDING/EXECUTION of FUNDAMENTALS that will allow the TEAM to compete/beat BETTER teams than themselves ...

... EXPECTATIONS of the Warren Warriors are high ... BUT I'm positive that the expectations that Coach Maddox's has for his talented group are even higher ... he KNOWS what HE needs to TEACH as the coach, HE knows what his athletes need to LEARN and be able to demonstrate on the court that they have LEARNED it - BEFORE all of these expectations can be reached ... talent IS a great starting point BUT it is ONLY a starting point ... when players/teams are satisfied with "talent" - that they ARE talented - THAT'S when coaching/teaching is the most difficult - the BEST coaches teach players the "little" things that make talent PLUS great fundamentals THE Holy Grail that unlocks being able to play with and beat ANY team no matter the opponents size, quickness or talent ... players who buy into the fact that superior fundamentals gives them THE advantage over ANY player/team they play - THOSE are the players with "IT", the confidence to play and beat anyone ...

... my two cents worth ...

Return to “Boys Basketball”