CHESAPEAKE vs WHEELERSBURG 12/30

rockyraccoon
All Conference

Re: CHESAPEAKE vs WHEELERSBURG 12/30

Post by rockyraccoon »

biggdowgg wrote:Stegman for Burg got a T on him in the second period and did not return...is that the coaches rule ?

Peake is a very very good team, with the addition of the big man,they will make some noise in post season
Did he get ejected? or just T'd up. that would explain the lopsided score if Stegman missed over half the game.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

That score doesn't surprise me with Stegman not playing. Even with him playing I'm sure Peake still would have won.

ovc fan
Varsity

Post by ovc fan »

I agree BurgGrad...it was already a little lopsided before that happened. Probably wouldn't have been as bad had he went back in. Especially since Kennedy was in foul trouble most of the game too. I guess thats the way the round ball bounces. Congrats to the Peake. Good luck to the Burg rest of the season.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

he was not ejected..like posted above the score at half was 42-15 , and he only missed a couple minutes in the 2nd...the T was his 3rd foul, so I figured he would come back in the second half, but he never did get back in.

peakes coach pulled his starters pretty early in the 4th.

Focused
SEOPS

Post by Focused »

Enjoyed talking to you at the game biggdowgg..

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

always good to see you focused.....

Ball4
Riding the Bench

Post by Ball4 »

Nice win Peake! I was not impressed with the Burg tonight. No shooters. Peake defense had something to do with that I'm sure. Their big man going out hurt them some but he alone would not have affected the outcome much. Might be the worst foul shooting team I've seen in a while. Keep it going Panthers. Enjoy the short break.

WhatsTheWord
Waterboy

Post by WhatsTheWord »

I am not sure what was going on with The Burg tonight. They almost looked like they were out of sync or something even when Stegmen was on the court. The basket was definitely covered with a lid on the Burg end, but Burg needs to make reversals, hit spotters, and get good looks at the basket instead of forcing shots. It wasn't the same Burg team I have been watching. I was very impressed with Chesapeake's outside shooting and quickness.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:That score doesn't surprise me with Stegman not playing. Even with him playing I'm sure Peake still would have won.
Good thing the kids decided not to play football so they can play on a mediocre basketball team

WhatsTheWord
Waterboy

Post by WhatsTheWord »

fbnut wrote:
Burg_Grad_77 wrote:That score doesn't surprise me with Stegman not playing. Even with him playing I'm sure Peake still would have won.
Good thing the kids decided not to play football so they can play on a mediocre basketball team
Wow. There are all kinds of factors why some kids didn't come out for football. Isn't this a basketball forum anyway?

callie11
Freshman Team

Post by callie11 »

The Burg would have to play a lot better to be mediocre.

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

Congraulations to Chesapeake on the win against Wheelersburg. No doubt, they were the better team. This team reminds me of the Burg teams in 06,07 and 08 with a very good starting five, strong on both ends of the floor and a very good bench.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

old pirate wrote:The Burg would have to play a lot better to be mediocre.
Wow...that's a pretty tough comment. Out of the top 6 players, 2 of them are sophomores and another missed all of last season due to an injury. Coming off of a 9-11 season, a 5-2 start is pretty good especially when the first loss was to a good Portsmouth team and the game could have went either way. The Peake is possibly the best team in southern Ohio with good size and excellent shooting. Give these kids some credit!

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

4th n Goal wrote:
old pirate wrote:The Burg would have to play a lot better to be mediocre.
Wow...that's a pretty tough comment. Out of the top 6 players, 2 of them are sophomores and another missed all of last season due to an injury. Coming off of a 9-11 season, a 5-2 start is pretty good especially when the first loss was to a good Portsmouth team and the game could have went either way. The Peake is possibly the best team in southern Ohio with good size and excellent shooting. Give these kids some credit!

I have to agree that Chesapeake is probably the best team in southeastern Ohio. I watched Ironton play Cincinnati Taft in the Ironton Classic and was very impressed with them even though they lost. Very good guards and two decent kids inside and I figure the Burg will struggle with them and Chesapeake handled the Tigers rather easily from the score I saw posted on here. Wouldn't surprise me to see the Panthers playing in the regional finals again and may the Final 4.

Return to “Boys Basketball”