Marietta vs Vinton County D2 Logan Sectional 2-23

Tim Hardaway Jr.
JV Team

Marietta vs Vinton County D2 Logan Sectional 2-23

Post by Tim Hardaway Jr. »

Looks to be a very good game. Marietta had a very solid season as did VC. Lay it out there, predictions, thoughts, etc.

Maroon Shorts
Riding the Bench

Re: Marietta vs Vinton County D2 Logan Sectional 2-23

Post by Maroon Shorts »

Vinton Co. is 16-4 and Marietta 14-6. This is going to be a fantastic match-up. If Vinton Co. plays their typical "smashmouth" defense, I see them winning and if they shoot the ball well they could win by more than 1-4 points. Marietta is a team that will shoot the lights out if given the chance and they have a slow but good big man in the paint. Both team's coming off great seasons. I give the edge to VC due to their hard working defense and the scouting job of the coaches.

Vinton Co.-48
Marietta-44

Go Vikes!

Etta34
Riding the Bench

Post by Etta34 »

VC is a tough team to figure out they beat a talented Piketon team but then lose to Jackson. Marietta is a great ball team that has had 6 setbacks this year which came from 3 of the best teams in Southeast Ohio (Portsmouth, Chillicothe, and Warren). The Tigers will get a key player back for the tourney run in Hess who has been suspended the last 10 games. VC is not a team that should be taken lightly they have talent and are well coached, Marietta better not be looking ahead to a possible Saturday matchup with Warren. With all that being said ill take the Tigers to move on.
Marietta-52
Vinton County-47

sportsfan18
Waterboy

Post by sportsfan18 »

Havnt seen Marietta play this year.. Should be a good game from what i hear though

Maroon Shorts
Riding the Bench

Post by Maroon Shorts »

Etta34 wrote:VC is a tough team to figure out they beat a talented Piketon team but then lose to Jackson. Marietta is a great ball team that has had 6 setbacks this year which came from 3 of the best teams in Southeast Ohio (Portsmouth, Chillicothe, and Warren). The Tigers will get a key player back for the tourney run in Hess who has been suspended the last 10 games. VC is not a team that should be taken lightly they have talent and are well coached, Marietta better not be looking ahead to a possible Saturday matchup with Warren. With all that being said ill take the Tigers to move on.
Marietta-52
Vinton County-47

I like the arguement you brought to the table there. Sounds like everyone's really excited to see these two team's in action. Sounds like a great game tomrrow at 8pm. Can't wait to watch it. Go Vikes!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I must admit - I'm going to Logan to support my 'Dogs wednesday - but its the VC/Marietta game that I'm most excited to watch ... It definitly makes for an intresting night ... 2 TVC teams vs 2 SEOAL teams.

Excoach78
Freshman Team

Post by Excoach78 »

Marietta is a hand full!!!!! I will take the SEOAL teams Wed. night. It will be all Washington Co. Sat. night for a trip to the Convo.

Run Bubba Run
Freshman Team

Post by Run Bubba Run »

I will pick VC in this one IF they play their usual hardnose and tough defense and at least two of their three long ball shooters has a good game. One thing for sure, if they lose, it will not be because they were outcoached.

The Vikings can be a handful for any opponent and it should be a good game. Hopefully, both teams will have their "A" game. I will be there for sure seated somewhere on the top row probably.

Go Vikes!

Space Cowboy
SEO

Post by Space Cowboy »

What time does this game start?

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Athens vs. Warren at 6:15 I believe. Tip should be around 8.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Marietta and Warren (SEOAL) win. The difference in competition during the year reveals itself at tournament time.

Maroon Shorts
Riding the Bench

Post by Maroon Shorts »

Why does everyone write off the (T.V.C) because of team's like Nelsonville-York, Wellston, etc. Athens and Vinton Co. are two fantastic team's and are very capable of winning. Go Dogs and Vikes!

The Wizard
Freshman Team

Post by The Wizard »

Maroon Shorts wrote:Why does everyone write off the (T.V.C) because of team's like Nelsonville-York, Wellston, etc. Athens and Vinton Co. are two fantastic team's and are very capable of winning. Go Dogs and Vikes!
One reason may be that Warren already handled Athens easily this year.

Tim Hardaway Jr.
JV Team

Post by Tim Hardaway Jr. »

Maroon Shorts wrote:Why does everyone write off the (T.V.C) because of team's like Nelsonville-York, Wellston, etc. Athens and Vinton Co. are two fantastic team's and are very capable of winning. Go Dogs and Vikes!
It might be because both Warren and Marietta beat Athens plus Jackson, a last place team in the SEOAL, beat VC and went 3-0 in games against the TVC.

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

I am a Bulldog fan, and a TVC guy. The top of the SEOAL is a beast this year, no doubt about it. I think Marietta is a very difficult matchup for the Vikings and would be surprised if VC wins this game, but not completely surprised as I am sure they will be ready.

As for competition, Athens played a very difficult non league schedule this season with a very inexperienced team, and a team that became riddled with injuries and illness. Athens has a tall order tonight, but I am confident they will be prepared and put up a good fight. They are the #8 Seed, Warren the #1 seed, the Warriors should handle the Bulldogs, but the game still has to be played, and played by kids I might add. The Bulldogs have nothing to lose. Put up the good fight!!!!!!!

Good Luck Bulldogs and Vikings !!!!!!!

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

The 4/5 games this year are ridiculously good matchups! I had VC winning this game before I saw the result against Jackson, which made me reconsider my thoughts on this matchup.

I think Coach Combs and Coach Miller will have the Vikings ready and will get them to the Finals, but it definitely will not be an easy win. I'll take VC by 2 in a tight, well played game.

footballfanatic1
All Conference

Post by footballfanatic1 »

NO WAY...SEOAL WINS BIG.....

CoyDuke
Freshman Team

Post by CoyDuke »

The SEOAL is a better league than the TVC, but as far as that relating to tournament success? Im not sure that it does. Just how many of the current SEOAL teams outside of Chillicothe's recent success has really done anything significant in tournaments?

footballfanatic1
All Conference

Post by footballfanatic1 »

new year.....who knows...thats why they play the games..

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Marietta, will be ready. They had a scouting team at the Vinton County/Wellston game, which included Coach Seacrest and Terry Radekin (Vinton County graduate). What is Terry's relationship to Marietta? Anyone know? They were not at the Jackson game, thank goodness. Anyways, they will be prepared and they will be formidable opponent. However, I can assure that the Vikings will be just as prepared and will play just as hard. I am looking forward to a great game.

Return to “Boys Basketball”