Is Eastern(Pike) gonna bounce back?

The Player
Riding the Bench

Is Eastern(Pike) gonna bounce back?

Post by The Player »

With 3 losses in a row, what is wrong with eastern? Sometimes eastern kills teams that shouldn't have gotten killed, but of late they're throwing their SOC chances away.

HoundsAre4Real
JV Team

Re: Is Eastern(Pike) gonna bounce back?

Post by HoundsAre4Real »

THEY AREN'T EVERY GOOD PLAIN AND SIMPLE.....

jimmy chipwood
All Conference

Post by jimmy chipwood »

I think they will right the ship. I still think they have a chance to be the best team in the SOC2 even if they dont win the league title.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

I have to agree very young and athletic.

rockyraccoon
All Conference

Post by rockyraccoon »

I know they lost to Clay, but they were in that game until the last few minutes, and the only lost by one to Green. Not sure who the third loss was too, but I don't see them being out. Clay, Green and Eastern are the top teams in the SOC I and anyone of them have a shot at the titel, depending on how who wins the remaining Head to Head contests. And as Clay learned last night, there are no for sure wins.

meathead
Waterboy

Post by meathead »

They have a young talented team , but some players are not as high on Fitchs ladder and they make one mistake and they are ridin pine when others make mistakes its ok kids see this and they dont want to give there all . Maybe not an exuse but thats what i see

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

I agree somewhat with Meathead in that the team is very young with two soph.'s (Lands and Pickett) as major factors. Tonight, I saw Fitch sat Thornsberry for a no look pass turnover and several other starters for other issues I guess.
What I see is a team that has little post game and also struggles from the outside? So the teams are packing it in and yet making it tougher on the guards which should be a bigger advantage IMHO.

They play hard and are right there I think. One thing for sure, Fitch needs to make the weightroom a bigger priority! Our team gets shoved everywhere!

Blanton34
Waterboy

Post by Blanton34 »

Fitch is a great coach.
He knows what he is doing.
We will see who will win the SOC.

the toro loco
Riding the Bench

Post by the toro loco »

The Eagles are the 2009-2010 SOC1 champs, finding ways to win is in there play book

live4sport
JV Team

Post by live4sport »

Eaglesnest----I just went your game vs. Clay and you have NO post presence at all. As far as getting shoved around you guys have a lot of athletic kids just no beef under the basket. weights will help but body type and a players weight are also factors in the post. If you give up 40-50 pounds per post player you will have a rough night down there.

bird33
Waterboy

Post by bird33 »

eastern has a lot of potential and will contend for the soc. u just have to give the team time

rockyraccoon
All Conference

Post by rockyraccoon »

When is Eastern going to make up the missed game with Symmes valley. Maybe they could just play two games tomorrow!

vikingalumni
Waterboy

Post by vikingalumni »

rockyraccoon wrote:I know they lost to Clay, but they were in that game until the last few minutes, and the only lost by one to Green. Not sure who the third loss was too, but I don't see them being out. Clay, Green and Eastern are the top teams in the SOC I and anyone of them have a shot at the titel, depending on how who wins the remaining Head to Head contests. And as Clay learned last night, there are no for sure wins.
And you don't see Symmes Valley as a top team? I hope they play well tonight, but regardless, they are players in the title run and should be respected.

vikingalumni
Waterboy

Post by vikingalumni »

the toro loco wrote:The Eagles are the 2009-2010 SOC1 champs, finding ways to win is in there play book
I didn't realize having a good playbook was all you needed...anyone could improve THEIR playbook. A team that plays together, has heart, and is coached with respect and common sense has a chance as well.

the toro loco
Riding the Bench

Post by the toro loco »

:lol: put you're money where you're mouth is!!!

rockyraccoon
All Conference

Post by rockyraccoon »

vikingalumni wrote:
rockyraccoon wrote:I know they lost to Clay, but they were in that game until the last few minutes, and the only lost by one to Green. Not sure who the third loss was too, but I don't see them being out. Clay, Green and Eastern are the top teams in the SOC I and anyone of them have a shot at the titel, depending on how who wins the remaining Head to Head contests. And as Clay learned last night, there are no for sure wins.
And you don't see Symmes Valley as a top team? I hope they play well tonight, but regardless, they are players in the title run and should be respected.
Viking, pay attention to the dates of the post. I posted this on Jan 23rd, before Symmes Valley had gone on their winning streak. We will see how good Symmes Valley is after they play Eastern twice, still haven't heard when they are going to make up the missed game.

vikingalumni
Waterboy

Post by vikingalumni »

rockyraccoon wrote:
vikingalumni wrote:
Viking, pay attention to the dates of the post. I posted this on Jan 23rd, before Symmes Valley had gone on their winning streak. We will see how good Symmes Valley is after they play Eastern twice, still haven't heard when they are going to make up the missed game.
The make up date is Feb. 8th and you are right we will see what the records are after those games. My point being, the posts make it sound as though Eastern is THE team to beat (including your most recent above), but in reality they are next to SV in the rankings and SV has beaten the two top ranked teams. Eastern has to prove themselves as well, and the Vikings should not be disregarded.

vikingalumni
Waterboy

Post by vikingalumni »

vikingalumni wrote:
the toro loco wrote:The Eagles are the 2009-2010 SOC1 champs, finding ways to win is in there play book
I didn't realize having a good playbook was all you needed...anyone could improve THEIR playbook. A team that plays together, has heart, and is coached with respect and common sense has a chance as well.[/quote

Okay, having a discussion is much easier with a rational person, so maybe I should not have responded to your post....the misuse of THERE just really bothered me. BUT, I made no predictions nor did I say the Vikings would for sure win...I simply said they deserved respect in the SOC. I also just don't care for how their coach behaves, winner or not, he acts terrible.

Return to “Boys Basketball”