All State

Re: 12/21 Athens Vs. Trimble

Post by athens78 »

If this is at Trimble I'll take Trimble by 10

Gib25
Varsity

Post by Gib25 »

The game is at Athens. Played at Trimble last year.

Hardwood
JV Team

Post by Hardwood »

If Trimble's big man stays out of foul trouble I will take the Tomcats by 13.

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

Then I'll take Athens by 10

gymrat88
JV Team

Post by gymrat88 »

Trimble will win this game. Athens has no big men that can match up with the skill set of Guthrie. The TVC Hocking this year has an edge over the Ohio in Basketball and I believe this game will exploit that.

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

gymrat88 wrote:Trimble will win this game. Athens has no big men that can match up with the skill set of Guthrie. The TVC Hocking this year has an edge over the Ohio in Basketball and I believe this game will exploit that.
The big man won't help cause Trimble will be lucky to get the ball across the half court line. Not to mention he will be on the bench with 3 fouls early in the second quarter.

Rebels on 3
All State

Post by Rebels on 3 »

Trimble wins by 10

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

Rebels on 3 wrote:Trimble wins by 10
Trimble won't win at Athens unfortunately. I wish they would though. But I just can't see that happening. Waaaayyyyyy to many turnovers going on. Maybe Trimble will make an adjustment and prove me wrong, but I just don't see it.

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

From the looks of the weather forecast, nobody will have a chance to win tomorrow at Athens!!!

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

Spartan wrote:From the looks of the weather forecast, nobody will have a chance to win tomorrow at Athens!!!
You are probably right about that. And this may be a game that doesn't get a make up date.

Rebels on 3
All State

Post by Rebels on 3 »

As long as the Big man stays in for Trimble they will have a chance.

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

Rebels on 3 wrote:As long as the Big man stays in for Trimble they will have a chance.
The double edged sword for Trimble is if the officials "let them play" Athens' guards will have a bunch of steals against Trimble unless some changes are made. But if the officials call it tight then the big man will no doubt commit multiple fouls and be on the bench.

Rebels on 3
All State

Post by Rebels on 3 »

Trimble has a guard that is like 6'5 why dont that kid play inside. He did shot good against SG, but I would have him playing the post.

Hardwood
JV Team

Post by Hardwood »

Heavy D, I thought Trimble's guards handled the pressure fine when I saw them play. Are you always negative about everything? The players, the officials, the weather and the coaches, let them play the game first and see if you have anything to be negative about.

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

Hardwood wrote:Heavy D, I thought Trimble's guards handled the pressure fine when I saw them play. Are you always negative about everything? The players, the officials, the weather and the coaches, let them play the game first and see if you have anything to be negative about.
I said nothing about the officials. I was complimenting Athens' guards and how quick, athletic, and hard they play. That doesn't bode well for Trimble which has had a boat load of turnovers when they play teams that are quick and pressure the ball. But just for you I will say this; I am sure both teams will be really well coached, they will play great, and play hard. No one will have a bad game, and the officials will make us all wonder why they are not doing NBA games. Matter of fact so will the players, and coaches and all the fans will be so pleasant you will think you are at a wedding instead of a ball game. That is my prediction for this game and to add no one will even care who wins cause they will all be winners in the hearts of the fans. After the game even Gibby will talk about how well the officials did even if Athens doesn't win. ;-)

mikethompson
Riding the Bench

Post by mikethompson »

Athens is good. Athens by 20

Gib25
Varsity

Post by Gib25 »

HeavyD, Don't bet on that! LOL

gaurdDUTY
Riding the Bench

Post by gaurdDUTY »

Heavy D wrote:
Rebels on 3 wrote:As long as the Big man stays in for Trimble they will have a chance.
The double edged sword for Trimble is if the officials "let them play" Athens' guards will have a bunch of steals against Trimble unless some changes are made. But if the officials call it tight then the big man will no doubt commit multiple fouls and be on the bench.

"Commit" multiple fouls or be "called" for multiple fouls. It has been my experience in the TVC that the big man gets the shaft at times because of their size. Guthrie can't do it all and when he is double and triple teamed, the others must step up. By the way HD, you talk like you are an official yourself. (?)

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

gaurdDUTY wrote:
Heavy D wrote:

"Commit" multiple fouls or be "called" for multiple fouls. It has been my experience in the TVC that the big man gets the shaft at times because of their size. Guthrie can't do it all and when he is double and triple teamed, the others must step up. By the way HD, you talk like you are an official yourself. (?)
Yes with the number of technical fouls, unsportsmanlike penalties, and times being confined to the dugout I have endured I would probably make a great official. :mrgreen: I just love those guys who wear the stripes and the blue. ;-)

Return to “Boys Basketball”