JV Team

12-30 Meigs @ Southern

Post by John Wooden »

Thoughts

hardfowl
All State

Re: 12-30 Meigs @ Southern

Post by hardfowl »

Live on "The Frog" 92.1 FM and online @ www.wyvk.com. Click on the ball.

yellowjacket
Freshman Team

Post by yellowjacket »

from what i've heard on here it is a hard place to win but i'm going to take meigs by 8.

Hardwood
JV Team

Post by Hardwood »

yellowjacket wrote:from what i've heard on here it is a hard place to win but i'm going to take meigs by 8.

Meigs and Southern have been playing each other for several years so I'm sure they know by now what it is like to play at each place. I will take the Tornadoes!

SOCFAN1430
Varsity

Post by SOCFAN1430 »

GO SOUTHERN!

Fan-o-Southern
Varsity

Post by Fan-o-Southern »

heart... Southern. Head..... Meigs. Hate to say it, but loosing 4 or 5 seniors is hard. I think by tourney time they'll spoil some hopes.

yellowjacket
Freshman Team

Post by yellowjacket »

meigs won all 3 games the varsity won 48-41

yellowjacket
Freshman Team

Post by yellowjacket »

hardfowl,any stats on this game?

hardfowl
All State

Post by hardfowl »

Meigs 12 10 7 19 48
Southern 16 9 7 9 41

Meigs

Jesse Smith 19
Cameron Bolin 16
Dillon Boyer 5
Colton Stewart 4
Seth Wells 2
Dustin Ulbrich 2

Southern

Ryan Taylor 13
Ethan Martin 12
Marcus Hill 5
Andrew Roseberry 4
Dustin Custer 3
Zach Manuel 2
Dylan Roush 2

JV

Meigs 42
Southern 35

yellowjacket
Freshman Team

Post by yellowjacket »

thanks hardfowl

Fan-o-Southern
Varsity

Post by Fan-o-Southern »

I've never seen such a poor shooting performance by Southern than I saw last night. Shot when they shouldn't, and didn't when they could've/should've. Just saying.

I think they played hard, just seemed to waste so many shots. Varsity should've won. Led 3 of 4 qtr's., and I know, the last one counts.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Fan-o-Southern wrote:I've never seen such a poor shooting performance by Southern than I saw last night. Shot when they shouldn't, and didn't when they could've/should've. Just saying.

I think they played hard, just seemed to waste so many shots. Varsity should've won. Led 3 of 4 qtr's., and I know, the last one counts.
It'll be Ok come tournament time. Meigs will get knocked out early in the DII tourney and Southern will still be playing in DIV for a couple of weeks afterward. These type games prepare the Racine's of the world for tournament play and do nothing for the Pomeroy's of the world except give them one meaningless win on their record against a smaller foe.

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

Worst southern team in ten years, they do play hard just no talent to be had.

Hardwood
JV Team

Post by Hardwood »

G.W.A. wrote:Worst southern team in ten years, they do play hard just no talent to be had.

Southern shot 26% and hadn't played in two weeks, so I think they and their shooting will improve. GWA I remember people saying the same thing about the 2009 team after they shot 19% at Miller and they went on to win a district. There are still 15 regular season games left, it's way to early to judge the team.

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

Hardwood wrote:
G.W.A. wrote:Worst southern team in ten years, they do play hard just no talent to be had.

Southern shot 26% and hadn't played in two weeks, so I think they and their shooting will improve. GWA I remember people saying the same thing about the 2009 team after they shot 19% at Miller and they went on to win a district. There are still 15 regular season games left, it's way to early to judge the team.
I not judgeing them. I hope they improve, they just are not very talented this year. Grad hurt them this year but will help them next year when the other schools lose players and southern dont

Broken Tornadoe
Waterboy

Post by Broken Tornadoe »

[quote="G.W.A."]Worst southern team in ten years, they do play hard just no talent to be had.[/quote]

You must not have went to any games pre Jeff Caldwell or you wouldn't make such a moronic statement. I wish my kid could have played for Caldwell.

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

You must not have went to any games pre Jeff Caldwell or you wouldn't make such a moronic statement. I wish my kid could have played for Caldwell.[/quote]

I am a fan who is not afraid to state facts and give credit where its due.
I have went to many games over the years before and after jeff. He does a great Job, and is a great person. Matter of fact I played there myself. This is a great group of kids, they just dont have the talent that they had last year or the year before. Probaly the worst talent level since 2000 but they will bounce back.

Grinder
Freshman Team

Post by Grinder »

^^^^^^^^^^
What is up with these TVC posters? Here is a former player saying this team has no talent. Wow are you trying to give them confidence or destroy their confidence.

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

Read the entire post before making dumb statements, These kids know what they are lacking and they make up for it with effort and hard work. That will only take you so far, you also need talent

MaraudingBobcat
Waterboy

Post by MaraudingBobcat »

I find it interesting that no one can simply say "gee, Meigs has a growing program, played a heck of a game, their kids are working hard, and congratulations on the win" but no...it has to positioned that Southern is down...not that Meigs is up. I applaud BOTH Meigs County teams as they both played a hard-fought game. The Meigs kids deserves the kudos and the Southern players certainly do not deserve to be insulted.

Return to “Boys Basketball”