JV Team

Fairfield @ Manchester 2-4

Post by HoundsAre4Real »

Thoughts and Predictions?

HoundsAre4Real
JV Team

Re: Fairfield @ Manchester 2-4

Post by HoundsAre4Real »

My Hounds aren't playing very well right now, but I am still going to take them by 3.

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

Did Fairfield and Manchester split their games last year? That's likely to happen this year.

heatfan
Waterboy

Post by heatfan »

Even though it is an away game, I'll take the Lions in this game. Cox will be too much for the hounds to handle.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

jchitwood wrote:Did Fairfield and Manchester split their games last year? That's likely to happen this year.
Fairfield beat them twice last season. Honestly, Fairfield has been playing much better since Cox has returned and Manchester has been on a slight mid season slump. Based on Fairfield's recent success against Manchester and the aformentioned facts im gonna take the lions by single digits. Should be a great showdown between Cox and Blevins.

sinjinian
Freshman Team

Post by sinjinian »

Fairfield still seems to be a work in progress and a little inconsistent. With that being said, Cox dominated Blevins in both meetings last year. I think Fairfield is a bad matchup for Manchester and just about any team in DIV in the SE District. I think Fairfield will get a win on Friday.

They gave South Webster all they could handle in the sectionals last year without their best guard (Rolark). Wouldn't want to play them in the postseason with the size they have.

streetballer
Varsity

Post by streetballer »

ill say manchester by 10+ due to fact that manchesters guard play will be to much for fairfield..will be good battle between blevins and cox...manchester can spread the points out which i dont believe fairfield can

haverightsto
Waterboy

Post by haverightsto »

Sorry streetballer but I don't really ever hear of anyone other than Blevins and Combs do any real scoring for Manchester. West has had a few good scoring games but Ricketts and Smith are no real scoring threats at all! Where as Cox, Rolark, Williams and the other big guy for Fairfield (name escapes me?) can all put up good numbers on any given night! Just my opinion but I will have to take Fairfield by 10+!!

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

haverightsto wrote:Sorry streetballer but I don't really ever hear of anyone other than Blevins and Combs do any real scoring for Manchester. West has had a few good scoring games but Ricketts and Smith are no real scoring threats at all! Where as Cox, Rolark, Williams and the other big guy for Fairfield (name escapes me?) can all put up good numbers on any given night! Just my opinion but I will have to take Fairfield by 10+!!
I think Cody Ferrell is the other big your thinking of.

haverightsto
Waterboy

Post by haverightsto »

Yeah that's him, thanks tribe!!!

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Fairfield by 3, leading to various reports that the Hounds were screwed over by the refs.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

No way Fairfield wins this "must win for Manchester game" at Manchester

heatfan
Waterboy

Post by heatfan »

"No way"... thats what the hounds said last week

eaglesorfalcons
Freshman Team

Post by eaglesorfalcons »

danicalifornia wrote:Fairfield by 3, leading to various reports that the Hounds were screwed over by the refs.
Now that's funny!!!! ;-)

peeblesfan97
JV Team

Post by peeblesfan97 »

Having never seen Cox and Blevins play each other, im not sure how they match up against one another but having whatched Peebles play them both the last couple of years I have been far more impressed with Blevins play against the Indians. I have to say Manchester gets back in the groove and wins this one at home.

theuglytruth
Varsity

Post by theuglytruth »

Pretty sure that Cox shut Blevins down both times last year. Should be a good match-up. I definately dont see this being a blow out. Fairfield may even be the favorite. Manchester should be hungry since they have dropped a couple recently and with LYnchburg keeping up with them. By years end its possible Fairfield or maybe even Whiteoak could surpass Manchester in the league standings.

peeblesfan97
JV Team

Post by peeblesfan97 »

theuglytruth wrote:Pretty sure that Cox shut Blevins down both times last year. Should be a good match-up. I definately dont see this being a blow out. Fairfield may even be the favorite. Manchester should be hungry since they have dropped a couple recently and with LYnchburg keeping up with them. By years end its possible Fairfield or maybe even Whiteoak could surpass Manchester in the league standings.
I have heard several people on here say that Cox has typically gotten the best of Blevins head to head. If Peebles wasn't playing at home that night I would go see this one.

Return to “Boys Basketball”