Post by 90goldeneagle »

End of 3rd Quarter

Warren 45
Athens 14

rebelionfan99
Waterboy

Re: 12-10 Warren @ Athens

Post by rebelionfan99 »

Not even close here at Mcafee gymnasium. 45-13 end of 3rd.

90goldeneagle
JV Team

Post by 90goldeneagle »

Final

Warren 56
Athens 30

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

WOW!

rebelionfan99
Waterboy

Post by rebelionfan99 »

Fans wre leving soon 2night from the Mcafee! Warriors hammer the Bulldogs. Not waht I expected. Grant venham got very physical tonight and played tremendous. We need that night in night out. AC played great same as ward henthorn and knost! Well done boys. Keep up boys. Good teamwork and hustle.

Warrior C C
Freshman Team

Post by Warrior C C »

Well, Probably the weakest team ive seen thus far, and seeing alot of sloppy play from the Warriors because of the strength of these teams. Not sure this will get it done against the higher caliber teams thats for sure. Really starting to question the starting rotation some because it seems like what the Warriors are putting out on the floor at the beginning isnt the strongest? The Hilverding boy has yet to show any promising strengths, and Is this the same Hastie boy who was the terrific shooter from last year? The Leffingwell boy seems to just not be ready for the Varsity quickness? Seems like the Warriors will put themselves in a big hole offensively when they play ANYONE strong at all? Why isnt the Knost boy starting this year?
Even Henthorn,Ward, and Windland seem to provide so much more spark? Not sure whats going on and the Team thing is there but just not sure the chemistry factor is there?
Several things to keep an eye on coming up, and hope it gets ironed out. Cunningham and Venham are looking better but Warriors are far away from where they need to be to compete for league title. So should be interesting to see how this unfolds but we will see. Belpre team wont show or answer anything either , so stay tuned....
The Warrior C C player of the game goes to the concession stand workers because they probably had the hardest job tonight. Not trying to sound negative just really getting worried about playing someone tough with what Ive seen in the last few weeks against so many weak teams. Im back I guess some will say but its time to get serious....The sun comes out tomorrow :twisted:

hardwoodheroes
Freshman Team

Post by hardwoodheroes »

In a rematch of last years' sectional final, Warren (3-0) thoroughly beat Athens (1-1) in the Bulldogs home opener 56-30. The score was 28-9 at the half, and Athens scored 16 points in the fourth quarter, when Warren's starters were mostly on the bench. Austin Cunningham led the Warriors with 21 points and Dylan Leffingwell added 10 points to the winning cause. Athens' leading scorer was Josh Maxson with seven points. Here's Hardwood Heroes' "Game of the Night" Recap

http://woub.org/tv/index.php?section=5&page=984 ...Athens/Warren recap

Diehard Fan
Freshman Team

Post by Diehard Fan »

That was a waste of money to watch these two teams play. That will be the last time i throw 5 dollars down the drain. Both these teams are very weak, i believe there is 7th and 8th grade teams around the area that could play at this level. Not at all impressed.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... I went to A'town to see the Warren Warriors take on the Athens Bulldogs tonight ... WHS had took much size, strength, quicks, for Athens to compete against in this one ...Warren played everyone in the scorebook and one who wasn't! and still picked up the W tonight going away ... Warren Local 56 Athens 31 ...a final ...

Not enough bodies available for Athens to compete against the host of players that Coach Maddox can put on the floor ... as Warren played 11 different players in the first half alone ... Warrens defense held AHS to one and done on the offensive end of the floor as the Warriors held the Bulldogs to 2 field goals in the entire first half! (1st qtr 2 fgs & 5 pts/2nd qtr. 0 fgs & 4 pts) ... with the top 11 players rotating in/out for Warren the first 3 quarters tonight AHS knocked down but 4 field goals for a total of 14 points thru 3 quarters of action ... on the offensive side of the floor for Warren Austin Cunningham controlled the tempo of the game hitting for 19 points, Venham added 10 while 8 more Warriors contributed to the final WHS total ... Warren 56 Athens 31 final ...

... Athens Napkin Stats ...

Scorers ... Maxson 7, Stimmel 4, Stanley 4, Maffin 3, Harris 3
3pointers ... 3/12 ... Maffin/Harris/#40 each 1
FT's ... 10/16
TOs ... 14

... for Athens to have any shot at beating a team the quality of this Warren squad lots of good things had to be happening on the court - the 3 ball had to be going down (it didn't), dogs had to be able to hold their own on the boards (didn't happen) ... without either an outside threat or rebounding at either end of the floor Athens could not compete with this Warren.2010 version ...

...Warren Napkin Stats ...

Scoring ... Austin Cunningham 19, Venham 10, Knost 5, Winland 6,Ward 3,Henthorn 2, Mitchem 2
3pointers ... 1/5 ... Ward 1
FT's ... 9/18 ouch!!!
TOs ... 13 - considering everyone on the roster and then some played a great total ...

Offensive Putbacks for points 5
Transition baskets ... 7
Points in the Paint ... 20 fg/40 points in the paint ...

... pfloyd's observations ... WHS is loaded with talent, strength, AC is playing under control in running the floor show for the Warriors ... AC can get where he wants on the floor whenever he wants to get there ... although in tonights game the perimeter shots weren't taken and not needed (1/5 from downtown) the Blue has players who CAN hit the trey (Ward/Cunningham/Hastie) ... inside Venham is a man among boyz , should be able to get position on anyone in the league with his body and strength - the key will be how much of a factor does Venham want to be in a game? IF he decides he wants to control the paint HE CAN , has the tools to do it; IF he decides to let others do the work? let's just say THAT is noticeable as well - Warren WILL GO as far as Venham wants to take them, the paint is HIS house and NO BODY enters HIS house without his say so - protect your house Mr. Venham your TEAM has a great season in front of you/them ... Coach Maddox!!! what is up with that 9/18 from the FT line????????

... will continue to keep an eye both of these two teams in their respective leagues as the season continues toward the New Year ... was good meeting up with some fine Warriors followers - I thank you all for the wishes of good health , it's greatly appreciated ...

Last edited by pfloyd on Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

jcbigblue
Freshman Team

Post by jcbigblue »

hardwoodheroes wrote:In a rematch of last years' sectional final, Warren (3-0) thoroughly beat Athens (1-1) in the Bulldogs home opener 56-30. The score was 28-9 at the half, and Athens scored 16 points in the fourth quarter, when Warren's starters were mostly on the bench. Austin Cunningham led the Warriors with 21 points and Dylan Leffingwell added 10 points to the winning cause. Athens' leading scorer was Josh Maxson with seven points. Here's Hardwood Heroes' "Game of the Night" Recap

http://woub.org/tv/index.php?section=5&page=984 ...Athens/Warren recap

Grant Venham with 10 pts. not Leffingwell

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... jcbigblue ... let it go my friend - posts such as the "waste of money" post aren't worth getting bent out of shape about ... let it just die a slow death LOL ...

Sportsfanallnitelong
JV Team

Post by Sportsfanallnitelong »

Blowhard, Oh I mean diehard, has been a WARREN hater all of his life. He must have been over looked many times in his life span. get over it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You just wasted 5 bucks cause you thought you were going to see WARREN lose. Sorry about your luck. Don't waste any more of your money!!! I'm just saying...........................................

Excoach78
Freshman Team

Post by Excoach78 »

Warrior CC, when are you going to understand its not who you start but who finishes the game. You said it yourself in another post coach Maddox can start any number of players and be alright. Tonight most of the JV team finished this game. Warren got the WIN thats all that counts.

Excoach78
Freshman Team

Post by Excoach78 »

The DEFENSE and TEAM play will keep Warren in every game. Warrior cc, I don't know what you expect but you are about to loose your seat on the WAGON. ON or OFF make up your mind!!!!! GOOD JOB TEAM WARREN WARRIORS!!!!!!!

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

Warrior CC, have you ever really watched Hilvy play? The kid gets inside the mind of whoever he is defending and they are rendered useless on offense throughout the game. His passing skills border on greatness and sometimes it catches teammates off guard. I have thoroughly enjoyed watching this kid play for many years now. Every team needs a player of his demeanor.

Great win Warriors....keep it going.

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

This is why Athens joined the TVC. As an ealier poster mentioned Warren and other will likely be in the TVC in a couple years.

Warrior C C
Freshman Team

Post by Warrior C C »

Excoach 78..I know its not about who starts, my opinion as of the way things have been going this year is that Warriors only briefly put the strongest 5 on the floor together lastnight. Those 5 were Cunningham, Venham, Knost,Ward, and Henthorn. These 5 give Warren a really dangerous 5 with several weapons and great defense. Dont get me wrong Hastie is still very important to make this team successful and Hilvi and Leffingwell play vital ROLES in the team as well. Just not seeing the chemistry or the strength play together this year. I could care less who starts but you just cant get yourself in to big of a hole or deficit before you realize who needs to be out there? Windland getting more time than leffingwell lastnight didnt make sense to me either on this givin night? Just scaring me lastnight that starting to see the same story develop that has kept the Warriors from going far....Play your strength not play to keep everyone happy....This could be a GREAT year and maybe one of the best, but not if Warren decides to do the same swan song. The sun comes out tmrw1 :|
CapNScoop-Tell me Henthorn doesnt get inside kids head? Tell me Henthorn doesnt bring more to the table than Hilvi? Hilvi needs to be a role player because he is important to the team in several other ways..
Coach78...As far as the wagon seat? I am way to old now to worry about being in any wagon or keeping everyone happy, I just share knowledge from a long time of seeing Warrior basketball? So give my seat up to someone who needs it, I have my amish buggy in the breezeway if I need it.

warriorfrosh
JV Team

Post by warriorfrosh »

A complete dismantling of a decent Athens team last night....Maddox has the opportunity in these early games to play many different combinations of players and evaluate the chemistry in game situations....give him some credit that he knows what he is doing....in tough games and down the stretch he will have the right kids playing in the right situations....good to see some domination!....on to BELPRE!

bankshot
Freshman Team

Post by bankshot »

CC..im a little dissapointed in you...your boy mitchem got some quality pt and looked pretty good and you havent said one good thing about him...as for windland, maybe a little pressure coming from outside the team for some more pt, kind of hurt himself lastnight if that was his chance to prove himself...cunningham was great like always and really ward although the stats didnt say so had a pretty good game too...grant is going to be grant...if he wants to score every possession down the floor he could..he has the strength and ability to do so...sometimes it takes just a little spark to get him going...i thought we looked pretty good lastnight but i too am afraid that after we beat belpre just as bad as we beat athens we are going to be ill-prepared for portsmouth on friday...that will be a whole different level of competition and i hope we are ready for it

Return to “Boys Basketball”