Eastern vs Federal Hocking 01/21/2011

Foxworthy
Freshman Team

Re: Eastern vs Federal Hocking 01/21/2011

Post by Foxworthy »

Good luck Lancers and to both teams. Always a good rivalry game. Hopefully we can focus on basketball here. Never know what will happen, that's why we play the game. When you look at all these high school teams there are really very small differences when it comes down to it in the end with turnovers, shooting percentage and rebounding usually at the core of the tilt.

On the score comparison side maybe our Eastern and SG posters should consider the thrashing that Eastern laid on Trimble after Trimble beat Wahama at Wahama?? Throw out the score books. Every game is a new game. Eastern should know as they walked out by the skin of their teeth last year at Stewart after a hard fought over-time win. They beat up on FH at their place on Sr. night so what was the difference?? Basketball is mental game and that is why Howie can put a good and competitive team on the floor each year so hat's off to his system.

Go Lancers! Play hard! Play proud!

Grinder
Freshman Team

Post by Grinder »

Wow every-time I read a Federal Hocking thread there is some kind of controversy. I know Eastern is D4 what is Federal Hocking? Do they play each other in the tournaments? I know Eastern has had a lot of tournament success over the years. I have watched them play at the Convo. Can someone tell me about Federal Hocking, I don't know that I have ever seen them play? Have they played any tournament games at the Convo in the last ten years?

CATalyst
Freshman Team

Post by CATalyst »

Eastern with a score as much as they want. Someone said anything can happen and I am a believer of that philosophy - but Eastern is just down right better. I wish both teams the best of luck and would love to see Fed come out with a victory.

gymrat88
JV Team

Post by gymrat88 »

Grinder wrote:Wow every-time I read a Federal Hocking thread there is some kind of controversy. I know Eastern is D4 what is Federal Hocking? Do they play each other in the tournaments? I know Eastern has had a lot of tournament success over the years. I have watched them play at the Convo. Can someone tell me about Federal Hocking, I don't know that I have ever seen them play? Have they played any tournament games at the Convo in the last ten years?
I'm not sure what you mean by controversies on FH threads, please explain. Federal Hocking's Boys are a very small D3 and the Girls are D4. Eastern and FH don't play in the tournaments because of the divisional difference. The Lancers have not had great success in the tournaments, and have gone to the Convo twice I believe in the last 10 years. But, FH has had to play the likes of Chesapeake, Wheelersburg, and Ironton before just to get out of the Sectionals let alone the Districts, and the two games they played in the Convo were against North Adams who has had fine programs over the years. I'm not taking anything away from D4 teams or Eastern, but quite frankly Eastern's teams that have gone to the Convo over the years would have had a much harder time going up against the D3 teams and in turn the Lancers would probably have been in the Convo multiple years in D4.

KingJames
JV Team

Post by KingJames »

I think that's the point of having divisions

Grinder
Freshman Team

Post by Grinder »

gymrat88, on this thread alone it looks like a coaching issue with some of your fans arguing about petitions. I read on other threads about issues with officials and reporters. I guess I think of all these things as controversy. Maybe I should of said there is always some kind of drama.

Voice_of_Reason
Waterboy

Post by Voice_of_Reason »

Anyone know for sure if this game is to be played?

mikethompson
Riding the Bench

Post by mikethompson »

[quote="Grinder"]gymrat88, on this thread alone it looks like a coaching issue with some of your fans arguing about petitions. I read on other threads about issues with officials and reporters. I guess I think of all these things as controversy. Maybe I should of said there is always some kind of drama.[/quote

It's the FH posters they are dumb and they act like we havent heard about stuff. Refs, Fans, and Their Coaches their posters are a joke.

Voice_of_Reason
Waterboy

Post by Voice_of_Reason »

Mike - Easy on throwing the word "dumb" around. By your posts, its readily apparrent that you have some deep psychological problems. Lancer envy perhaps? I would also gather that, by every known measure of human intelligence, YOU are way down on the food chain - WAY DOWN LOW - perhaps even at the very bottom.

Please refrain from mentioning Chris Saylor or Ryan Rex in your posts. These are high school student athletes. I have no doubt that Chris is a bigger man at 16-17 then you will ever be - literally and figuratively. Furthermore, I believe that Ryan already has a girlfriend.

gymrat88
JV Team

Post by gymrat88 »

Grinder wrote:gymrat88, on this thread alone it looks like a coaching issue with some of your fans arguing about petitions. I read on other threads about issues with officials and reporters. I guess I think of all these things as controversy. Maybe I should of said there is always some kind of drama.
Grinder- every high school has problems when it comes to some not happy with coaching, fans not happy with officials. I can tell you that Chris Murray the Head Coach of Federal Hocking is a great guy and is doing his absolute best to bring back the tradition of Lancer Basketball. As far as officials, it just so happens that there are a handful of schools in the TVC Hocking that take pride in cheating the other teams for their own personal gain. I don't care what anybody says, it is a fact. Any time you have a team with the strong Basketball history like FH having a 3-7 season, there is always going to be drama. I think that's what you're seeing on this thread and others you have read. Federal Hocking is a good school, with a good administration, and good kids.

KingJames
JV Team

Post by KingJames »

The game is on for sure

Grinder
Freshman Team

Post by Grinder »

gymrat88, I will agree with you there is always more drama and complaining about coaches, officials and everything else around struggling programs. Which all of this just makes things worse for the program. I hope you guys get things turned around, it sounds like a lot of passion fans about their basketball. I see your game is still on, I think I only seen one other game that wasn't canceled. Does this game have internet coverage? All the games in my area are canceled and its not Friday night without high school basketball.

KingJames
JV Team

Post by KingJames »

It might be on the radio. 92.1 if it is

Foxworthy
Freshman Team

Post by Foxworthy »

Grinder, I don't know what your knowledge of the FH Program is. For a variety of reasons and there is no stone throwing here, just a mathematical fact, FH has had 4 head basketball coaches in 5 years. The fans just want to see some stability return to a progam and school that has a great basketball tradition. It is hard to be patient during times of change but that is what the FH fans must be to get this show back on the road. A house divided is a house that falls.

FH has always been a D3 for years as someone else previously mentioned but is now a small D3 so playing small D3 and D4 talent is to their disadvantage when it comes tourney time against some very tough D3 programs in Southern Ohio. I also believe D3 rural stands at a huge disadvantage to D3 city in sports but this is a whole other conversation. FH is about as rural as a school can get and covers nearly half of geographic Athens County (six townships). The topography of the FH school district is not for the faint of heart!! When you look at other large geographic school districts in Southern Ohio and I'm going to name Vinton County, Logan-Hocking and Morgan Counties here, they have ups and downs in their athletics and are not "county dominant teams" year in and year out. Having school districts too big and spread out geographically can cause havoc for sports programs due to many factors. IMO.

Good luck Lancers. Show toughness and good sportmanship tonite! It's your house!

scorekeeper1
Riding the Bench

Post by scorekeeper1 »

Any one have a score at this time yet?

g w mclintock
All State

Post by g w mclintock »

Eastern won by 10 or so. Close game until the last 2 minutes.

KingJames
JV Team

Post by KingJames »

Eastern played like crap. It was pretty classy out of Fed Hocks student section to chant "You Suck" everytime Hendrix got the ball

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

If someone has an exact score - that would be cool.

thx

gymrat88
JV Team

Post by gymrat88 »

KingJames wrote:Eastern played like crap. It was pretty classy out of Fed Hocks student section to chant "You Suck" everytime Hendrix got the ball
Of course Eastern playing like crap I'm sure had NOTHING to do with Federal Hocking in any way whatsoever. :roll:

As far as the student section, I encourage you sometime to go to a rivalry game such as Moeller vs. St. Xavier. If you think that a student section telling a player they suck is classless, then you obviously haven't seen too many Basketball games. The fact that FH's student section called him out basically translates to them recognizing him as a good player. It is part of the game, and you just take it for what it's worth.

93Bulldog- The final score was 50-40. The Lancers played with a lot of heart tonight and gave it their best shot. The FH JV won by 21.

CATalyst
Freshman Team

Post by CATalyst »

gymrat88 wrote:
KingJames wrote:Eastern played like crap. It was pretty classy out of Fed Hocks student section to chant "You Suck" everytime Hendrix got the ball
Of course Eastern playing like crap I'm sure had NOTHING to do with Federal Hocking in any way whatsoever. :roll:

As far as the student section, I encourage you sometime to go to a rivalry game such as Moeller vs. St. Xavier. If you think that a student section telling a player they suck is classless, then you obviously haven't seen too many Basketball games. The fact that FH's student section called him out basically translates to them recognizing him as a good player. It is part of the game, and you just take it for what it's worth.

93Bulldog- The final score was 50-40. The Lancers played with a lot of heart tonight and gave it their best shot. The FH JV won by 21.
That is amazing. Congrats to Fed. Any team can be beat - whoever shows up and ready to plan wins. What a great win for Fed.

Return to “Boys Basketball”