1-5 Fairland @ Meigs

John Wooden
JV Team

1-5 Fairland @ Meigs

Post by John Wooden »

Thoughts
Last edited by John Wooden on Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

yellowjacket
Freshman Team

Re: 1-4 Fairland @ Meigs

Post by yellowjacket »

i heard this game was moved to wednesday the 5th

Hardwood
JV Team

Re: 1-5 Fairland @ Meigs

Post by Hardwood »

I will take Meigs at home.

yellowjacket
Freshman Team

Post by yellowjacket »

meigs wins tonight 77-68

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Is little Benny still the coach ? If so, what's with the turnaround ?

FHSstudentsection
Freshman Team

Post by FHSstudentsection »

Rly meigs? Show some class.trying to fight a highschooler when ur at least 50.... Proctorville is a poop hole?look at meigs?they must not know poop because everyone calls us rich!ignorance much

expert witness
Freshman Team

Post by expert witness »

what?

expert witness
Freshman Team

Post by expert witness »

Meigs is now the front runner for the #1 seed in the D3 Athens sectional. WOW.

Im All In
Waterboy

Post by Im All In »

Rly meigs? Show some class.trying to fight a highschooler when ur at least 50.... Proctorville is a poopy hole?look at meigs?they must not know poopy because everyone calls us rich!ignorance much
Sounds like another incident at Meigs last night with adult fans verbally harassing kids. Unfortunately, Meigs is developing a reputation for this, and until their administration cracks down it's only going to get worse. When Vinton County played there 2 fans had to be kicked out from Meigs and another sit behind the VC bench and started harassing players who were sitting out. When the VC administration asked the law enforcement officer to remove the person, the officer threatened to remove the VC administrator instead! I guess that's Meigs county law enforcement for you. Message to Meigs administration: For the first time in about 10 years, you actually have a decent basketball team. Try to win with class. Get some control over your crowd, so that a few idiots don't ruin your school's entire reputation.

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

i was there and the only thing i saw, was the fairland coach get a technical on a disputed call near the end of the game. other than that, and that was not much, the fans was great on BOTH SIDES. great game!

MaraudingBobcat
Waterboy

Post by MaraudingBobcat »

There are always two sides to every story. I was at the game last night and I will agree that adults should never, ever harass a kid; however, when the Fairland kid(s) were harassing the adult fans, the players, the cheerleaders, yelling profanities at the adults and being vulgar, they should be prepared to have an adult give them an earful on respect. I don't consider that harassment. School administrators have no control over adults who pay to come watch the game. I can tell you without any reservation that the Meigs administration pays very close attention to the behavior of their kids and will crack down on them immediately if they are acting inappropriately or disrespectfully. Meigs has waited a long time to have something to cheer about on the hardwood and its a fun year. Keep up the good work, Marauders!!!

FHSstudentsection
Freshman Team

Post by FHSstudentsection »

The fighting happened after the game.as us students were walking out we were called trash and poor.we came back with other stuff like gap tooth and skank.the man then said let's go to the parking lot!the officer came and made the student leave.in that situation I believe the man should of been restrained not a kid.the student section was being an average student section....

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

Most of meigs fans are parents, in their defense they are not use to winning so they dont know how to act classy. Its a work in process

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

when a bunch of teens are insulting a person's date then they ought to be told to shut up. i did not see anything so i withhold judgement but meigs winning has nothing to do with it. if it did vinton would have a lousy rep and that just ain't true.

balla4life
Riding the Bench

Post by balla4life »

the kids weren't the problem from Megis, it was the adults. It was kids being kids in the student section and the adults that chose to sit in front of the student section acting like idiots. Too bad for the boys that played so hard, they do have a good team but with fans like that it leaves a sour taste in your mouth.

Return to “Boys Basketball”