Pike County Holiday Classic

TAZ
Waterboy

Re: Pike County Holiday Classic

Post by TAZ »

bengalfan76,

Yeah, I doubt they were fans. Just those space invadors who should have moved. I see your frustration cause it happened on our side too. Witnessed one of those space invadors laughing at a parent for cheering when we made our first point against Piketon on Tuesday. They actually said "your happy for one point?" "That's my son" she replied. It's sad but there's always going to be those people in the crowd.

hbk2016
Varsity

Post by hbk2016 »

Another classic Holiday Tourney. Hopefully the Indians will keep their heads up and keep working hard.

Waverly and Piketon put on another great show. That matchup has been a great battle for many years.

As for someone being critical of someone cheering on their team, that is just pitiful.

Usually people who do that are people who never actually played the game and understood the hard work that goes into it whether you win or lose.

Good luck to the Pike Co. Teams in 2011!

R-STREAK
Riding the Bench

Post by R-STREAK »

Unable too contain Kretzer and Martin leaves BIG holes of concern too our defense....

JIMMY THE GREEK
All Conference

Post by JIMMY THE GREEK »

R-STREAK wrote:Unable too contain Kretzer and Martin leaves BIG holes of concern too our defense....
Not too sure about that. "D" has been pretty solid...this was just one of those games...Brush must stay out of foul trouble...he gets called for some weak fouls in my opinion (every game). I really don't see any other teams having the same success. Time to move on...bring on the Shermans!

Ace
Freshman Team

Post by Ace »

Jimmy the Greek wrote:Brush must stay out of foul trouble...he gets called for some weak fouls in my opinion (every game).
He gets called for so many fouls because he tries to block every shot into the 5th row. He leaves his feet way too much against smaller players. He is taller than 95% of his competition. He just needs to move his feet and stay straight up...not swat down at the ball.

SOCFAN1430
Varsity

Post by SOCFAN1430 »

I agree ace, but Brush is not the only kid that does that. Almost every player with few exceptions just try to jump out of the gym anytime a player gets into the lane. Players from 5'5 to 6'5 try to be a shot blocker, even if they have no business trying it.

Return to “Boys Basketball”