Symmes Valley @ Notre Dame--Game is still on.

CharlieHustle
All Conference

Symmes Valley @ Notre Dame--Game is still on.

Post by CharlieHustle »

I guess Symmes Valley said that are okay with taking the trip to Portsmouth tonight, so the game is still on for tonight. JV will start at 6pm.

photo_electric_guy
JV Team

Re: Symmes Valley @ Notre Dame--Game is still on.

Post by photo_electric_guy »

Hope it's a better game then the last time.

photo_electric_guy
JV Team

Post by photo_electric_guy »

Final
Symmes Valley 58
Notre Dame 40

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

what in the world is up with the lack of offense ? 31 at Clay and 40 tonight at home ???

rockyraccoon
All Conference

Post by rockyraccoon »

From what I seen at Clay, they were lucky to get 31. Poor shot selection in both JV and Varsity game. I saw boys who probably went 1 for 10 from the three. There comes a point where the coach says, that is not our game plan. They have athletic players on the floor, just looks like they need to find out what their strengths and weaknesses are, and work their game around that.

countyhobo
Riding the Bench

Post by countyhobo »

I would like to know how many turnovers we had. It seems like the only outside shot we take is a 3 point shot which we are probably under 20%. SV last nite took shots from around the elbow and made them. Teams are packing in the paint because they know the outside shooting is bad,stats are proof. Bball 101, get your outside going, opens up the inside.

gwell
Freshman Team

Post by gwell »

Perhaps, it might help if the better 5 play more than 1 or 2 minutes together.

BALZAC
Waterboy

Post by BALZAC »

This was the 2nd time I've seen ND play. Most games were cancelled. Someone needs to show this team how to overload against a 2-3, or 2-1-2 defense. Points are scored in the paint. It's no sin to overload a zone and screen off the defense on that side. Their guards need to penetrate and attack the zone. They can't live by the 3-point. Once the defense has to pack in the zone, that will free up your guards for an easier 2 point shot. ND also needs to learn how to screen away, pick & roll, give and go when the defense is in man2man.
I looked up the score at Symmes Valley. ND played better on the road then at home. That shouldn't happen. Where was the team that I saw earlier in the season.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

gwell wrote:Perhaps, it might help if the better 5 play more than 1 or 2 minutes together.
I have no clue who the best 5 are, but settling in a rotation and playing those that actually produce regardless of all other circumstance is always a good idea. Sometimes stats lie, sometimes they paint a pretty clear picture. MD

Return to “Boys Basketball”