waverly vs. oakhill 1/22

crazymidgets
All Conference

Re: waverly vs. oakhill 1/22

Post by crazymidgets »

No downtown it isnt when its just at waverly go back and read the thread of at oak hill last yr it was a mugging, the boy who was mad from waverly last yr had good reason and if he would have gotten ahold of him an a@# whipping would have happened, he was taken down by the guard who graduated last year and then stomped in the face on purpose, then tackled and kicked in the nuts by the same player who had to sit the rest of the game this yr. At oak hill last yr kretzer was tackled into the bleachers and his dad came down and picked him up, you can defend this play all you want still doesnt make it right. and at some point its gonna cause something way worse to happen a parent wont just go help his son up hes gonna go after somebody. We know Oak Hill can play basketball just playing it with class and sportsmanship is the problem and you seem to lack the same qualities since you defend this type of behavior.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Downtown,
The only incident we are talking about here is the flagrant, deliberate, cheap shot elbow to the face of #0. Talk about last year this and Walls that (which we could debate) but the fact remains the incident Saturday night was "DIRTY" - not physical play. Try as hard as it may to understand the difference. If the officials thought it physical play they would say play on. They called a flagrant technical and sat the kid. Playing physical is one thing, throwing elbows to the head is another.

independent,
The problem is 1, 2, 3 point losses. If those were wins everyone would be singing their praises and they would be on the elite 8 list with two losses (Logan Elm & Portsmouth).

crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

Post by crazee-oakaholic »

so its ok for a waverly guy to choke an oak hill player for stomping his face on purpose but its no oak for an oak hill player to elbow a waverly player for grabbing him between the legs 3 times?

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

He was grabbed between the legs 3 times and no-one saw any of it or complained to the officials about it? If someone's grabbing me there I'm saying something about it!

So, you admit the Waverly player was stomped in the face last year, thanks. About time you guys start seeing the light.

crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

Post by crazee-oakaholic »

I didnt see him get stomped in the face last year i was just going by crazymidgets or whatever saying it was ok for that guy to choke him bc he got stomped to the face...so its ok for waverly to get a pay back but not the oaks. ask #0 if he did that, I mean its probably true if thats what the shirts in the student section were saying :)

soccerfix
Varsity

Post by soccerfix »

#0 is 100% male. Those guys are football players and best friends. He held his jersey as stated before. And Crazee if you are an adult you have no justification to insinuate that a high school kid is gay. You are a little out of control and the moderators might have a message for you. The player is a 16 year kid and you want to label him. I can imagine the reception he will get at Oak Hill. All this because your kind wants to condone cheap shots.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

crazee-oakaholic,
Where did you get the information he grabbed anyone between the legs? If that's just stuff you're stirring on here for a "basis" for the cheap shot than take it somewhere else, it has no place on this site. As far as I know there were no such complaints. I doubt that's going to happen and no complaints voiced.
Last edited by smurray on Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

Again the question, Isn't grabbing someone's crotch a cheap shot? No one is saying that what Oak Hill's player did wasn't wrong. But if someone is grabbing me and nothing is being done then I think I would have to do something about it.

Downtown
Freshman Team

Post by Downtown »

Look, the officials seen it the way they wanted to see and their judgment is paramount. If you don't like it, then complain to the officiating board. Waverly is just a bunch of thugs. Period.

GOINDIANS
Freshman Team

Post by GOINDIANS »

When are waverly people going to wake up to reality. Its time for a new coach. There has been more talent through there the last four years than anywhere. You have 4 division 1 college players and cant get barely above .500. You have had Walls, Roback, Kretzer and Martin and cant win. That is a joke. It is going to get real ugly for Waverly next year and especially the year after when all of the division 1 talent graduates.

onthepitch
Freshman Team

Post by onthepitch »

Downtown wrote:Look, the officials seen it the way they wanted to see and their judgment is paramount. If you don't like it, then complain to the officiating board. Waverly is just a bunch of thugs. Period.
Where does Norm sell this Kool Aid you have been drinking?? Its funny how Waverly has been called soft and now thugs.. all in the same thread where Oak Hill has only been called Dirty. Forgive us soft thugs for trying to protect our players from Dirty play...because we all know Oak Hill would do the same. Watch the tapes again I have a feeling Norm saved Slone from a 2 game suspension.

As for Waverly's coaching they have 4 D1 players as you say getting a full ride to college I feel like they are winning in a bigger game than basketball. Would we like to have won more games...sure. If we can get a fair game and the better team wins I can live with that. Also hard to go to district every year when you must go through Chillicothe every year as well.

crazymidgets
All Conference

Post by crazymidgets »

you know what i dont have to post on this anymore I can plainly see why your team plays the way it does just from reading your posts and it clears a lot of things up thanks.
Oh and yeah you get kicked in the face yes i approve of the person getting up and whipping the other person, i have no problem with that.

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

crazymidgets wrote:you know what i dont have to post on this anymore I can plainly see why your team plays the way it does just from reading your posts and it clears a lot of things up thanks.
Oh and yeah you get kicked in the face yes i approve of the person getting up and whipping the other person, i have no problem with that.
So then you should have no problem with getting fondled and taking some revenge?

.RadChad.
Waterboy

Post by .RadChad. »

Well i actually just got done watching the film and kept my eye on #0, there was no grabbing of any sort done by him. I did come to find that he took two elbows before the one from Slone. So if your still going to be talking about fondling and revenge than i really don't want to read the forum the next time these two meet.

tap in bogey
Freshman Team

Post by tap in bogey »

There was no "grabbing and fondling". That is only an excuse made up to justify cheap shots. As an impartial observer there to watch a good high school basketball game, nothing justified what happened the other night. A two game suspension would be the ordinary action taken here.

Downtown
Freshman Team

Post by Downtown »

I think Waverly wants to be fondled and cuddled.

.RadChad.
Waterboy

Post by .RadChad. »

I think Downtown wants to be fondled and cuddled.

oaks one
Waterboy

Post by oaks one »

Sort of strange that Oak Hill just beat Wheelersburg and South Webster in two very intense games and they had no complaints of dirty play, nor did Northwest or Minford????

.RadChad.
Waterboy

Post by .RadChad. »

oaks one wrote:Sort of strange that Oak Hill just beat Wheelersburg and South Webster in two very intense games and they had no complaints of dirty play, nor did Northwest or Minford????
Did you not go to the game?
Last edited by .RadChad. on Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

there was def dirty play but there isnt any sense in trying to argue about it with you Oak Hill fans

Return to “Boys Basketball”