Piketon @ Paint Valley

mikepike
All State

Piketon @ Paint Valley

Post by mikepike »

Will this be the first 'real' test for the Streaks, or will they roll over the Bearcats as they have done the first 3 games? Will the Bearcats handle the pressure the Streaks put on them? Will the Bearcats show that they're for real? GO STREAKS!!

eagles73Taylor
SE

Re: Piketon @ Paint Valley

Post by eagles73Taylor »

PV is similar to Westfall and Huntington, IMO in that they have some size that can play but their backcourts are not as strong. Piketon has been preying on the pressure the put on and this should once again cause problems. PV has experience at guard, but the Streaks are deep! Should be a good game, Lets Go Streaks!

JIMMY THE GREEK
All Conference

Post by JIMMY THE GREEK »

A couple of things stick out in this game, that should make it interesting:

1. I've been around Piketon basketball for a long time, and they usually don't play very well at Paint Valley (other than the Final 4 season). Advantage PV

2. SVC games can be tough on the road on Tuesday Nights. Advantage PV

3. Paint Valley's coach has basically called out the Streaks on the radio with comments and clear messages they're not afraid....which is fine...but better to say nothing...(good locker-room material) Advantage Streaks

4. Paint Valley with all of the "Hype" going into the game, saying its the biggest game since the early 90's...brings added pressure to PV to pull the upset against the league favorite...should motivate the Streaks to bring their best game. Advantage Streaks

5. Depth will be a factor in this one. Advantage Streaks

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Jimmy- On point #3, did he really? LOL There are some things that you don't do and I'd say calling out one of the top teams in state would be one of them. He should have said nothing at all and hoped that the Redstreaks would take them lightly and jump out to a quick lead.

I'd like to see the Redstreaks get a challenge and I think they will, at least early, before they pull away in the 3rd quarter(much like the Westfall game)

Coach Coreno
Waterboy

Post by Coach Coreno »

Piketon by 20. Too big, long, and well coached.

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

dani, he said that he told the boys before the last game that it was the biggest game in PV history for the last 10 years. After they won, during the interview he said he told the boys in the locker room that their next game again would be the biggest game of their careers, vs. Piketon. He wasnt calling Piketon out, IMO.

R-STREAK
Riding the Bench

Post by R-STREAK »

P.V. brings back a good team....should be good game....Bring em out...Bring em out....BRING EM OUT....GO STREAKS

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Piketon by 25.

Oddthomas
Waterboy

Post by Oddthomas »

Tied up at 25 at the half!

tap in bogey
Freshman Team

Post by tap in bogey »

Piketon wins 80-43. Wow!

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Oddthomas wrote:Tied up at 25 at the half!
So based on the final im guessing this was a joke? Or did Piketon play their freshman team the entire first half? :)

tap in bogey
Freshman Team

Post by tap in bogey »

No, it really was tied at half. Piketon shot 2-17 in the first quarter. I think PV ended with 34 turnovers for the game, 17 in each half.

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Piketon was also outrebounded by PV 24 to 11 in the first half. Piketon had zero second chances after shooting a poor 20 percent for the first half. I mean at least 3 uncontested layups bounced out!

JIMMY THE GREEK
All Conference

Post by JIMMY THE GREEK »

Just returned from this one....Streaks forced a crazy amount of TO's the entire game. Couldn't throw it in the ocean the first half...but the pressure "D" and depth was the difference. I like how coach L. refused to call a timeout in the first half as PV made their runs.

chef_piketon
JV Team

Post by chef_piketon »

It was an offensive and defensive explosion in the 2nd half like The Chef hasn't seen in awhile for the Streaks. The defense went to another level with their guarding tight and then the shots started to fall in the basket. Its like The Streaks turned up the heat at halftime. Coach L must have peeled some paint at halftime. Paint Valley was very game and made some nice plays throughout the game. But The Streaks flexed their muscles in the 2nd half. Fun game to watch.

hogfarmer
Riding the Bench

Post by hogfarmer »

Piketon should roll through the league this year. Balanced, best player in the league hands down, and very well coached. I really don't see anyone giving them a real game.

Grinder
Freshman Team

Post by Grinder »

Talk about a game of two different halves.

Xtoxxviii
All State

Post by Xtoxxviii »

This Piketon squad will go down as one of the all time great svc teams.

On a side note are there any SVC posters on the huddle anymore?
After a sabbatical from the huddle I find myself wondering if any of my old pals are still around.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

X- I don't think so, but I think all but anklebreaker are over here. Are they still charging a monthly fee over there?

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

X, I hate to admit that redstreak one does not pay anymore to be on that site.

Return to “Boys Basketball”