JV Team

12-11 Vinton Co. vs Dover

Post by John Wooden »

Thoughts

Hardwood
JV Team

Re: 12-11 Vinton Co. vs Dover

Post by Hardwood »

I haven't heard much about Dover but I know Vinton Co. has been playing well .

Space Cowboy
SEO

Post by Space Cowboy »

Coach Combs said that this Dover team is a solid ballclub.

Win will go to the Vikes at the Convo 62- 57

Run Bubba Run
Freshman Team

Post by Run Bubba Run »

This will be a tough game for the Vikings. Dover has a rich basketball tradition. Their current head coach, Bob Von Kaenel was presented the Paul Walker Award in 2006. He has been the head coach for the Tornadoes since 1992 and his teams have a 254-72 W-L record and that includes two trips to the final four in Columbus. His first coaching assignment was at Tuscarawas Valley. Tusky Valley were state runners-up in 1988.

Dover is currently 2-0 (victories over Buckeye Local 86-40 and Uhrichsville Claymont 57-21) and visit Coshocton tomorrow night before meeting the Vikings in the Convo. Matt Combs' young basketball team will be tested to the max against Dover.

Good luck Vikings.

VIKED_MAN
Varsity

Post by VIKED_MAN »

Looking at Dover's team photo on their school website, the Tornadoes seem to have some good height. That is what the Vikes Lack. Dover, like the Vikes will be well coached, and should be very athletic. Should be an awesome nightcap to a day of wonderous hoops in the CONVO
GO VIKES

Space Cowboy
SEO

Post by Space Cowboy »

Any updates on the game?

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

Dover 58
Vinton 51

Run Bubba Run
Freshman Team

Post by Run Bubba Run »

If that 58-51 is a final, it sounds like I missed a good one. The Vikings must have played better than they did vs Alex. Way to go Vikes!

Ty Webb
All State

Post by Ty Webb »

This was a pretty good game and went back and forth til midway through the 3rd quarter when Dover went on a 8 point run and while VC had their chances always seemed to make critical mistakes at crucial times. VC's inexperience show tonight, but I'm sure Coach Combs and his staff will take this as a learning experience. They gotta go on the road at Athens for a TVC Ohio showdown with the defending TVC Ohio Champs Athens Bulldogs.

I know it was a late start, but the crowd tonight at the convo was small to say the least.

Skiisme
All Conference

Post by Skiisme »

Went to the game tonight and saw one of the most inexperienced VC teams I have seen since I first saw them play 7 years ago. No height what so ever and a team that went into panic mode when they got down 8 in the third quarter. I am hoping they just had a bad game because they did not look like a team that dominat anyone. Dover was fair at best and beat VC.

Skiisme
All Conference

Post by Skiisme »

Went to the game tonight and saw one of the most inexperienced VC teams I have seen since I first saw them play 7 years ago. No height what so ever and a team that went into panic mode when they got down 8 in the third quarter. I am hoping they just had a bad game because they did not look like a team that will dominate anyone. Dover was fair at best and beat VC.

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Vinton County was their own worst enemy tonight committing 19 turnovers, 10 to 12 unforced. Skidaddy, I have disagree with you, Dover is a very solid team and I mean no disrespect to any of the future players the Vikings may face, but Monaco, #33, is or probably will be the best player we will see this upcoming season. Ty, you are right, the Vikings will learn from this and move forward.

1974Viking
Varsity

Post by 1974Viking »

Coach Combs will have them working to correct the mistakes they made today. No one likes to lose, but early in the season, sometimes a lose will help in the long run. One lose does not end the season. They will be working to get ready for Athens. Good Luck Vikings

Return to “Boys Basketball”