Has anybody noticed any D-1 prospects to watch for?

Ice Man
Waterboy

Has anybody noticed any D-1 prospects to watch for?

Post by Ice Man »

I've watched Chillicothe play this year. Ragland and London are shoe ins. I'm not hearing alot of talking this year about big men this year or coming next year.

Come on folks give me some names to watch for. D-1 prospects only in southeast ohio for this year and next.

Hopefully our beloved buckeyes will keep a few in Ohio

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Re: Has anybody noticed any D-1 prospects to watch for?

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Blake Justice from Peebles is going to Akron.

Im not sure if you mean "big men" as in top players or literal post players. :-D Here are the top post prospects in SEO off the top of my head...but very few, maybe only London and Kretzer, will get a chance to play at the D-1 level.

In no order(Feel free to add names..im sure I missed a few):

Malik London-6'8"-Jr.-Chillicothe
Trey Fletcher-6'5"-Soph.-Ironton
Blake Blevins-6'7"-Sr.-Manchester
Jon Sewell-6'11"/7'-Sr.-Marietta
Chris Cox-6'5"/6'6"-Sr.-Leesburg Fairfield
Jacob Daniels-6'6"-Jr.-Peebles
Dion McKinley-6'5"-Jr.-Portsmouth
Colin Kennedy-6'7"-Sr.-Chesapeake
Tre Underwood-6'4"-Sr.-Portsmouth
Jack Hart-6'8"-Sr.-Alexander
Grant Venham-6'3"-Sr.-Warren
Keenan Brush-6'6"-Sr.-Piketon
Harrison Martin-6'4"/6'5"-Sr.-Waverly
Jake Kretzer(Sort of a point forward)-6'7"-Jr.-Waverly
Andy Stegman-6'6"-Sr.-Wheelersburg
Austin McMaster-6'6"-Jr.-Chesapeake
Noah Guthrie-6'7"-Trimble
Last edited by TribeManiac10 on Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:08 pm, edited 8 times in total.

claypantherfan
All State

Post by claypantherfan »

Kretzler from waverly

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Forgot Austin McMaster, 6'5, Jr, Chesapeake---William and Mary, Akron, Ohio U, Marshall, E. Kentucky, Princeton, and St. Francis are all very interested in Austin.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

No way Dion is 6'5 or 6'6---he and Austin played on the same AAU team...he was a good inch or two shorter then Austin.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I think Kretzler and Fletcher are D1 players.

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

Dion is 6'4 or 6'5

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Fletcher is a 6'5 post man. Going to have to grow more to be d1. No many 6'5 centers in d1.

If Dion is 6'5 then Austin is 6'7.

Just saying, both played AAU together and I am guess Dion is 6'4 at best.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

peake wrote:Fletcher is a 6'5 post man. Going to have to grow more to be d1. No many 6'5 centers in d1.

If Dion is 6'5 then Austin is 6'7.

Just saying, both played AAU together and I am guess Dion is 6'4 at best.
Dion is just as tall if not taller than Trey Fletcher who, in every program ive bought going to their games this season, is listed at 6'5". Also, im still saying Austin is 6'6"...he was listed at 6'4" in their program at Ironton and was only about an inch shorter than Colin Kennedy in the picture who is listed at 6'7".

Ice Man
Waterboy

Post by Ice Man »

Thank You for your replys. Big men I was meaning 6'8" post players or larger with skills. To the best of my knowledge London is tops in the area, he just lacks some body weight and muscle. Red shirted for the first year would allow him to bulk up and provide his future college team with some valuable skills. I look forward to seeing him play on tv in the future.

I havent seen the Manchester or Peebles boys yet but will look to see if there is a close game I can watch.

I have seen some of the players some of you mentioned and I feel they are really good high school players. But D-1 prospects thats a tough one.

It's nice if we can provide D-1 players that we all can watch in the future. Kind of makes it nice knowing some of the players.

Championship
JV Team

Post by Championship »

Justice at Peebles is the best I've seen in this area, kids been a star since he was a freshman so very deserving at Akron. I agree with the post that Fletcher at Ironton will have to grow to be a post man at the D-1 level with that being said he is only a sophomore so his body shouldnt be fully developed. Also I'd say that Zac Carter at Ironton will probably be getting D-1 looks when its all said and done, the kid can score. Yes he is undersized but has that stopped him from scoring against teams like Cincy Taft and Peake who had 6'2 Copley guarding him at times, answer being no. He's just a sophomore and has scored 30+ in games at least 3 times that I can recall.

'Peake' is Copley getting any looks from anyone? doesnt have to be D-1 just a question, he is a little undersized but he runs the point well and is very smart, not to mention when hes on he can shoot the lights out. I can't see him not playing anywhere after high school.

Ice Man
Waterboy

Post by Ice Man »

Thanks I will have to check out a Peebles game. I wish his team the best of luck. What division are they?

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Carter def has a shot, going to have to prove it against better compertition imo. Copley may be 6'2 but he is also not a d1 player either.

Fletcher is a very nice player, but he is going to have to grow imo. Still has a long ways to go.

McMaster has an excellent shot. You don't see many 6'6 guards just haning on the street corner. Put 24 and 10 on Columbus Africentric and 17 on Ironton in the regional finals as a sophomore.

Dion can flat out shot the rock, but he doesn't have the first step imo to blow past d1 guards or the ball handling skills to play d1 jmo.

Borders Rewards

Post by Borders Rewards »

McMaster's is not even close to a D-1 caliber player.

streetballer
Varsity

Post by streetballer »

blake justice is a great player..i belive blevins is well deserving of playin on a good d-1 team..hell how many 6'7"(somewhere round that height)guys can shoot that good from behind the arc??

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

boarder,

Tell that to William and Mary, Princeton, Ohio U, Marshall, E Kentucky, Akron, St. Francis. He averaged 16ppg as a sophomore and is averaging 18ppg now. He also has two others players he has to share the ball with.

Kid played for the #2 AAU team in Ohio, he can play. I am one of the people in contact with some of these schools, I talk to the coaches, they are very interested.

6'6 guards who shot 45% from 3, run the floor, and can play above the rim don't grow on trees.

Five Point
JV Team

Post by Five Point »

Borders Rewards, I think you are wrong. He has the ability and is getting the looks. He is only going to improve this year and next with the system he plays in.

gaurdDUTY
Riding the Bench

Post by gaurdDUTY »

TribeManiac10 wrote:Blake Justice from Peebles is going to Akron.

Im not sure if you mean "big men" as in top players or literal post players. :-D Here are the top post prospects in SEO off the top of my head...but very few, maybe only London and Kretzer, will get a chance to play at the D-1 level.

Sorry, don't agree with Jack Hart. Noah Guthrie from TVC Trimble is better and not D1. JMO

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

gaurdDUTY wrote:

Sorry, don't agree with Jack Hart. Noah Guthrie from TVC Trimble is better and not D1. JMO
Thanks for the info. I havent seen Guthrie play yet and Hart just happened to pop in my head when thinking of the TVC. Do you have a height for him? Also im just putting the top big men in the area not necissarily future D1 players. Kretzer, London, and McMaster will all more than likely play D1 in the future but there are others on this list that have college caliber potential, be it D1 , D2, D3, NAIA, etc.
Last edited by TribeManiac10 on Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

YC08
Riding the Bench

Post by YC08 »

Tribe, I think you are being very biased with one of your additions to this list. ;-) Not sure if you could get anyone to agree with that addition. Do you care if we delete any? lol

Truthfully though I think a lot of these are far stretches, I think some people have a cloudy judgement and are not sure what it really takes to be considered a D1 ball player, let a lone become one. Wishing these boys nothing but the best but just being realistic.
Last edited by YC08 on Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Boys Basketball”