Chesapeake, OH vs. Logan, WV 1/17/11 @ Vets Mem. Fieldhouse

ThePeakeInsider
JV Team

Re: Chesapeake, OH vs. Logan, WV 1/17/11 @ Vets Mem. Fieldho

Post by ThePeakeInsider »

My big complaint was the kids keeping the clock,their may have been a foul on this situation,but the clock showed 0's,80 ft. from the basket this is a no call situation period.At one point during the game the clock continue to run on a dead ball foul four at least 20 sec. ,but the officials did not correct this time loss.Enough said,this was a great high school game that got decided by an official.

buckey fan
Waterboy

Post by buckey fan »

conehead said: It was a foul. I know that. But he just ran into him. It wasn't a shove, and it wasn't an elbow. If the game had been officiated differently, I would have been alright with the call. But with an entire game of no calls, I'm not alright with it. Players got away with pushing off, shoving, etc. the whole time that was much more deliberate than that last foul. If it's not a foul at the beginning, it shouldn't be a foul at the end. One that really sticks out to me was when a Chesapeake player (can't remember who) was guarding the point guard as he brought the ball up the court, and the pg shoved the defender so hard he hit the floor. And he didn't just lose his balance, either; he fell hard. No call.

That being said, it's a terrible way to lose, but I was very impressed with the whole team last night. If someone's having an off night, there's always someone there to make up for it. I think this loss did much more for the Peake than beating someone by a ton. It's getting them ready for another long run in the postseason
ad: I have to agree with Conehead on all the inconsistant calls, and fouls commited on Chesapeakes center all during game. If the Kennedy (Center) had been PROTECTED like the Williamson kid and put on the line equally then Logan would not have been in game at the end.

I just happened to have taped this game and reviewed the last 3 seconds. Guess who should have been at foul line shooting two foul shots instead of P. Williamson? At 2.7 seconds, during fight for rebound, Chesapeakes center was KNOCKED to the floor by #24 and No foul called!!!!! So, Conehead was right. If you call a foul at 1.7 seconds left against Chesapeake, then why not call an obvious foul at 2.7 seconds left against Logan. Just something to think about.
GREAT GAME PEAKE!!!!!!!!!

ChessyFan09
Freshman Team

Post by ChessyFan09 »

:122246 :122246 Tommy Hardy probably wouldn't have made that call. :roll: :roll:

Pioneer_PA
Freshman Team

Post by Pioneer_PA »

If you look at the link (and I suggest you look full-screen), the Chesapeake big guy fell on his own because he was off-balance. There isn't a blue jersey within reach of him to knock him to the floor.

Chesapeake is better than this guys. Fantastic program that doesn't make excuses. Take the game for what it was worth...a tremendous game, full of clutch plays on both sides, and the simple fact is, the winner doesn't matter come postseason.

ThePeakeInsider
JV Team

Post by ThePeakeInsider »

I agree with that statement,Tommy understands what an officials function is,not to be the center of attention,but to control a game,especially with 1.7 seconds left and no shot being taken.

butcherman108
SEO

Post by butcherman108 »

ChessyFan09 wrote::122246 :122246 Tommy Hardy probably wouldn't have made that call. :roll: :roll:
Tommy would still have been at the other end of the court. We make bets how many times he will get past half court each half when he calls a game.. :lol:
Last edited by butcherman108 on Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

moose
Varsity

Post by moose »

Just got back from the game. I rode with Tommy Hardy. :shock:

Great game between two evenly matched teams. Williamson put on a shooting clinic and hit the big shot when he needed to. The Kennedy kids for Peake played great. Colin had the game of his career against the big guys from Logan. Congrats to the Wildcats on the victory. There were a lot of positives for Peake from this game.

FHSstudentsection
Freshman Team

Post by FHSstudentsection »

I was at the game also. I think the ref madevthe right call.u can't give the ball to peak in that situation.there was clear contact.u have to call that

dime-a-dozen
Varsity

Post by dime-a-dozen »

on a side not your students were classless!

JustAfanInTheStands1
Waterboy

Post by JustAfanInTheStands1 »

[quote="FHSstudentsection"]I was at the game also. I think the ref madevthe right call.u can't give the ball to peak in that situation.there was clear contact.u have to call that[/quote

a fairland student would say something like that. wait until you all play peake. you all have a 0 % chance of winning. just my honest opinion though. thats all. ;-)

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Clearly a foul and the correct call was made. I can't believe anyone would even complain about that.

BRUTUS IS A BEAST
All Conference

Post by BRUTUS IS A BEAST »

All I know is that, the last whistle in the game was a terrible one and should of never happened. A referee is not meant to be there to decide the outcome of the game, that is the players job!

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

BRUTUS IS A BEAST wrote:All I know is that, the last whistle in the game was a terrible one and should of never happened. A referee is not meant to be there to decide the outcome of the game, that is the players job!

And yet I would bet all of you complaining about this that if the situation were reversed and the call wasn't made that every one of you would be on here complaining why they call wasn't made when it was perfectly clear that the Logan boy fouled your Peake player as he was going for the ball.

It doesn't matter if it happens in the first 1.7 seconds of the game or the last 1.7 seconds of the game, a foul is a foul and should be called. And that was clearly a foul.

0 for Monday
Waterboy

Post by 0 for Monday »

I disagree. I wouldn't be mad at all. It would have sent the game into OT, and the winner would be determined by play and not on a whistle 80 feet from the basket. Throughout the game, Williamson was doing a great job at drawing fouls, and being dramatic. If you look at the video, it kind of looks as if he crosses into Nobles path and falls. It's over though. The refs called a good game, I just believe that the game should have ended another way.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

:mrgreen:

independent2012
Freshman Team

Post by independent2012 »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:ImageWheres the wine.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

independent2012 wrote:
Burg_Grad_77 wrote:ImageWheres the wine.

It's on the last 3 or 4 pages. :mrgreen:

svbt1112
Varsity

Post by svbt1112 »

That definitely is a tough way to lose a ballgame. If that would have happened to South Webster with 1.7 seconds left then I would have definitely been expressing my totally unbiased opinion that it was a terrible call. :12223

Great job by the Panthers to be in position to win that game. Chesapeake seems to be ready for another tournament run.

BRUTUS IS A BEAST
All Conference

Post by BRUTUS IS A BEAST »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:
BRUTUS IS A BEAST wrote:All I know is that, the last whistle in the game was a terrible one and should of never happened. A referee is not meant to be there to decide the outcome of the game, that is the players job!

And yet I would bet all of you complaining about this that if the situation were reversed and the call wasn't made that every one of you would be on here complaining why they call wasn't made when it was perfectly clear that the Logan boy fouled your Peake player as he was going for the ball.

It doesn't matter if it happens in the first 1.7 seconds of the game or the last 1.7 seconds of the game, a foul is a foul and should be called. And that was clearly a foul.
Yes I would of been mad to win or lose that way, When I win I want it to be real and the same way if I lose. Who wants to lose to a whistle being blown

Return to “Boys Basketball”