Whiteoak VS Peebles 2/1

sparky
All State

Re: Whiteoak VS Peebles 2/1

Post by sparky »

number one,
if the whiteoak kids were dropping fbombs why were they not t'd up? that is usually an automatic t and if you heard it in the bleachers then the refs should have been hearing it as well.

theuglytruth
Varsity

Post by theuglytruth »

jayhawks wrote:I know Coach Mcfarland well and his knowledge of the game is alot better than you think.As for you theuglytruth i question your knowledge.You are probably one of them fans that coaches from the stands.
lol I said no knock to coach mcfarland, I know him also, and I'm not saying he doesnt have knowledge of the game, but to compare his knowledge to that of Lawhorn makes no sense, it's not even close.

and actually you couldn't be any farther off bud....

and that my friends is the ugly truth

heatfan
Waterboy

Post by heatfan »

number one,
I will put the word out to all the ref's... Whiteoak players trip, push, kick, spit on, shove, and say the f word. Meanwhile, Peebles players help up, apologize, offer a hand, clap for, and do not say the f word to opponents. Thank you for the heads up ;-)

YC08
Riding the Bench

Post by YC08 »

Just getting caught up...
Doug McFarland-got screwed, no doubt. If left alone would've done the same thing with those boys that Lawhorn did. Easy now, Lawhorn groupies, don't attack--I know Coach Lawhorn has forgot more than all of us know and I think he's fantastic, esp. in the late 90s. But remember Doug had these boys (Blake, Andy, Andrew) when they were freshman and sophomores, did fairly well, got kicked out and the job handed to Lawhorn and the team progressed with the same players maturing with their skills, equaling wins. I believe, (my opinion) Doug would've done the same if left in place. Strategy and philosophy from my seat in the stands had Doug modeling himself after Lawhorn(again imo). Again don't attack, I am not classifying Doug McFarland on the level as John Lawhorn just saying he would've won if left alone.

Whiteoak Game: Peebles-poor defense, no offense (tons of offensive power)--but ran no offense. Out rebounded and didn't finish around the basket. Also Blake wasn't Blake- he had an off shooting night, if he hits it's a different story. Good job as a team on FT.
Whiteoak-first meeting thought it might be a fluke how they controlled the ball game, second time around it's pretty evident--WO came in with a heck of a game plan. WO took Peebles out of their game and controlled Blake. Before you jump on this I understand Blake went for over twenty in both games, but game 2 (getting old can't remember individual stats like tribe from first game :122249 ) over half of Blake's points came from FT. FT were the difference, if I had to guess WO missed almost 15 and only lost by 4.

Final Thoughts on WO v. Peebles, part 2: Great game! Hard fought game. A great coaching strategy. A grind when taken out of your game by the Indians. Also, I think it's going a little far to classify a team as dirty or cheap, based on 1 players play. Bite your tounge and make that call next year--WO (and many others) plays hard and probably even more so against the Indians. By being good, throughout our history, we have put a target on ourselves. I for one love the target, used to love to point and say right here it is, this is where your best shot goes. People came hard, but that's expected--don't call 15 yr olds cheap and dirty! Come on now show that indian pride!

numberonefan
Riding the Bench

Post by numberonefan »

heatfan, any word on why michaels was benched in the3rd quarter and then not put back in the game tonight against NA?

shljunkie
Varsity

Post by shljunkie »

Very true. Being on top you get everyones best game.

heatfan
Waterboy

Post by heatfan »

number one,
I believe he got a T midway through the 3rd. The coach just never put him back in after taking him out. Seems to me like thats a tough way to try to teach a kid a lesson. Teach one kid a lesson = loss for an entire team. A lot, and I do mean A LOT of whiteoak fans never did understand the reasoning behind this.

heatfan
Waterboy

Post by heatfan »

Also,
as I recall, this is the EXACT same way that Whiteoak lost to NA earlier in the year. One of the guards got a T and never returned, as well as the coach not playing any of his starters in the 4th qtr. Must want to prove a point. I'd try winning games, that proves a lot too.

luvit
Freshman Team

Post by luvit »

there have been several coaches that i can remember not putting a kid back in after a t. sometimes winning isnt everything. respect never hurts a thing. just saying.

shljunkie
Varsity

Post by shljunkie »

I agree luvit and I don't know heatfan, you may have been talking to the biased fans :) because most everyone I talked to that was there was glad to see it.

luvit
Freshman Team

Post by luvit »

imo wo coach puts up with way more than anyone should have to

heatfan
Waterboy

Post by heatfan »

I agree winning isnt everything, but when you have a big lead and then lose, what point does that prove to the OTHER kids on the team? Not saying certain things dont deserve punishment, but again, what are you going to prove by losing a game and hurting the OTHER KIDS? Most of us would deal with it later, like at a practice or something, not during a game...

to all,
How would you deal with one of your players receiving a T in a game?

numberonefan
Riding the Bench

Post by numberonefan »

I think you have to look at the situation individually. Depends on a lot of things, what the T was for, has there been an going history of problems with a kid?? It is unfortunate that a whole team has to pay for the behavior of one but sometimes they pay worse by nothing being done.
What was this T for tonight anyway?

heatfan
Waterboy

Post by heatfan »

shljunkie,
I bet the people you talked to were happy to see the kid not go back in. If I was on the NA side I would say the same thing.

luvit,
a lot of coaches put up with more than they should have to. But then again, thats part of the job...

slug
Freshman Team

Post by slug »

Wasn't at this game but I have seen these 2 teams play. Where was the WO/NA game played?

And to answer the T question. It would all depend on what he or she got the T for. But I will say this. I would take a loss if necessary to prove a point. What did the Michael boy do? Also how many T's has he got this season?

dragon88
Riding the Bench

Post by dragon88 »

heatfan wrote:number one,
I believe he got a T midway through the 3rd. The coach just never put him back in after taking him out. Seems to me like thats a tough way to try to teach a kid a lesson. Teach one kid a lesson = loss for an entire team. A lot, and I do mean A LOT of whiteoak fans never did understand the reasoning behind this.
After watching the Michael boy at Manchester and in the two games against Peebles, I must admit that Tom has alot more patience than I do. During the Manchester game, he told the White Oak crowd that his coach is a retard (him running the 3), yelled at his teammates, and chased the ball as it was passed from one White Oak player to another. Nice kid off the floor, but very unpredictable during the game. When he keeps his focus he is a good player on both sides of the ball, but it is certainly easy to get into his head.

Criticize Tom...nah, give him a medal!
Last edited by dragon88 on Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shljunkie
Varsity

Post by shljunkie »

nah heat fan, they weren't from NA.............I'll leave it at that :)

heatfan
Waterboy

Post by heatfan »

The micheal boy, disagreed with the call, made some faces and was discusted. He more than likely deserved the T. I believe it is his 1st T this year. I dont agree with taking a loss to prove a point. I bet the teammates of Whiteoak dont agree with that eithor. I remember way back, and i do mean way back when i played, there was an outstanding player on our team who got several T's that year. He would get T'd up, we'd play harder, he'd go on to dominate, and WE'D WIN. thats how it went. I never once thought, man wish coach would take him out so we can lose. Get real

heatfan
Waterboy

Post by heatfan »

shljunkie,
you mean to tell me that people actually go to a whiteoak game and are happy that the team loses.

slug
Freshman Team

Post by slug »

Was this game played at WO or NA?

Return to “Boys Basketball”